Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World of Warcraft (wow)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

World of Warcraft (wow)

I installed Wine 0.93 under the 2.6.14 ck 7 vanilla kernel. When I play World of Warcraft, everything is working. Yet, I do not get mouse support to the degree I can't click on npcs/pc's. I was wondering if there is a fix to this. I have already saw this in the forums, but I spent so long searching for it and couldn't find it. So any help or direction on where to find the answer would be helpful.

Also, I seen a multi stream how to or something on letting me use both xmms/ and another application that used sound on the board. Can't find that either, so help on that would be greatful as well.

Beans
    Distro
    Edgy Eft Testing

Re: World of Warcraft (wow)

For the mouse issue, you need to run
    Code:
    export WINEPRELOADER_SETVALEGACY="no"
    from a terminal then from the same terminal run WoW with Wine.

Leech
    Wah! Wah! Life was more entertaining when I had 64KB of RAM in my computer.
    Neverwinter Nights Platinum HowTo

Beans

Is there a specific directory that has to run from? I typed the command, and then immediately ran wine / wow from the command line, but I still can't click on NPCs.

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

I tried the export bit, and that didn't work. I uninstalled wine, and winetools, and followed the wine wiki, and i keep getting error while loading shared libraries: libwine.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory. So I'm not really sure whats going on, besides that while doing the install of wine from the source, didn't install the required libraries, and I don't know where ubuntu put there library files.

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Awesomeness, that linked helped me realize to create my own ld.so.conf file...wasn't sure if Ubuntu used it or not. Just had to add a few missing libraries it wasn't finding. Thanks for the help.

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

Tell me if WoW runs for you, because i can get it running but i get missing textures and stuff, probably ATI's fault... :/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

I got it running perfectly fine, but w/ the mouse pointing problem. I have an nvidia fx5200, so that could be a problem if you have an ATI. Try running the game w/ wine WoW.exe -opengl. that fixed a lot of **** right off the bat.

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

Quote Originally Posted by sarelphix
    I got it running perfectly fine, but w/ the mouse pointing problem. I have an nvidia fx5200, so that could be a problem if you have an ATI. Try running the game w/ wine WoW.exe -opengl. that fixed a lot of **** right off the bat.
    I can only run it with the --opengl option :/ otherwise it will crash. Ive found some other posts here regarding how ATI drivers sucks and games with the same problem i have (guild wars).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast