Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW-TO iPod with (Ubuntu) Linux

Beans

Re: HOW-TO iPod with (Ubuntu) Linux

OK, after some searching I found out: it seems that some USB controllers don't work properly with the ehci_hcd module loaded. This is a bug that should get fixed in the future.

For now, what you can do is:
    a) sudo modprobe -r ehci_hcd every time you have restarted
    b) add "blacklist ehci_hcd" to the /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist file

Option b makes sure the ehci_hcd module is unloaded every time you reboot. This should help until the problem is fixed.

I'll add this to the Floola Quick Guide too!

Bye!
    Visit my website ruudbeukema.nl for linux howto's... (and other things)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

I have a problem. I used to be able to sync my ipod using gtkpod and amarok but amarok installed an update and then amarok decided that it couldn't see my ipod. I did something (can't remember what as it was a month ago and I went on holiday!) but it was to try and get amarok to see the ipod. Now when I connect my ipod it's screen tells me "do not disconnect" so I know that it's connected ok and it charges, but the ipod doesn't appear on the desktop like it used to. Any ideas?

I have an external hard drive which mounts ok, but my SD card reader no longer mounts either.

Thanks

Beans

Have you perhaps also updated your kernel? Try an older kernel and see if it works with that one. It doesn't directly seem to be an Amarok problem...

If it works using an older kernel, try the latest kernel again and type Deldredge's suggestion in your terminal:
    Code:
    sudp modprobe -r ehci_hcd
    Visit my website ruudbeukema.nl for linux howto's... (and other things)

Beans

New version of gtkpod 0.99.8 has been released:

http://www.gtkpod.org/news.html

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

I tried installing the new gtkpod from source but when I try and run it in terminal I get:

gtkpod: symbol lookup error: gtkpod: undefined symbol: itdb_device_set_mountpoint

Anybody else have the same problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by sannong View Post
    I tried installing the new gtkpod from source but when I try and run it in terminal I get:

gtkpod: symbol lookup error: gtkpod: undefined symbol: itdb_device_set_mountpoint

Woops! Same problem here.

I really look forward to this release, since it seems that artwork support has been improved (I haven't been able to include cover artwork on my 1st gen iPod Nano yet).
    100+ posts and all I got was this lousy signature.

Floola a13 is out!

A performance problem under linux was fixed, so now it should be way faster than before.
    iTunes 7 compatibility added (was a problem with iPod videos only)

Enjoy,
    Tomas

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by sannong View Post

I found a solution in the gtkpod mailing list. To fix this, first add the following line to /etc/ld.so.conf (or create that file, if doesn't exist already):

Code:
    /usr/local/lib
    Then run:

Code:
    sudo ldconfig
    And that's it. Gtkpod now runs ok on my computer, and writes album artwork to the iPod .
    100+ posts and all I got was this lousy signature.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I recently updated my kernel, which prompted me to hook my iPod up to my windows machine to get the iTunes DB so banshee would be able to write to it again. before i did that, i updated iTunes, and my iPod to versions 7(iTunes) and 1.2(nano) respectively ... i get it mounted on Ubuntu, but banshee seems to have forgotten to load the iPod. iTunes works really well with it, however, banshee is still amnesiatic. it was working fine before i updated all of these things. does anyone know why the update to my ipod makes it invisible to my sinching program?
    Last edited by Compwiz; September 29th, 2006 at 02:47 AM. Reason: update
    Registered Linux user #379290

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

my 4g ipod will transfer files, but if it's a pretty big transfer, it will error and not allow any more changes. also, the songs it transferred before it went crazy, disappear (orphaned). i've tried floola, amarok, and gtkpod. they all do the same thing. please help!

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast