http://www.bzflag.org/

Have fun....
    http://www.politikstube.de - die etwas andere Politikcommunity

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: BZFlag 2.0.2 "Queen of Maybe"

Yep I'd like to have this too!

I've also tried to backport it by myself but without success as you can see.. now that I think about it, maybe my problem was related to the missing nvidia drivers "dev" package..

bye,
    Giovanni.
    Linux registered user #72162

Beans

Different servers are available for version 2. There is quite a big difference between bzflag version 2.0.x and version 1.10. A bzflag junkie would understand, heh.

I'm fairly new but I had a bzflag developer help me try to compile it on Ubuntu. We also tried installing the deb package which is available on Debian In both cases, a newer version of libcurl3 and/or libcurl3-dev is needed. (>= 7.13.1-1). This, or higher versions of libcurl 3 are available on Debian, Redhat, Mandriva, Suse etal. but NOT Ubuntu, best I can determine. Disclaimer: I could be horribly wrong

Btw, Debian package here: http://packages.debian.org/unstable/games/bzflag

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual DarKness
    Yep I'd like to have this too!

I've also tried to backport it by myself but without success as you can see.. now that I think about it, maybe my problem was related to the missing nvidia drivers "dev" package..

bye,
    Giovanni.

I originally had the same problem.

Try this: ./configure --enable-debug LDFLAGS="-lpthread"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

2.0.2 in Breezy. Excellent, approved for build.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxradar
    Linux's audio architecture is more like the layers of the Earth's crust than the network model, with lower levels occasionally erupting on to the surface, causing confusion and distress, and upper layers moving to displace the underlying technology that was originally hidden

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jdong
    2.0.2 in Breezy. Excellent, approved for build.
    Apoligizes if I'm not supposed to post here, please redirect me. The category for this sub-forum is "Requests that have been built and uploaded" but you state its "approved for build". So I'm confused, do I need to wait for this to get into the backport or can it be installed right now?

I have Hoary, If its ready to be installed, I don't have a clue as to how to install it from a breezy repository as other posts have warned of breakage, etc. Maybe its ok to install a single package but it thats the case, I need some pointers.

TIA - ep

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ep_
    Apoligizes if I'm not supposed to post here, please redirect me. The category for this sub-forum is "Requests that have been built and uploaded" but you state its "approved for build". So I'm confused, do I need to wait for this to get into the backport or can it be installed right now?

I have Hoary, If its ready to be installed, I don't have a clue as to how to install it from a breezy repository as other posts have warned of breakage, etc. Maybe its ok to install a single package but it thats the case, I need some pointers.

TIA - ep

Nevermind, I'm starting to figure this stuff out. Guess it was coming down the pike all along. Appreciate the community!

I added the new backport-staging to my sources, updated and installed bzflag 2.0.x I commented out the additions to my sources.list afterwards.

I'm happy to report the install went perfect and so far the game seems to be running like a top.

Beans

So how long does it take for something like bzflag to go from staging to main?