Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: How-To: Set up and use Synce

Beans

Re: How-To: Set up and use Synce

Quote Originally Posted by binjured
    Okay, maybe I am a complete idiot, but I can't even get past the first step here. It says to use diff to find out where the device is, except mine shows nothing. In fact I have no ttyUSB* entries in /dev/ at all! I sure as hell know I have USB devices on the machine (my external hdd works just fine) and when using "cat /proc/bus/usb/devices" I get:
    snip So... it's there then right? What's going on here?
    I'm having the same problem. My pocketpc shows in the devices list, but I have no ttyUSB devs.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

I cant connect. Followed the guide, no errors. Connected the device and nothing.

Erm, not sure where to even begin.

What can i do to try and narrow it down?

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Followed this thing, and everything went fine untill i tried to actually connect.

Seems on my system that synce-serial-start dies before the connection is actually established, some timing problem i guess, the udev rule mentioned earlier however, seems to work arround that small problem

PS: My pocketpc seems unable to connect to the internet while connected to the PC.
    I'm suspecting this to be a routing/dns/ppp issue, if anyone has some pointers, they're welcome
    Last edited by Amon_Re; July 11th, 2006 at 09:46 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

I tried to follow you tutorial and fell at the first hurdle. I've got a 02 XDA Mini (HTC Wizard), which is running MS Win PPC 5.

When trying to find the pocket PC as a /dev/ I drew a blank. I know I must have missed something basic. I carefuly followed the instructions to get the ls of /dev before and after I switch my phone on.

I did a dmesg to check the system picked up on me plugging it into the usb port. I found this line near the bottom, and it's the only one relating to the new usb device.

usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2

I haven't installed anything for the phone on ubuntu upto this point, any help is welcome. Cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by mogulike View Post
    I tried to follow you tutorial and fell at the first hurdle. I've got a 02 XDA Mini (HTC Wizard), which is running MS Win PPC 5.

I haven't installed anything for the phone on ubuntu upto this point, any help is welcome. Cheers

This may be your problem....

News

2006-01-04 If you are interested in Windows Mobile 5 support in SynCE, please join the SynCE-WindowsMobile5 mailing list.

2005-11-24 Important Windows Mobile 5 devices do not work with SynCE! This is currently being investigated but no SynCE developer has access such a device, so don't expect them to be supported very soon.

This information ( and more ) can be found here....

http://synce.sourceforge.net/synce/

Hmmmm..I've just re-read your orignal post. That device is a Pocket PC if I'm not mistaken, so my info re Win Mobile 5 is probably not applicable..
    Last edited by teejcee; August 21st, 2006 at 10:08 AM. Reason: additional information

Beans
    Hidden!

I have a dell axim x51 and I get nothing in the very begining =///
    with your device unpluged type
    Code:

ls /dev > /tmp/before

then plugin your device and type
    Code:

ls /dev > /tmp/after diff /tmp/before /tmp/after

hopefully it shows
    ttyUSB0 (just remember wat this is!)
    it doesn't shows anything =/// please someone help me, I'm trying really hard to make synce works...

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

alas, thanks to all those who helped, im sorry i let this thread die. its outdated a bit, as edgy is on its way, and WM5 is here.
    i too have a dell axim x51 and dont believe it will work.
    i suggest getting a sd or CF card and card reader and transfering stuff that way, its its a million times easier.
    i will however be creating a new/updated howto (with updated packages hopefully) soon.
    until then, cheers!

Beans
    Hidden!

Hey trab thanks for worring about me (sorry bad eglish)! I need to sync the calendar and tasks, so I couldn't figure out how transfering stuff via CF and SD will help me this way... if there's any share with me.
    thanks!

Beans

Hi guys thank 4 info

well i need help on this
    now in your tray icon, u should see a synce icon... right click/explorer

right i done all what you said all cods, but i dont have anything in mt trat icon ??
    this is what i done

markie@markie-ubuntu:~$ synce-trayicon
    markie@markie-ubuntu:~$ dccm
    markie@markie-ubuntu:~$ sudo synce-serial-config ttyUSB0
    Password:
    You can now run synce-serial-start to start a serial connection.
    markie@markie-ubuntu:~$ sudo synce-serial-start
    synce-serial-start is now waiting for your device to connect
    markie@markie-ubuntu:~$

can you help please im using a PDA

markie

Beans

Yeah. I'm getting a problem with the tray icon too:

Code:
    synce-trayicon
    synce-trayicon: error while loading shared libraries: libgtop-2.0.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    followed the guide to the letter.

I'm running kde if it makes a difference.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast