Page 7 of 166 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Hello, thanks for this HowTo.
    It works perfectly
    But I want to change the icon in the firefow windows. It is a Grey/black X. (the little icon in the title bar, and in the taskbar before title of the windows)
    How can i change it ?

Thanks++
    Nous avons trop tendance à devenir pareils aux pires de nos ennemis.
    Coda Bene Gesserit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by MilesTEG1 View Post
    Hello, thanks for this HowTo.
    It works perfectly
    But I want to change the icon in the firefow windows. It is a Grey/black X. (the little icon in the title bar, and in the taskbar before title of the windows)
    How can i change it ?

Thanks++
    In order for everything to run corectly the 32bit browser runs under linux32. One of the negitives is no firefox icon.
    I trust Microsoft as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat

I'm in my third year at a Lutheran seminary!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.10 Edgy

before i follow this guide do i have to remove firefox i already have installed?
    "Hope is a dangerous thing. It can drive a man insane."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Wink Firefox 32 appearing ugly

Hi there, first, congratulations for the great howto, everything worked 100%, even for a completely newbie to linux as me.. now, I have a question. I'm using Kubuntu on amd64, the newly installed Firefox 32 bits has an ugly appearance, with some contours on the different parts of the window, very different from the original Firefox 64 that came installed.. how can I fix this? Is it using some different library (GTK for example??).. any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Keko

Beans

can you say howto make this for liferea?? thanks

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Vlatko View Post
    before i follow this guide do i have to remove firefox i already have installed?
    Nope, the 32bit version this howto/scripts installs dosent replace the firefox already on your system. You can replace it if you want to, but it isnt nessasary.

Quote Originally Posted by kekojeep
    Hi there, first, congratulations for the great howto, everything worked 100%, even for a completely newbie to linux as me.. now, I have a question. I'm using Kubuntu on amd64, the newly installed Firefox 32 bits has an ugly appearance, with some contours on the different parts of the window, very different from the original Firefox 64 that came installed.. how can I fix this? Is it using some different library (GTK for example??).. any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Keko
    Sorry , I have been unable to make things as seamless for the Kubuntu version as Ubuntu.

Quote Originally Posted by Zottan
    can you say howto make this for liferea?? thanks
    Liferea is in the repositories. You can install it with Synaptic. Take a look here to learn about how to use Synaptic. You will also have to enable the universe repositories.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Hello Kilz, thanks for this detail howto.
    However, I am experiencing problem with flash at adobe.com whereby it stayed on top of tab menu that I pointed with mouse. Exact same problem as someone else few pages back. Is there any solution for this already??

I also made launcher for firefox32 on top taskbar - next to e-mail icon (I also got an entry on applications - internet - firefox32 webbrowser
    Running firefox 32 is no problem at all. But if I click the icon for firefox 64, it also launched firefox32 and of course java/flash/mplayer are properly displayed as it supposed to be.
    Samething happenned if I click applications-internet-firefox webbrowser (i.e original firefox 64). Any idea of what causing this?

EDIT.
    I just turned on my computer, strange enough, now all icons launched firefox 64 (V.1.5.0.5). What I installed was firefox32 v 1.5.0.6.
    Check the java page & sure enough it could not be displayed properly
    Last edited by Lonthong; August 7th, 2006 at 05:31 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Last edited by Stirling; August 10th, 2006 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Public forums are the wrong medium for arguments, cleaning up my side of things.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Stirling View Post
    Please note the Swiftfox deb files provided by Kilz are not official Swiftfox debs. The official ones are available at http://getswiftfox.com/ubuntu.htm. If you choose to use the ones provided by Kilz please do so at your own risk.
    That is only because of me. Up untill my posts the creator was more intrested in his traffic and google income and refused to make installers. In fact he is still insisting on a link to a download page and not one to a direct download. I write install scripts, that stipulation makes them impossible. I think I will go on using my own .deb files. Since they are foss, I can.

Beans
    Hidden!

Last edited by Stirling; August 10th, 2006 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Public forums are the wrong medium for arguments, cleaning up my side of things.

Page 7 of 166 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast