Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: WPA on Ubuntu 5.10 (Breezy Badger)

Beans

Re: HOWTO: WPA on Ubuntu 5.10 (Breezy Badger)

I'd like to thank you for this HOW TO, it really got me setup.

I now run my IBM Thinkpad T40 between school (using a 128-bit WEP encryption scheme) and home (using WPA-PSK) seamlessly. As soon as I start Ubuntu, it determines which network is available and connects, it's actually even easier than my setup in Windows!

Thank you very much!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by scottylans
    Hi guys!

I just made this post here
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=620

Not knowing this thread exists.

Sorry to hassle you all - but I'm wondering if someone out there has the time and patience to re-write the 5.04 / 5.10 2 HOW-TO's into a single simple one.

Bear in mind, when I used to setup ipw2200 I used to just fresh install Ubuntu on my laptop from scratch, follow the guide and it worked

Anyone care to comment? - sorry to be demanding, you can always say no! it's just a suggestion so people don't need to read a 60 page thread plus another 8

Sorry to hassle chaps, but any comments?

Beans

Anyone at all? Think we should have a nice straightforward 5.10 howto? from install - > running? including WPA?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, connections dialog says I'm sending and recieveing packets. But the browser is not getting on. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Thanks a lot for this HOWTO! It worked like a charm on my system (Acer Aspire 2012WLMi notebook with Intel Centrino 2200BG adapter, Linksys WRT54G router).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

I did not find this how to first and tried the old one for Horay, so can someone tell me a way to "wipe clean" anything relevant from my failed attempts before? So that I can start over with this how to, or does it matter? can i just start this how to from beginning and it will 'replace' stuff i did before??

Nobody's Home

Beans

YES! for goodness sake we need current code as well...I know Dapper is close, but lots of us need the best WPA support possible under 5.10 NOW. We also deserve a decent howto that works. Ihave been ranting about this for a month. How are we supposed to convince people they are safe in Ubuntu if we don't fix things that are this basic - and I mean a fix that does not include hacking the latest non-release code!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

are you saying yes to me, there is a way, or yes as in concurring with my statement???? im still lost...

Nobody's Home

Beans

I do not know which driver option i should use (ndis, wext..) because i use rt2500. Can anyone help me out??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by PvSinNL
    Thanks a lot for this HOWTO! It worked like a charm on my system (Acer Aspire 2012WLMi notebook with Intel Centrino 2200BG adapter, Linksys WRT54G router).
    Same here with a paradigit 9154 laptop and Centrino 2200BG! (Thomson speedtouch modem/router)

Thanks for the howto!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast