Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Enable your Wacom Intous/Graphire Tablet with Pressure Sensitivity

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: HOWTO: Enable your Wacom Intous/Graphire Tablet with Pressure Sensitivity

Quote Originally Posted by prokoudine View Post
    graigsmith

Thank you, but that doesn't help
    start the gimp
    >
    file->preferences->input devices
    >
    config extended input devices
    >device = stylus
    >mode = screen

same thing for the eraser

restart the gimp end post result.

Beans

TuxCrafter

I do know what to do in GIMP It's just doesn't list stylus/eraser/cursor in the combobox, only synaptics touchpad - that's what I'm talking about

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by prokoudine View Post
    TuxCrafter

I do know what to do in GIMP It's just doesn't list stylus/eraser/cursor in the combobox, only synaptics touchpad - that's what I'm talking about
    ow sorry, i just wanted to help. maybe you can reconfigure your xserver and try to do setup your wacom tablet again maybe it will work then. be sure to backup your xorg file bevore executing the reconfig.

Code:
    cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.backup
    dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

Beans

Hi to everybody, my first post here and I wanted to thank all of you for helping me make my Wacom Graphire 2 work in Ubuntu Breezy. It took almost 3 days, but at the end, man won over machine... Thanks in particular to MetalMusicAddict and Loïc2 for their well-made guides.
    I also wanted to point out my own solution for the Gimp problem (cursor not being released from window), which was reported by sutech some time ago. I will start saying that my xorg.conf has two copies of each device (stylus, eraser and cursor), one for making the tablet act as a pressure device and one to look like a simple mouse. I found this hint on another guide some time ago, but I don't think it has much to do with the Gimp trick.
    The main point is the SendCoreEvents statement at the end of xorg.conf. If you assign it to your devices (again: stylus, eraser and cursor), the tablet behaves correctly in the Gimp except that, once you started drawing, you can't release the cursor from its window unless you press the Windows key (right of AltGr) on your keyboard. If you don't add the SendCoreEvents, everything is fine apart from a progressive cursor offset, which is more noticeable if you move away from the center (it is as if you were in Windowed mode instead than in Screen, but no window boundaries in xorg.conf have helped me).
    After tinkering with xorg.conf, I found a solution which worked well for me: I removed the CorePointer statement from my PS/2 mouse, and left the SendCoreEvents to the Wacom tablet. I believe the Core events were clashing between mouse and tablet... anyway, everything is working perfectly since then.

I don't know if this applies to Dapper Drake and I will probably never know, as this release seems to be plagued with too many bugs and I really don't want to upgrade just to have to do everything again.

Cheers,

hirumono

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06

Hi all,

Thanks to the quides at the start of this thread I got my Graphire4 running, pressure sensing and all. Great! But I ran into a problem after that: the two buttons and scrollwheel at the top of the tablet won't work. I tried googling around for this, but didn't find anything useful. Did any of you get their buttons/scollwheel working?

grtz,
    Sambalbai

Beans

Re: setting up the buttons on the pen

Quote Originally Posted by flaimo View Post
    bump.

can't believe that nobody has changed their buttons on the pen …
    I disable mine, actually. I always click them on accident when I'm drawing.

Beans
    Distro

You have to take a look at the linux wacom site. and the tool xinput and the driver options. I have a wacom 3.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMusicAddict View Post
    THE HOWTO ITSELF!!! - Shorted
    Well, MetalMusicAddict...

Could I maybe talk you into creating a wiki-page?

I have made a collection of tablet-setup-howto's here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TabletSetup

The TabletSetupWacom is dedicated to the wacom-driver.

But you should probably look into the Wizardpen-driver-wiki, and use UDEV to find the tablet!

Asking people to search through all event* is not that great!

(Simply copy the "Setting up udev"-section!)

One thing, though: Does your setup enable X to start without the tablet connected?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Is a serial tablet always connected to /dev/ttyS0 ???

Your guide doesn't tell anything about how to find the right tty!

My wiki-page lacks this too!

Beans

I got a Toshiba Tecra M7 tablet PC and the pen is actually working, thanks to this howto. Thanks!

But I also want the button on my pen to do something. I would like it to work as a right mouse button. Now it just doesn't have any real function.

Any idea how I can activate it? Thanks in advance!

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast