Page 1 of 124 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: ALSA Upgrade Script

Beans

ALSA Upgrade Script

Latest post update 02/07/2011

I obviously no longer support my Alsa upgrade scripts. That's why
    I've taken them and the description out.

Cheers
    SC
    Last edited by soundcheck; February 7th, 2011 at 01:09 PM.

Beans

Talking Re: ALSA Upgrade Script

great job. I had been looking and thinking about compiling a script to get this done for a while, but never came around. Im glad you finally did, its mid stream right now, but I've been following it closely and it looks like it will be flawless. great job! thanks!

Beans

Talking Re: ALSA Upgrade Script

Many thanks for this.

Now I can finally suspend my PC without losing the sound from my audigy value card (using the CA0106 driver). After only 3 and a half years of waiting!

Much gratitude to all the alsa devs as well.

Beans

Re: ALSA Upgrade Script

I've just started learning about Ubuntu and I can't believe how much I'm picking up just by trying to get a stable install.

First, my ATI card wouldn't work by enabling the proprietary drivers through the gui, so I pretty much had to learn how to install the ATI drivers manually. Now that the display drivers are pretty stable, I have no sound through my HDMI port on my video card. That lead me to this thread.

Thanks for making it easy for us noobs...I will try to upgrade to 1.0.19 to see if that fixes the problem.

I have a feeling I'm going to frequent these forums in the next couple days, so I do appreciate posts like this.

Beans

I can't compile ALSA 1.0.19 on my system. The error message is similar to http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=962695 daximus #39 and clarkey45 #34 reply. I'm using kernel 2.6.28 on intrepid on a powerpc (ps3) system. The same problem existed in kernel 2.6.24 and was fixed in ALSA but maybe only for i386 and not for powerpc? Any background / ideas how to fix this?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by emuman View Post
    I can't compile ALSA 1.0.19 on my system. The error message is similar to http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=962695 daximus #39 and clarkey45 #34 reply. I'm using kernel 2.6.28 on intrepid on a powerpc (ps3) system. The same problem existed in kernel 2.6.24 and was fixed in ALSA but maybe only for i386 and not for powerpc? Any background / ideas how to fix this?
    Of course. I do have an idea: Prepare a proper log, using alsa-info.sh and drop a trouble-ticket to alsa-dev mailing list!

Cheers

Beans

Wink Re: ALSA Upgrade Script

thanx for the script

worked perfect on my ACER 7720G/ Ubuntu 8.10

solved my problem with the internal mic. now i can sound record, use skype etc

greetings from greece

giorgos
    Last edited by gkak; January 22nd, 2009 at 05:20 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Thanks a lot!! I can make sound work now. Still I have a problem playing sound though my laptop speakers. I can only hear it from the headphones jack

Beans

Macbook Air 2.1
    Alsa 1.0.19
    No audio from internal speaker, only audio from headphones.
    Attached output from alsa-info.sh and uxchecker.sh -a

R.
    uxchecker.log.tar

alsa-info.tar

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Thank you. I got a 0404 USB2.0 and before with .15/.16 alsa I had pops and scratches on audio. New alsa seems to fix those issues atleast

Now all I miss is working SPDIF (iec958) + ac3/dts passthrough on this card. I'm still rather clueless how to get this to work

Page 1 of 124 1231151101 ... LastLast