Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu 6.06.1 LTS released (also for Kubuntu Xubuntu Edubuntu) !

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Ubuntu 6.06.1 LTS released (also for Kubuntu Xubuntu Edubuntu) !

From http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=233444 :

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Watson
    The Ubuntu team is proud to announce the release of Ubuntu 6.06.1 LTS, the first maintenance release of “Dapper Drake”. This release includes both installable Desktop CDs and alternate text-mode installation CDs for several architectures, for Ubuntu, Kubuntu and Edubuntu. Xubuntu is also included, although commercial support for it is not available from Canonical Ltd.
    This is great news! It also saves you a lot of time upgrading on a new installation (especially if you are on a slow internet connection).

I blogged about this here :
    http://ubuntudemon.wordpress.com/200...untu-edubuntu/
    Last edited by ubuntu_demon; August 10th, 2006 at 02:07 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Ubuntu 6.06.1 LTS released (also for Kubuntu Xubuntu Edubuntu) !

I'm so happy I didn't have time to install Dapper on my desktop computer yesterday

Beans

The release cause quite a stir, specially since there was no official press release yet from Ubuntu. Some thought they need to dist-upgrade or reinstall to get 6.06.1.

Here's the (probably draft) announcement for the Point Release: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DapperPointOneAnnouncement

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

At the Ubuntu Developers Summit there was a BOF scheduled for the planning of the Point Release.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BOF :
    * Birds of a Feather: This idiom is a shortening of the proverb "birds of a feather flock together", meaning that people (birds) of the same kind or interest (of a common feather) enjoy spending time (flocking) together. This proverb is believed to date back as far as Greek and Roman times, but has become commonly used as jargon by various groups since the nineteenth century.

* The acronym is used by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) to denote initial meetings of members interested in a particular issue. The term is also used by computer science professionals at gatherings such as industry conferences to describe a meeting in which a topic of specific interest is discussed. Such meetings are referred to as Birds-of-a-Feather Meetings, or simply as BoFs.
    When I read on ubuntu-devel (mailinglist) that the Point Release was coming soon I wrote about it here :

http://ubuntudemon.wordpress.com/200...s-coming-soon/

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.10 Edgy

how do i upgrade. I know that on the kubuntu page they sayas that I just have to make sure that I update from dapper-updates is that a differete repo?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by tikal26 View Post
    how do i upgrade. I know that on the kubuntu page they sayas that I just have to make sure that I update from dapper-updates is that a differete repo?
    If you kept your system up-to-date then you already have Ubuntu 6.06.1 LTS.

Ubuntu 6.06.1 LTS has all the updates you have (and they have also fixed some bugs of the Desktop installer)

Beans

If you press Control+Alternate+F1 (Control+Alternate+F7 to get back), you can see if you have 6.06.1 LTS already. You should, as it is just Dapper+updates.
    A Fedora user

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

woot woot!

Initial 6.06 live cd didn't boot on my main system. I will download this one probably on the weekend and give it a test run.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Unhappy Re: Ubuntu 6.06.1 LTS released (also for Kubuntu Xubuntu Edubuntu) !

Okay, serious noob question here. I ran Update Manager and it says that my system is up to date. However, when I go the <ctrl, alt F1> page it still says 6.06 LTS not the 6.06.1 LTS that I was expecting. Any ideas why? I mean I'm feeling sort of left out here...

Thanks for your help.

Doug

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Someone in another thread suggested running this command:
    lsb_release -a

to see what version you have.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast