Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Amsn 0.97b - non compiling & antialising fonts & no tab bug & lot more!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Re: Amsn 0.97b - non compiling & antialising fonts & no tab bug & lot more!

Quote Originally Posted by apocalypso View Post
    Hmmm... removing both tcl8.4 and tk8.4 requires me to also uninstall ubuntu-desktop (and a handful of other dependencies)...

Not quite sure about doing it right now, maybe I'll wait, too much of a fuss to get aMSN working again, specially considering just last week it was working 100% ok!
    Okay, I just did it, but to no avail - that is, I uninstalled tcl8.4 and tk8.4, installed their respective 8.5 versions and went for the aMSN, but nothing, same "Application initialization failed: this isn't a Tk applicationunknown color name "Black"" error...

Maybe I'll wait till all of these packages get official upgrades... in the meantime, there's Gaim...

Quote Originally Posted by apocalypso View Post
    Okay, I just did it, but to no avail - that is, I uninstalled tcl8.4 and tk8.4, installed their respective 8.5 versions and went for the aMSN, but nothing, same "Application initialization failed: this isn't a Tk applicationunknown color name "Black"" error...

Maybe I'll wait till all of these packages get official upgrades... in the meantime, there's Gaim...
    From the aMSN wiki:
    Q: When I try running aMSN, I get an error "unknown color Black". How can I fix it ?
    A: This problem is not coming from aMSN, it's an Xorg faulty installation. You probably have a bad Xorg configuration for the file rgb.txt (especially with some versions of Xgl).

If you are using xgl, you most probably have the file rgb.txt in /etc/X11 . Xgl in Ubuntu Dapper is usually misconfigured and looks for the file in /usr/share/X11 . Make a symlink to it in /usr/share/X11 and restart your X server.

If you are not using xgl, open your /etc/X11/xorg.conf and look for a line that says:

Section "Files"
    RgbPath "/etc/X11/rgb"

If the RgbPath line does not exist at all, add it under the section "Files". Then make sure the file exists in the directory defined in RgbPath (/etc/X11/ in this case). You may need to copy it from another location in your computer, or you can download it from http://amsn.sourceforge.net/rgb.txt . You must also restart your X server for the changes to take effect. PLEASE NOTE: the line in xorg.conf must NOT contain the extension of the file!!!
    Oh BTW I build my own deb if anybody wants to try it, it also requires tcl/tk 8.5. I'm running dapper with the latest updates.

http://www.capc-online.net/dloads/li...s-20060515.deb
    Last edited by kpolice; July 30th, 2006 at 09:34 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 5.10

If you experience a Tk error when you are about to Browse the files to select a new avatar (Display Pictures Browser), replace the /usr/lib/tk8.5/tkfbox.tcl that comes with tk8.5_8.5.0-1~neto3_i386.deb package with the one from http://tktoolkit.cvs.sourceforge.net...?revision=1.58

This is a dirty hack but solved the problem. I tried the desktop integration plugin but (unfortunately) it does not work for me.

Did you tried the latest version of the plugin?? v1.0??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Exclamation Re: Amsn 0.97b - non compiling & antialising fonts & no tab bug & lot more!

Quote Originally Posted by kpolice View Post
    From the aMSN wiki:

Oh BTW I build my own deb if anybody wants to try it, it also requires tcl/tk 8.5. I'm running dapper with the latest updates.

Thanks for this hint dude, I gotta make a mental note to check out wikis more often...!

I'll be giving this one a try since I do have Xgl in place. I'll let you know whatever the outcome, and thanks again!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by digitalbrainstorm View Post
    replace the /usr/lib/tk8.5/tkfbox.tcl that comes with tk8.5_8.5.0-1~neto3_i386.deb package with the one from http://tktoolkit.cvs.sourceforge.net...?revision=1.58
    Thanks I was so looking for that fix ! I can now send files again...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Exclamation Re: Amsn 0.97b - non compiling & antialising fonts & no tab bug & lot more!

From the aMSN wiki:

Finally worked!!! Actually, I had to update my XGL-Compiz setup, which wasn't working at all (I quite didn't make the connection between XGL-Compiz and aMSN not working ).

Well, thanks a lot!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 5.10

Did you tried the latest version of the plugin?? v1.0??
    I just tried it. It works much better indeed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

The plug-in work great thx.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 6.06

When I try to send files it says
    unknown subcommand "config": must be SetWidth, or configure
    while executing
    "$data(sbar) config -command [list $data(canvas) xview]"
    (procedure "IconList_Create" line 10)
    invoked from within
    "IconList_Create $w"
    (procedure "::tk::IconList" line 3)
    invoked from within
    "::tk::IconList $w.icons -command $iconListCommand -multiple $data(-multiple)"
    (procedure "::tk::dialog::file::Create" line 51)
    invoked from within
    "::tk::dialog::file::Create $w TkFDialog"
    (procedure "::tk::dialog::file::" line 17)
    invoked from within
    "::tk::dialog::file:: open -filetypes {{ "All Files" {*} }} -parent .msg_0 -initialdir /home/vahur -initialfile {} -title {Send File}"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    "eval ::tk::dialog::file:: open $args"
    (procedure "tk_getOpenFile" line 5)
    invoked from within
    "tk_getOpenFile -filetypes $types -parent $parent -initialdir $starting_dir -initialfile $initialfile -title $title"
    (procedure "chooseFileDialog" line 17)
    invoked from within
    "chooseFileDialog "" [trans sendfile] $win_name"
    (procedure "::amsn::FileTransferSend" line 10)
    invoked from within
    "::amsn::FileTransferSend .msg_0"
    (command bound to event)

and how can I make amsn play sounds when i receive message the sound server is artsplay $sound

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast