Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: DVD Cover Art

Beans

Re: DVD Cover Art

I've been busy for spell while taking Calculus IV and Intro. to Computer Programming at Rutgers University and haven't had much time for anything else. However, Friday was my final and over the weekend I finally got around to adding a few features and uploading it all. Here is a thumb of the latest version:

Now after posting I think the DVD logo on the front might be a little larger than it should be. Maybe not.

I think the cover is pretty much in its final form for my taste. At this point any further modifications is probably just a matter of preference. kung.foo has a pretty nice design going on a few posts up. An archive of the files I used in creating this is located at the end of the lilnk below. Enjoy...

As always:
    http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~pax
    http://www.pegasus.rutgers.edu/~pax/...2005.07.24.svg SVG file

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I'd put a screenshot on the right and one on the left side of the back cover instead of putting them in columns.
    I'm not really keen on the dvd logo.The grey background and the circle might as well be removed.
    But the badger is definitely very smart.
    For the front,you should emphasize (sorry for the spelling,i'm French and too lazy to look for the proper way to spell it ) on the fact that it is a free operating system

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by UbuWu
    I would take the screenshots from a standard non-customized ubuntu install and make them a little bit more interesting. Something like these two:
    http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/sl...e=342&slide=36
    http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/sl...e=342&slide=37
    I totally agree. Standard install screenshots is vital, and I like the ones you picked as they are informative as well.

Also I say ditch the DVD logo and bring back the OSI logo so the case can be used for CDs too.

Beans

Can we edit this image ourselves and print the edited version?

Beans

Took myself the freedom of showing how it will look in-case

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Gobbla
    Took myself the freedom of showing how it will look in-case

Hello, I just wondering, what program did you use to print the cover? I used Nero Cover maker when I returned to Window$ 1 week ago (Visual Basic, school project) but now Im back in Ubuntu and I don't know any program like Nero to print Case Covers and Cd Labels
    Watashi wa ShuShine desu.
    Registered Linux: User#402054

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyvergara.NET
    Hello, I just wondering, what program did you use to print the cover? I used Nero Cover maker when I returned to Window$ 1 week ago (Visual Basic, school project) but now Im back in Ubuntu and I don't know any program like Nero to print Case Covers and Cd Labels
    Win-prog, IMANDIX cover.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by neoncode
    Can we edit this image ourselves and print the edited version?
    The work that I put into the files I would consider public domain. However, the image of Breezy was borrowed from another person and the ubunto logos belong to Canonical. I think some of the text was ripped from a Ubuntu CD I have.

So, go ahead and edit, copy or do whatever you like with the files keeping in mind that not everything is mine fo give. Happy hacking!
    Last edited by charlie763; December 25th, 2005 at 06:47 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Nice work =D>
    really love it.

Beans

That is really cool. I like it.
    It is awesome

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast