View Poll Results: How many posters would you buy? (Max prices - shipping included)

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • I only want one poster for my bedroom. I'll be happy to pay $3 for it.

64 53.33%
  • I want to buy 2-4 posters, and pay up to $3-$6 respectively.

36 30.00%
  • I'd like 5-9 posters, and would pay up to $7-$10 for the lot

10 8.33%
  • I can use 10-19 posters, and can pay up to $11-$16

3 2.50%
  • I will buy 20 or more, and will pay $17 (or more, depending on number) for them.

7 5.83%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much would you give for an Ubuntu Poster?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Question How much would you give for an Ubuntu Poster?

EDIT: For more info on how ordering works, and what's done with the money: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=296758
    EDIT: For hi-res images to print out yourself, see the above thread as well.

Hello Ubuntu Community
    It's me once again. Some of you might have been aware of me shipping stickers recently. I'm all out of those, but if there's demand, I'll make another batch. For the stickers, see: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=248540

Now, the point of the stickers was to find out if it is possible to create DIY Marketing Material and ship it like this without a financial loss, and if it comes out cheaper than ordering from companies that do the same. And...

... SUCCESS.

I'm asking the art team for help on the posters now, but I would like to know how much most of you would be willing to pay for a poster, so I can find out if I can get a printer to print for the price. Also, if any of you are absolutely sure you want to buy a few as soon as they're ready, you can pre-order from me by email.
    As of now, I know packaging will be about $0.8 USD for 1-15 posters, which isn't much. Shipping should be about $2 worldwide (will check more precisely).

Any ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Once some artwork is done, it should be available here: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthre...87#post1449487
    Feel free to use it for content suggestions, or your own versions thereof.
    Last edited by Jenda; November 12th, 2006 at 09:32 AM.
    This message was brought to you by dvorak!
    Visit us on IRC as well: #ubuntuforums on irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: How much would you give for an Ubuntu Poster?

I would definitely buy a bunch. My "second (not yet profitable but we're working on it) job" is installing and supporting Ubuntu desktops here in Minneapolis, and they'd be really neat to hand out to customers.
    "We reject kings, presidents and voting. We believe in rough consensus and running code." -Dave Clark, IETF

Howto: Enable Restricted Media Formats - Add Extra Repositories Auto-Magicallly! - RTFM (pages) - Help Thyself!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

bump
    I'd really like to get this going.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

If there was a store near me selling Ubuntu posters, I'd have one already. But ordering over the net always seems a bit tedious and unsafe. How are you planning to take care of payment?
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

How? Well, I send by mail, you send by paypal. Either you decide to trust me, and pay in advance/before you recieve the shipment, or you are unsure, so I have to send in advance and wait for it to reach you and then you send by paypal. A person with over X posts on this forum or X karma in launchpad.net would seem trustworthy enough to trust with a shipment. I haven't had a problem so far - I wouldn't expect a person who is active in the community to cheat me, as it would seriously harm their reputation.

Beans
    Distro

Don't get me wrong, the trust issue wasn't directed at you. More at internet ordering in general and possible database breach issues at ex. PayPal.
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I would totally support such an action!

I have already started evangilizing my corner of the midwest!

I want to see this keep growing... just like firefox did!

Where do I send a check to? Paypal? How much for how much?

Is there anything I could do to help with dispersal... I have a webserver / domain that I no longer use.

This is a great idea... and I think that the community should pick this up and run with it
    Last edited by Brendt2; September 3rd, 2006 at 04:42 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Would it be possible to just directly wire the money to your account? I would much rather do this.
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by daou View Post
    Don't get me wrong, the trust issue wasn't directed at you. More at internet ordering in general and possible database breach issues at ex. PayPal.
    Oh don't worry, I didn't take it as such I have only the best experience with paypal, really. And even your pocket isn't 100% safe ツ
    (says he, who had his wallet stolen twice already )

Quote Originally Posted by Brendt2 View Post
    Where do I send a check to? Paypal? How much for how much?

Is there anything I could do to help with dispersal... I have a webserver / domain that I no longer use.

This is a great idea... and I think that the community should pick this up and run with it
    You can preorder posters from me by email. You can even pre-pay, if you insist, it will help with funding the print itself, but I have no idea how much the posters will cost just yet - I'll write to the printer soon.

I will soon have a website up and I have a person to host it too, so I won't need help there, but thanks I will turn to the forum community if I need anything .

And you know what would be a great help now? Put a link to this thread in your signature here on the forum with a discription ツ It might draw some attention. I need feedback now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I'd buy or get someone to buy for me, at 10$ + shipping, good price, imho.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast