Quote Originally Posted by Miguel
So Canonical is guilty for, let's say, George W. Bush choosing freely to download Ubuntu?

Following that logic, if I see a jewelry showcasing an enormous diamond and I steal it... the jewelry is guilty because it was showcasing the diamond!!! I know why I chose physics over law. I have a simple mind.
I know, it sounds silly. But this is what happened to Dimitri Sklyarov a couple of years back.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dmitri_Sklyarov

He created a program to decode Adobe Ebooks (he wrote this for his employer, Elcomsoft). The main goal was to open the format for multiple uses, including screenreading them to blind people.

None of this was illegal in Russia (where he and the company resided), nor would it be illegal in most surrounding countries.

When Sklyarov travelled to the US to speak at a conference, he was taken down by *armed* officers in an uneeded show of force and arrested under the terms of the DMCA.

It took a lot of effort on the end of the international community and several organisations like the EFF to get him released (protest based on the fact that he had not commit any crime on US ground and his acts were completely legal in his own country).

He was held in the US for several months before being released.

So, to answer your question: Yes