Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW-TO: Building amaroK from SVN source

Beans

Re: HOW-TO: Building amaroK from SVN source

Hi. I'm having problems similar to what a couple of others have had.
    My first question is this: We download a file called amarok-svn.sh, but the command is ./get-amarok-svn.sh? I added execute to the file permissions, but hen I type ./get-amarok-svn.sh I get the error:

Code:
    bash: ./get-amarok-svn.sh: No such file or directory
    So instead I tried
    sudo ./amarok-svn.sh

I needed the sudo otherwise it couldn't create the directory /opt/amarok-svn.
    It started to install, but when it get to linking to the collection scanner, I get errors:
    Code:
    linking ./amarok/src/collectionscanner/amarokcollectionscanner
    /bin/sh ./libtool --silent --mode=link --tag=CXX g++ -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ans i -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -g3 -fno-inline -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attr ibute -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DQT_CLEA N_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION -D QT_THREAD_SUPPORT -D_REENTRANT -L/usr/lib -L/usr/share/qt3/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -R /usr/lib -R /usr/lib -R /usr/share/qt3/lib -R /usr/X11R6/lib -o ./amarok/src/ collectionscanner/amarokcollectionscanner ./amarok/src/metadata/libmetadata.la - lqt-mt -lz -lpng -lz -lm -lXext -lX11 -lSM -lICE -lpthread -lkdecore -L/usr/loca l/lib -ltag ./amarok/src/collectionscanner/main.o ./amarok/src/collectionscanner /collectionscanner.o
    /usr/bin/ld: warning: libstdc++.so.6, needed by /usr/local/lib/libtag.so, not fo und (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
    /usr/local/lib/libtag.so: undefined reference to `std::ios_base::Init::~Init [in -charge]()@GLIBCXX_3.4'
    This is followed by many undefine reference errors (I won't list them all here), and then by
    Code:
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    Error creating ./amarok/src/collectionscanner/amarokcollectionscanner. Exit stat us 1.

ERROR: Compilation wasn't successful. amaroK was NOT installed/upgraded. Ask the  friendly people in #amarok on freenode for help.
    Error: "/tmp/ksocket-daobear" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
    Link points to "/tmp/ksocket-root"
    Error: "/tmp/ksocket-daobear" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
    Link points to "/tmp/ksocket-root"
    Error: "/tmp/kde-daobear" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
    Link points to "/tmp/kde-root"
    kbuildsycoca running...
    Error: "/var/tmp/kdecache-daobear" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
    Link points to "/var/tmp/kdecache-root"
    daobear@dhcpo-41-227:/opt$ ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 21177, errno = 0
    I'm not really sure what all this means. Help?
    BTW, I'm using Gnome.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by daobear
    Hi. I'm having problems similar to what a couple of others have had.
    My first question is this: We download a file called amarok-svn.sh, but the command is ./get-amarok-svn.sh?
    They changed the name of the file recently. I updated that line of the how-to. Thanks for pointing it out.

I needed the sudo otherwise it couldn't create the directory /opt/amarok-svn.
    Perhaps I should recommend running it from /home instead. It never use to be a problem because the prior script had to be run as sudo.

It started to install, but when it get to linking to the collection scanner, I get errors:
    I noticed that Ubuntu recently made those files available, but they installed automatically on my machine during a system update.

Try:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install libstdc++6 libstdc++6-4.0-dev

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by mlomker
    I don't know, I didn't write the script. Have you already tried make uninstall?
    use:

sudo `which unsermake` uninstall

Beans

I am getting this error after running ./amarok-svn.sh in my home directory. To see the full output: http://amarok.pastebin.com/451821

Does anyone have any idea what could cause this? It was working perfectly a week ago... This file "/usr/lib/libstdc++.la" doesn't even exist, although I have all of the requisite libraries installed.

Cheers, Simon

Code:
    linking ./amarok/src/loader/amarok
    linking ./amarok/src/collectionscanner/amarokcollectionscanner
    /bin/sh ./libtool --silent --mode=link --tag=CXX g++ -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -g3 -fno-inline -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -D_REENTRANT -L/usr/lib -L/usr/share/qt3/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -R /usr/lib -R /usr/lib -R /usr/share/qt3/lib -R /usr/X11R6/lib -o ./amarok/src/collectionscanner/amarokcollectionscanner ./amarok/src/metadata/libmetadata.la -lqt-mt -lz -lpng -lz -lm -lXext -lX11 -lSM -lICE -lpthread -lkdecore -L/usr/lib -ltag ./amarok/src/collectionscanner/main.o ./amarok/src/collectionscanner/collectionscanner.o
    libtool: link: cannot find the library `/usr/lib/libstdc++.la'
    Error creating ./amarok/src/collectionscanner/amarokcollectionscanner. Exit status 1.

ERROR: Compilation wasn't successful. amaroK was NOT installed/upgraded. Ask the friendly people in #amarok on freenode for help.
    kbuildsycoca running...
    simon@ahimsa:~/amaroksvn$ ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 12470, errno = 0

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by simoncullen
    This file "/usr/lib/libstdc++.la" doesn't even exist, although I have all of the requisite libraries installed.
    See the end of post 92 and give that a try.

You should also download the apt-file package...it's super handy in situations like this because it gives you a list of every package that contains the file. You might have to install a few before you get it right, but it really narrows things down for you.

Code:
    sudo apt-get install apt-file
    sudo apt-file update
    Then:

Code:
    mlomker@mlomkernote:/$ apt-file search libstdc++.la
    gcc-snapshot: usr/lib/gcc-snapshot/lib/debug/libstdc++.la
    gcc-snapshot: usr/lib/gcc-snapshot/lib/libstdc++.la
    lib64stdc++6-4.0-dbg: usr/lib64/debug/libstdc++.la
    libstdc++5-3.3-dbg: usr/lib/debug/libstdc++.la
    libstdc++6-4.0-dbg: usr/lib/debug/libstdc++.la
    libstdc++6-dbg: usr/lib/debug/libstdc++.la
    libstdc++6-dbg: usr/lib64/debug/libstdc++.la
    llvm-cfe: usr/lib/llvm/cfrontend/lib/libstdc++.la
    mingw32: usr/lib/gcc/i586-mingw32msvc/3.4.2/libstdc++.la
    pocketpc-g++: usr/arm-wince-pe/lib/libstdc++.la
    mlomker@mlomkernote:/$
    Last edited by mlomker; December 7th, 2005 at 02:38 AM.

Beans

...all problems are fixed! cheers
    Last edited by simoncullen; December 7th, 2005 at 09:50 AM. Reason: update

Beans

Do you know how to use this method to compile amaroK with MySQL support? I've installed mysql-server-4.1 as well as mysql-common-4.1, & mysql-client-4.1, and the server is started (mysqld is running).

I tried using ./amarok-svn.sh, and when it prompts me for parameters, I use "--enable-mysql". The configure script then searches for mysql, but the console shows this:

Code:
    checking for mysql_config... no
    and later:

Code:
     = The following extra functionality will NOT be included:
     =   - aRts-engine
     =   - NMM-engine
     =   - MAS-engine
     =   - Helix-engine
     =   - libvisual Support
     =   - XMMS Visualization Wrapper
     =   - MySql Support
     =   - Postgresql Support
     =   - MusicBrainz Support
     =   - Moodbar Support
     =   - iRiver iFP Support
    Anyone know why the script wouldn't see mysql_config, and how I can make sure that it's there?

EDIT: I figured out what I was missing, namely libmysqlclient-dev. I had the library files, but not the development files. Once I installed that, I was able to compile with MySQL support using the "--enable-mysql" parameter.
    Last edited by gk_jam; December 8th, 2005 at 02:52 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nick
    Didnt work or me, gives errors telling me to start dcopserver, Im on gnome btw.

I think I messed up at the begennig but how can I start over? I deleted the amarok-svn folder but want to get rid of what it already installed and try again.

Any chance to have the script to just compile and not install? I would like to use checkinstall to make a deb for easy removal later.
    When you run the script, run "./amarok-svn.sh -r" . This will reset the script and let you reconfigure all of those options from the beginning. I had a lot of problems when trying to get the AAC tags to work. I reset the bloody thing repeatedly and it ended up working in the end.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Madhatter14641
    AAC tags to work. I reset the bloody thing repeatedly and it ended up working in the end.
    You're talking about the MP4/AAC piece? Did you install any additional packages? I've been looking for the dependencies on some of these 'extras' and haven't had luck with some of them.

Beans

I got mp4/aac support to work pretty easily. Just make sure that libmp4v2 dev and faad2 dev packages are installed.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast