Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu Commercial - skills inventory

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Ubuntu Commercial - skills inventory

What expertise/skils do we have ? Who wants to really join this ?

Please post :
    -your skill(s) (commercial/marketing/legal/creative)
    -some info about your background/experience with your skil(s)

My suggestion :

core team :
    1 leader with marketing skills and/or legal skills and/or background in commercials
    1 or 2 guys with background in commercials
    1 or 2 guys with legal skills
    1 or 2 guys with marketing skills

creative team :
    as many creative guys as we can get who want to put time in it
    They create the commercials and flyers.

ideas team :
    Everyone who has an idea. Don't need to sign up for this.

If there aren't much people signing up anymore AND we have enough people then I'll create a thread so all ubuntuforum members interested in this project can vote for a leader.

After that the leader can pick his core team. He should put as many creative guys who want to spend time on this in the creative team as he can get.

After that I'll ask for a project subforum. I'll move all the commercial threads into it.

After that we need a website.

I'll keep following this project and I'll try to help you out with ideas. Also I will be moderating the project subforum.

This thread is not for ideas and discussion. Use this thread for it :
    http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=41771

edit :
    This project is not active. IMHO it's best (most productive) to cooperate with the marketing efforts on the wiki.
    If you want to help with marketing Ubuntu please cooperate with these efforts :
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarketingTeam
    Last edited by ubuntu_demon; March 26th, 2007 at 04:56 PM.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu Commercial - skills inventory

One creative guy here.

I'm pretty good with images and also with websites. Guess the image part can be useful here. Plus, I'm full of ideas for everything most of the time.

Background, half of my highschool education consiseted of multimedia/web design/java/etc (the other half was group dynamics/project management/psyhology/etc).

Willing to spend time, well if i have any, I'll know within 2-3 weeks how my schedule will be for the fall.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Yeah ideas here, nothing much more really, im waiting for my uni application coming through and teaching myself C.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Sure, I wouldn't mind throwing in my 2 cents. Also, I have been learning inkscape if that is at all applicable.

Beans

I'll join up if you want me....I work for myself, so I know a bit about selling & leadership. Not trying to say I'd be the best leader for the team, just that it's part of my day to day job.....
    I also have a few ideas that might help this thing out, and I'm not afraid to listen to other ideas.
    IMHO a leader needs good people around him, to work with him, not for him.
    Also, being self emploied, I don't really have to answer to anyone, just make sure whoever is paying me is happy. So I could come up with the time to work on the project.
    I don't know how to script, but I think I might be able to help out on story boards & ideas.
    C:\WINDOWS\RUN
    C:\WINDOWS\CRASH
    C:\ME\FDISK
    /usr/src/linux

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does....

Beans

My skills:
    • Flash
    • Maya
    • ASP

I am an entrepreneur, whose business no longer coincides with this style work. (Recent LARGE change in life). This has provided me with the opportunity to work in a field that requires alot of aggressive marketing and legal skills. If you were wondering, I recently started a WISP (Testing deployment is currently using Ubuntu and NetBSD ) Any questions regarding the legal aspects of this project can be answered by my lawyer who I speak with a few times a week.

Regarding my DCC skills: I am a freelance, self-tought artist... I've done alot of work for Weblix. I do ALOT of work with dynamic flash projects as well as ASP (Recently ASP.NET). If you would like some samples of my web work and the like, I would gladly post a portfolio.
    Last edited by plasmatonic; August 6th, 2005 at 08:59 PM.

Beans

hummmmmm, sounds to me like "plasmatonic" would make a good addition to the team....possable team leader.
    plasmatonic, I would like to see some of your work.

*edit*
    I do have Maya, but have never messed with it.
    anyone know if brice will work with Gimp? If so, how do I install it to linux?
    Last edited by obx-jdt; August 7th, 2005 at 06:04 AM.
    C:\WINDOWS\RUN
    C:\WINDOWS\CRASH
    C:\ME\FDISK
    /usr/src/linux

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

K i can do some creative stuff in my spare time now, i have a mac and iMovie so i could mix something together.

Do we have an official idea? Or should i post mine?

Beans

Exactly what is the premise behind this commercial? An increase in Linux awareness? an increase in Ubuntu "sales?" Promotion of the benefits of FOSS (Don't you dare try to use the phrase "free software" because a 30 second commercial is way too short to try and explain that you don't really mean "free software as in beer in the library" or whatever). Incidentally, that's funny.

I've got some marketing background and about 6 years in the IT industry at a professional level. And from the threads it sounds like you guys have no plan. I was gonna start typing here (actually did before I saw the message at the top saying this thread isn't for ideas) but instead I put it here: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthre...412#post335412
    Last edited by npaladin2000; September 6th, 2005 at 02:45 AM.
    Bryan Pizzuti
    MySpace Blog

----------------------------------------------------------
    The hardest freedom to acknowledge is the other guy's freedom to disagree with you

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Your right as far as i can see we have no plan, lets decide upon a plan and the start organizing people into the different aspects.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast