Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Nvidia nForce SoundStorm APU: Digital output, Surround and Hardware mixing

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Nvidia nForce SoundStorm APU: Digital output, Surround and Hardware mixing

The flash 9 plugin is alsa only. I've tried using the aoss package to fix it with no luck so far. I'm also getting the alsa errors with gedit. BTW if anyone wants the get the nvnet module to work with 2.6.17 I can post what I did.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Inverted Channells

Sorry for repeating the question...
    I have an Abit AN-7 Mobo, and I experience that center channells are swapped to rear channells while watching 5.1 films... no other has the same problem here??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Inverted Channells

Quote Originally Posted by Icarosaurus View Post
    Sorry for repeating the question...
    I have an Abit AN-7 Mobo, and I experience that center channells are swapped to rear channells while watching 5.1 films... no other has the same problem here??
    Sorry, I haven't got any idea what could be the cause of that. Does it happen in all movieplayers? According to this there is (or was?) a bug in xine causing the same problem. If you use mplayer I guess you could find a workaround here (there is a section about copying/moving sound channels).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: HOWTO: Nvidia nForce SoundStorm APU: Digital output, Surround and Hardware mixing

Thank you very very much for your hints, Jocko.

On Windoz the problem is ALWAYS present: i have to stay all the time with jacks inverted and all works fine. I don't know if it's a bug of the AN7 Mobo, but I had a NF7-S and there was the same problem.

In my Kubuntu Dapper, the problem comes only when i play 5.1 streams even with MPLAYER...so I guess it's not a Xine bug.
    With 2-channels I hear the rear speakers correctly WITH JACKS INVERTED on the MoBo.So I have to switch them for listening to a 5.1 stream.

I could try that work-around on Mplayer...but it's only a workaround: I'm afraid there's something wrong on NVIDIA drivers...

I could try with Gnome too: maybe there's something wrong in my kde setup...

Anyway I can't hear a loud subwoofer sound and I can't control it even enabling LFE slide in the configuration file.

I hope someone around the world solved the problem
    Last edited by Icarosaurus; October 23rd, 2006 at 12:26 AM.

Beans

How do you revert back to the intel driver? I'm having issues following the directions. I followed everything, but I still only have capture on my volume control. I think I have to get rid of the actual NVidia driver, but I have no clue how to do so.

EDIT: Yeah, I got it back. There's some extra options if people just want 5.1 sound on the intel driver in the preferences. That's all I wanted from the nvidia driver, and now I don't really need it. Flash 9 works correctly.

For people trying to go back to the intel driver, and the originator of this thread, you might want to add the following to the steps, because it is required. Without it, the intel module won't load correctly and the nvsound one will override it.

Code:
    sudo sh NFORCE-Linux-x86-1.0-0310-pkg1.run --uninstall
    Last edited by daverab; October 23rd, 2006 at 03:44 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by daverab View Post
    For people trying to go back to the intel driver, and the originator of this thread, you might want to add the following to the steps, because it is required. Without it, the intel module won't load correctly and the nvsound one will override it.

Code:
    sudo sh NFORCE-Linux-x86-1.0-0310-pkg1.run --uninstall
    Ok, I've added it to the end of my howto.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    Ok, I've added it to the end of my howto.
    has anyone figured out how to get firefox's sound to work for this? i tried uninstalling it at least to get firefox sound for a little bit, but it wont uninstall. when i run the script with --uninstall i get:
    Code:
    There is no NVIDIA /objcopy driver currently installed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by joincamp View Post
    has anyone figured out how to get firefox's sound to work for this? i tried uninstalling it at least to get firefox sound for a little bit, but it wont uninstall. when i run the script with --uninstall i get:
    Code:
    There is no NVIDIA /objcopy driver currently installed.
    It's common that this driver won't uninstall automatically. In this case, you need to delete all the files manually. On my system (and most probably yours if you followed this howto) the list of files is -
    Code:
    /usr/bin/nforce-installer
    /usr/bin/nforce-bug-report.sh
    /usr/bin/nvmixer
    /usr/bin/nvmix-reg
    /usr/local/lib/libnvopenal.a
    /usr/local/lib/libnvalut.a
    /usr/share/doc/nforce//ReleaseNotes.html
    /lib/modules/<kernel-name>/kernel/sound/oss/nvsound.ko
    /var/lib/nvidia-nforce
    /var/lib/nvidia-nforce/nforce_log_audio
    /var/log/nvidia-installer.log
    /var/log/nforce-installer.log
    /etc/modprobe.d/nvsound
    Upon reboot, you should have ALSA back, but you will probably need to change your sound settings and/or some of your apps to use it.
    AMD Athlon64 X2 5600 on Abit KN9 Ultra nForce 570
    2GB Corsair TwinX DDR2-800
    Gigabyte ATI HD4850 1GB on ASUS PW201 20" WS LCD
    Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit / Wintendo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I just installed the Flash 9 and hey, guess what? No sound! I knew the default support is for ALSA but I thought it would be easy to tell it to use OSS. But, apparently not. According to the Adobe Labs website, OSS support in Flash 9 can only be enabled through the 'flashsupport' layer, which you need to build separately. And then it only mentions support for opensound.com drivers, not OSS Free (?) which AFAIK the nvsound module is.

Has anyone here managed to build the flashsupport library and got it working with Soundstorm?
    AMD Athlon64 X2 5600 on Abit KN9 Ultra nForce 570
    2GB Corsair TwinX DDR2-800
    Gigabyte ATI HD4850 1GB on ASUS PW201 20" WS LCD
    Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit / Wintendo

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pseudonym View Post
    I just installed the Flash 9 and hey, guess what? No sound! I knew the default support is for ALSA but I thought it would be easy to tell it to use OSS. But, apparently not. According to the Adobe Labs website, OSS support in Flash 9 can only be enabled through the 'flashsupport' layer, which you need to build separately. And then it only mentions support for opensound.com drivers, not OSS Free (?) which AFAIK the nvsound module is.

Has anyone here managed to build the flashsupport library and got it working with Soundstorm?
    If you ever get this working or have any updates, please post about it in this thread. Thanks.

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast