Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Chromium OS compiled - VMWare image made

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Chromium OS compiled - VMWare image made and available for download

Decided to have a go at compiling chromiumOS. It's pretty basic, but that's the philosophy behind it. I converted it to a .vmdk and booted it using VirtualBox. I've attached some screenshots for everyone to see.

You have to log in with your gmail account, which foxed me for a few seconds. Didn't time the boot - will do that now. I can upload the vmware disk to rapidshare if there's demand and if I research how to split things across multiple archives. (I can't torrent it before anyone asks).

Download the vmdk:
    I've 7zipped ide.vmdk and as a result it's much, much smaller. Unfortunately I've still had to split it across two archives, but that's still better than four! I'd recommend you use these.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/310240546/ide.vmdk.7z.001
    http://rapidshare.com/files/310241525/ide.vmdk.7z.002
    ~245MB total.

Old links in case anyone still needs them.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/309484345/chromiumOS-1.tar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/309485808/chromiumOS-2.tar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/309487192/chromiumOS-3.tar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/309488963/chromiumOS-4.tar
    ~720MB total.

Other sources:
    I can't personally vouch for any of these - they aren't images that I have personally built.
    Torrent at the pirate bay - much smaller than mine - it's been bziped to 280MB (I wish rapidshare would allow larger uploads!)
    Direct download from gdgt - registration (free) required.
    Both sources via this techcrunch article, found by themusicalduck.

Instructions
    You'll need to extract the vmdk first. Here's what you'll see, with what you need to type in bold:
    Code:
    :~$ tar -x -M --file=chromiumOS-1.tar ide.vmdk
    Prepare volume #2 for `chromiumOS.tar' and hit return: n chromiumOS-2.tar
    Prepare volume #3 for `chromiumOS-2.tar' and hit return: n chromiumOS-3.tar
    Prepare volume #4 for `chromiumOS-3.tar' and hit return: n chromiumOS-4.tar

Timings

I make it about 11 seconds from boot to log-in screen.
    Then about 16 from log-in to a fully loaded gmail, which is the default state. I can confirm that it remembers which tabs were open and which one you were viewing between reboot cycles.
    ~4 seconds to shut down. There isn't actually a shut-down button (unless I'm being dense), so I did this via vb's "send shutdown signal" command.
    Remember that this is all in a virtual machine, on under-powered hardware and on rotating media. I wasn't expecting 7 second boots!

Browser Tidbits
    Here's the user agent string:
    Code:
    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; CrOS i686 9.10.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.0.253.0 Safari/532.5
    It scores 100/100 in acid3, but with that pink "X" in the top right-hand corner. Flash seems to be working. I've only tested youtube - it was jerky (probably just virtual machine) and I didn't test sound, but video appeared to be working at ~3fps.

Mouse and Keyboard
    The keyboard defaults to en-US. There are touchpad sensitivity sliders if you click the clock and then "Open time and date options". This is where all the other options are kept for the time being as well. There is quite a cool pointer icon when hovering over links. There are multiple keyboard shortcuts. A schematic of them can be obtained by pressing F8. See #39 for shots.

Do-it-yourself

The guys working on this at Google have some brilliant documentation to go along with it. It was really, really easy to follow their instructions. Everything worked fine on an up-to-date karmic install.
    Here's the page that'll get you started building: http://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/...ng-chromium-os
    Here are the prerequisites: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/wi...sPrerequisites - but they have a neat script to grab all the dependencies for you.
    Here are the actual build instructions, including guidance on how to turn your image into a vmdk, put it on a USB stick, and convert your hard-drive over to chromeOS!
    http://sites.google.com/a/chromium.o...d-instructions

We have root
    In hindsight, I probably should have tried this earlier. Take a look at the dev FAQ: http://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/...-Shortcut-Keys
    Those shortcut keys are a gold-mine! Ctrl + alt + T will open you up a terminal in a new window. Haven't really tried much yet. Sudo works though - the password for my build is chromium05. We've also got alt-tabbing through windows. Screenshots for proof in a new post - darn the 5 attachment limit!

System information
    Most of this section is now in post #3.
    As expected the root file system is read-only. Because /var/lib/dpkg/lock exists apt-get won't install any packages. However, because we have super-user privileges, we can simply remount the root filesystem to be writable.
    Code:
    sudo mount -o remount,rw /
    Now we can do pretty much whatever we want!

Making a USB image
    Some people have requested the mbr.image and/or the rootfs.image, so that they can make a USB image.
    Here is the mbr.image:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/310321805/mbr.image
    It's 512 bytes. md5: 69f612ef469475f8c4a086d1ae21bca0

and here's the build folder (hence the odd name) 7zipped up:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/31032684...3733-a1.7z.001
    http://rapidshare.com/files/31032759...3733-a1.7z.002
    ~245MB total.

If you've got the scripts that google has provided, then I think it should be a simple matter of running image_to_usb.sh - but I haven't tried this myself.
    Last edited by jmmL; November 22nd, 2009 at 12:18 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Chromium OS compiled - VMWare image made

il seed it !, cant promise il always be on but il be happy to seed along with #! and karmic, and give back!
    What arrests my attention...
    is the fact, that this space is inhabited.

Beans
    Distro

I've reached my attachment limit on the first post. Here's a shot of the memory manager (pretty much like chromium-browser I think). This guest is running with 768MB of RAM and 128MB video memory. The host is a laptop - T5450 1.6GHz (no Intel VT-x), 2GB RAM, rotating media and a nVidia 8600M 512MB. The vmdk is about 720MB.

I removed this bit from the first post; it was cluttering things up.
    System information
    Here's the output of dpkg -l
    Code:
    Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
    | Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
    |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
    ||/ Name                                      Version                                 Description
    +++-=========================================-=======================================-============================================
    ii  acpid                                     1.0.6-9ubuntu5                          Utilities for using ACPI power management
    ii  adduser                                   3.110ubuntu6                            add and remove users and groups
    ii  alsa-base                                 1.0.20+dfsg-1ubuntu4                    ALSA driver configuration files
    ii  alsa-utils                                1.0.20-2ubuntu1                         ALSA utilities
    ii  apt                                       0.7.21ubuntu1                           Advanced front-end for dpkg
    ii  apt-utils                                 0.7.21ubuntu1                           APT utility programs
    ii  aptitude                                  0.4.11.11-1ubuntu4                      terminal-based package manager
    ii  base-files                                5.0.0ubuntu6                            Debian base system miscellaneous files
    ii  base-passwd                               3.5.21                                  Debian base system master password and group
    ii  bash                                      3.2-5ubuntu2                            The GNU Bourne Again SHell
    ii  bootchart                                 0.90.1-3                                boot sequence auditing
    ii  bootchart-java                            0.10~svn407-3ubuntu1                    Boot process performance analyser (visualisa
    ii  bsdutils                                  1:2.16-1ubuntu1                         Basic utilities from 4.4BSD-Lite
    ii  busybox-initramfs                         1:1.13.3-1ubuntu5                       Standalone shell setup for initramfs
    ii  bzip2                                     1.0.5-3                                 high-quality block-sorting file compressor -
    ii  ca-certificates                           20090701                                Common CA certificates
    ii  ca-certificates-java                      20090629                                Common CA certificates (JKS keystore)
    ii  chromeos-assets                           0.3                                     Chrome OS platform assets
    ii  chromeos-chrome                           0.1                                     chromeos chrome
    ii  chromeos-connman                          0.3                                     connman
    ii  chromeos-cryptohome                       0.1                                     Helper scripts which smooth the integration 
    ii  chromeos-init                             0.3                                     Chrome OS init scripts
    ii  chromeos-installer                        0.1                                     Chrome OS installer
    ii  chromeos-libcros                          0.1                                     Chrome OS plug-in library for Chrome
    ii  chromeos-login                            0.4                                     Chrome OS login manager
    ii  chromeos-monitor-reconfig                 0.1                                     Small module that will reconfigure an extern
    ii  chromeos-pam-google                       0.10                                    Linux-PAM module to authenticate against Goo
    ii  chromeos-ply-image                        0.1                                     Chrome OS boot splash image loader.
    ii  chromeos-screenlocker                     1.0-1                                   Screen locker configuration for Chrome OS.  
    ii  chromeos-wm                               0.4                                     Chrome OS window manager
    ii  chromeos-wpasupplicant                    0.1                                     wpasupplicant
    ii  console-setup                             1.34ubuntu1                             console font and keymap setup program
    ii  console-terminus                          4.28-1                                  Fixed-width fonts for fast reading on the Li
    ii  consolekit                                0.3.1-0ubuntu1                          framework for defining and tracking users, s
    ii  coreutils                                 7.4-2                                   The GNU core utilities
    ii  cpio                                      2.10-1ubuntu1                           GNU cpio -- a program to manage archives of 
    ii  cpp                                       4:4.4.0-3ubuntu1                        The GNU C preprocessor (cpp)
    ii  cpp-4.4                                   4.4.1-1ubuntu3                          The GNU C preprocessor
    ii  dash                                      0.5.5.1-2ubuntu2                        POSIX-compliant shell
    ii  dbus                                      1.2.16-0ubuntu2                         simple interprocess messaging system
    ii  debconf                                   1.5.27ubuntu1                           Debian configuration management system
    ii  debconf-i18n                              1.5.27ubuntu1                           full internationalization support for debcon
    ii  debianutils                               2.30ubuntu3                             Miscellaneous utilities specific to Debian
    ii  default-jre-headless                      1.6-30ubuntu5                           Standard Java or Java compatible Runtime (he
    ii  defoma                                    0.11.10-0.2ubuntu1                      Debian Font Manager -- automatic font config
    ii  devicekit-disks                           006-0ubuntu4                            abstraction for enumerating block devices
    ii  devicekit-power                           010-0ubuntu1                            abstraction for power management
    ii  dhcp3-client                              3.1.2-1ubuntu5                          DHCP client
    ii  dhcp3-common                              3.1.2-1ubuntu5                          common files used by all the dhcp3* packages
    ii  diff                                      2.8.1-13                                File comparison utilities
    ii  dmidecode                                 2.9-1ubuntu1                            Dump Desktop Management Interface data
    ii  dmsetup                                   2:1.02.27-4ubuntu6                      The Linux Kernel Device Mapper userspace lib
    ii  dpkg                                      1.15.3.1ubuntu1                         Debian package management system
    ii  e2fslibs                                  1.41.8-1ubuntu2                         ext2/ext3/ext4 file system libraries
    ii  e2fsprogs                                 1.41.8-1ubuntu2                         ext2/ext3/ext4 file system utilities
    ii  e4fsprogs-git                             1.41.9-1chromeos1                       statically-linked version of the ext2/ext3/e
    ii  eject                                     2.1.5+deb1+cvs20081104-6                ejects CDs and operates CD-Changers under Li
    ii  file                                      5.03-1ubuntu1                           Determines file type using "magic" numbers
    ii  findutils                                 4.4.2-1                                 utilities for finding files--find, xargs
    ii  flashplugin-installer                     10.0.32.18ubuntu1                       Adobe Flash Player plugin installer
    ii  fontconfig                                2.6.0-1ubuntu12                         generic font configuration library - support
    ii  fontconfig-config                         2.6.0-1ubuntu12                         generic font configuration library - configu
    ii  gcc-4.4-base                              4.4.1-1ubuntu3                          The GNU Compiler Collection (base package)
    ii  gcj-4.4-base                              4.4.1-1ubuntu4                          The GNU Compiler Collection (gcj base packag
    ii  gcj-4.4-jre                               4.4.1-1ubuntu4                          Java runtime environment using GIJ/classpath
    ii  gcj-4.4-jre-headless                      4.4.1-1ubuntu4                          Java runtime environment using GIJ/classpath
    ii  gcj-4.4-jre-lib                           4.4.1-1ubuntu4                          Java runtime library for use with gcj (jar f
    ii  gcj-jre                                   4:4.4.0-3ubuntu1                        Java runtime environment using GIJ/classpath
    ii  gcj-jre-headless                          4:4.4.0-3ubuntu1                        Java runtime environment using GIJ/classpath
    ii  gconf2-common                             2.26.2-3ubuntu2                         GNOME configuration database system (common 
    ii  gnupg                                     1.4.9-4ubuntu5                          GNU privacy guard - a free PGP replacement
    ii  gpgv                                      1.4.9-4ubuntu5                          GNU privacy guard - signature verification t
    ii  grep                                      2.5.4-4                                 GNU grep, egrep and fgrep
    ii  gzip                                      1.3.12-8ubuntu1                         GNU compression utilities
    ii  hal                                       1.0                                     Fake hal package to satisfy dependencies.
    ii  hicolor-icon-theme                        0.10-2                                  default fallback theme for FreeDesktop.org i
    ii  hostname                                  2.95                                    utility to set/show the host name or domain 
    ii  icedtea-6-jre-cacao                       6b16~pre5-0ubuntu2                      Alternative JVM for OpenJDK, using Cacao
    ii  ifupdown                                  0.6.8ubuntu19                           high level tools to configure network interf
    ii  initramfs-tools                           0.92bubuntu39                           tools for generating an initramfs
    ii  initscripts                               2.86.ds1-61ubuntu16                     Scripts for initializing and shutting down t
    ii  iproute                                   20090324-1                              networking and traffic control tools
    ii  iptables                                  1.4.4-1ubuntu1                          administration tools for packet filtering an
    ii  iputils-ping                              3:20071127-1build1                      Tools to test the reachability of network ho
    ii  java-common                               0.30ubuntu5                             Base of all Java packages
    ii  kbd                                       1.15-1ubuntu1                           Linux console font and keytable utilities
    ii  klibc-utils                               1.5.15-1                                small utilities built with klibc for early b
    ii  laptop-detect                             0.13.7ubuntu1                           attempt to detect a laptop
    ii  less                                      429-2                                   pager program similar to more
    ii  libacl1                                   2.2.47-2                                Access control list shared library
    ii  libasound2                                1.0.20-3ubuntu3                         shared library for ALSA applications
    ii  libasound2-plugins                        1.0.20-1ubuntu6                         ALSA library additional plugins
    ii  libatasmart4                              0.16-1                                  ATA S.M.A.R.T. reading and parsing library
    ii  libatk1.0-0                               1.27.90-0ubuntu1                        The ATK accessibility toolkit
    ii  libatk1.0-data                            1.27.90-0ubuntu1                        Common files for the ATK accessibility toolk
    ii  libatm1                                   2.4.1-17.2                              shared library for ATM (Asynchronous Transfe
    ii  libattr1                                  1:2.4.43-3                              Extended attribute shared library
    ii  libblkid1                                 2.16-1ubuntu1                           block device id library
    ii  libbz2-1.0                                1.0.5-3                                 high-quality block-sorting file compressor l
    ii  libc6                                     2.10.1-0ubuntu6                         GNU C Library: Shared libraries
    ii  libc6-i686                                2.10.1-0ubuntu6                         GNU C Library: Shared libraries [i686 optimi
    ii  libcairo2                                 1.8.8-2ubuntu1                          The Cairo 2D vector graphics library
    ii  libcap2                                   1:2.16-5ubuntu1                         support for getting/setting POSIX.1e capabil
    ii  libck-connector0                          0.3.1-0ubuntu1                          ConsoleKit libraries
    ii  libclass-accessor-perl                    0.33-1                                  Automated accessor generator
    ii  libcloog-ppl0                             0.15-1                                  the Chunky Loop Generator (runtime library)
    ii  libclutter-0.9-0                          0.9.8-0ubuntu1                          Open GL based interactive canvas library
    ii  libcomerr2                                1.41.8-1ubuntu2                         common error description library
    ii  libcommons-cli-java                       1.1-3ubuntu1                            API for working with the command line argume
    ii  libcommons-compress-java                  0~svn604876-1                           Java API for working with tar, zip and bzip2
    ii  libcommons-lang-java                      2.4-1ubuntu1                            Extension of the java.lang package
    ii  libcups2                                  1.3.11-1ubuntu1                         Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - libs
    ii  libcurl3                                  7.19.5-1ubuntu2                         Multi-protocol file transfer library (OpenSS
    ii  libcurl3-gnutls                           7.19.5-1ubuntu1                         Multi-protocol file transfer library (GnuTLS
    ii  libcwidget3                               0.5.12-4ubuntu2                         high-level terminal interface library for C+
    ii  libdatrie1                                0.2.2-1                                 Double-array trie library
    ii  libdb4.7                                  4.7.25-7ubuntu2                         Berkeley v4.7 Database Libraries [runtime]
    ii  libdbus-1-3                               1.2.16-0ubuntu2                         simple interprocess messaging system
    ii  libdbus-glib-1-2                          0.80-4                                  simple interprocess messaging system (GLib-b
    ii  libdevkit-power-gobject1                  010-0ubuntu1                            abstraction for power management - shared li
    ii  libdevmapper1.02.1                        2:1.02.27-4ubuntu6                      The Linux Kernel Device Mapper userspace lib
    ii  libdirectfb-1.2-0                         1.2.7-2ubuntu1                          direct frame buffer graphics - shared librar
    ii  libdrm-intel1                             2.4.12-1ubuntu1                         Userspace interface to intel-specific kernel
    ii  libdrm2                                   2.4.12-1ubuntu1                         Userspace interface to kernel DRM services -
    ii  libedit2                                  2.11~20080614-2                         BSD editline and history libraries
    ii  libeggdbus-1-0                            0.5-1                                   D-Bus bindings for GObject
    ii  libept0                                   0.5.26build1                            High-level library for managing Debian packa
    ii  libexpat1                                 2.0.1-4                                 XML parsing C library - runtime library
    ii  libffi5                                   3.0.7-1ubuntu1                          Foreign Function Interface library runtime
    ii  libflac8                                  1.2.1-2                                 Free Lossless Audio Codec - runtime C librar
    ii  libfontconfig1                            2.6.0-1ubuntu12                         generic font configuration library - runtime
    ii  libfontenc1                               1:1.0.4-3                               X11 font encoding library
    ii  libfreetype6                              2.3.9-5                                 FreeType 2 font engine, shared library files
    ii  libfribidi0                               0.10.9-1build1                          Free Implementation of the Unicode BiDi algo
    ii  libgcc1                                   1:4.4.1-1ubuntu3                        GCC support library
    ii  libgcj-common                             1:4.4.0-3ubuntu1                        Java runtime library (common files)
    ii  libgcj10                                  4.4.1-1ubuntu4                          Java runtime library for use with gcj
    ii  libgcj10-awt                              4.4.1-1ubuntu4                          AWT peer runtime libraries for use with gcj
    ii  libgconf2-4                               2.26.2-3ubuntu2                         GNOME configuration database system (shared 
    ii  libgcrypt11                               1.4.4-2ubuntu2                          LGPL Crypto library - runtime library
    ii  libgdbm3                                  1.8.3-4                                 GNU dbm database routines (runtime version)
    ii  libgflags0                                1.1-1                                   a library that implements commandline flags
    ii  libgl1-mesa-dri                           7.5-1ubuntu1                            A free implementation of the OpenGL API -- D
    ii  libgl1-mesa-glx                           7.5-1ubuntu1                            A free implementation of the OpenGL API -- G
    ii  libglib2.0-0                              2.21.4-0ubuntu1                         The GLib library of C routines
    ii  libglib2.0-data                           2.21.4-0ubuntu1                         Common files for GLib library
    ii  libgmp3c2                                 2:4.3.1+dfsg-1ubuntu2                   Multiprecision arithmetic library
    ii  libgmpxx4ldbl                             2:4.3.1+dfsg-1ubuntu2                   Multiprecision arithmetic library (C++ bindi
    ii  libgnutls26                               2.6.6-1                                 the GNU TLS library - runtime library
    ii  libgpg-error0                             1.6-1ubuntu1                            library for common error values and messages
    ii  libgpm2                                   1.20.4-3.2                              General Purpose Mouse - shared library
    ii  libgssapi-krb5-2                          1.7dfsg~beta3-1                         MIT Kerberos runtime libraries - krb5 GSS-AP
    ii  libgtk2.0-0                               2.17.6-0ubuntu2                         The GTK+ graphical user interface library
    ii  libgtk2.0-bin                             2.17.6-0ubuntu2                         The programs for the GTK+ graphical user int
    ii  libgtk2.0-common                          2.17.6-0ubuntu2                         Common files for the GTK+ graphical user int
    ii  libgudev-1.0-0                            1:145-1                                 GObject-based wrapper library for libudev
    ii  libhal1                                   0.5.13-1ubuntu1                         Hardware Abstraction Layer - shared library
    ii  libhx18                                   2.9-3                                   A library providing queue, tree, I/O and uti
    ii  libice6                                   2:1.0.5-1                               X11 Inter-Client Exchange library
    ii  libidl0                                   0.8.13-0.1                              library for parsing CORBA IDL files
    ii  libidn11                                  1.15-1                                  GNU Libidn library, implementation of IETF I
    ii  libio-string-perl                         1.08-2                                  Emulate IO::File interface for in-core strin
    ii  libiw29                                   29-2ubuntu3                             Wireless tools - library
    ii  libjasper1                                1.900.1-6                               The JasPer JPEG-2000 runtime library
    ii  libjline-java                             0.9.94-1ubuntu1                         Java library for handling console input
    ii  libjpeg62                                 6b-14build1                             The Independent JPEG Group's JPEG runtime li
    ii  libk5crypto3                              1.7dfsg~beta3-1                         MIT Kerberos runtime libraries - Crypto Libr
    ii  libkeyutils1                              1.2-10                                  Linux Key Management Utilities (library)
    ii  libklibc                                  1.5.15-1                                minimal libc subset for use with initramfs
    ii  libkrb5-3                                 1.7dfsg~beta3-1                         MIT Kerberos runtime libraries
    ii  libkrb5support0                           1.7dfsg~beta3-1                         MIT Kerberos runtime libraries - Support lib
    ii  liblcms1                                  1.18.dfsg-1ubuntu1                      Color management library
    ii  libldap-2.4-2                             2.4.17-1ubuntu2                         OpenLDAP libraries
    ii  liblocale-gettext-perl                    1.05-4build1                            Using libc functions for internationalizatio
    ii  liblockfile1                              1.08-3                                  NFS-safe locking library, includes dotlockfi
    ii  libmagic1                                 5.03-1ubuntu1                           File type determination library using "magic
    ii  libmpfr1ldbl                              2.4.1-1ubuntu1                          multiple precision floating-point computatio
    ii  libncurses5                               5.7+20090607-1ubuntu1                   shared libraries for terminal handling
    ii  libncursesw5                              5.7+20090607-1ubuntu1                   shared libraries for terminal handling (wide
    ii  libnewt0.52                               0.52.10-4                               Not Erik's Windowing Toolkit - text mode win
    ii  libnspr4-0d                               4.8-0ubuntu1                            NetScape Portable Runtime Library
    ii  libnss3-1d                                3.12.3.1-0ubuntu1                       Network Security Service libraries
    ii  libogg0                                   1.1.3-5build1                           Ogg Bitstream Library
    ii  liborbit2                                 1:2.14.17-0.1                           libraries for ORBit2 - a CORBA ORB
    ii  libpam-ck-connector                       0.3.1-0ubuntu1                          ConsoleKit PAM module
    ii  libpam-modules                            1.0.1-10ubuntu1                         Pluggable Authentication Modules for PAM
    ii  libpam-mount                              1.27-4                                  PAM module that can mount volumes for a user
    ii  libpam-runtime                            1.0.1-10ubuntu1                         Runtime support for the PAM library
    ii  libpam0g                                  1.0.1-10ubuntu1                         Pluggable Authentication Modules library
    ii  libpango1.0-0                             1.25.2-0ubuntu1                         Layout and rendering of internationalized te
    ii  libpango1.0-common                        1.25.2-0ubuntu1                         Modules and configuration files for the Pang
    ii  libparse-debianchangelog-perl             1.1.1-2ubuntu1                          parse Debian changelogs and output them in o
    ii  libparted1.8-12                           1.8.8.git.2009.06.03-1ubuntu6           The GNU Parted disk partitioning shared libr
    ii  libpci3                                   1:3.0.0-4ubuntu11                       Linux PCI Utilities (shared library)
    ii  libpciaccess0                             0.10.6-1                                Generic PCI access library for X
    ii  libpcre3                                  7.8-2ubuntu1                            Perl 5 Compatible Regular Expression Library
    ii  libpcrecpp0                               7.8-2ubuntu1                            Perl 5 Compatible Regular Expression Library
    ii  libpixman-1-0                             0.14.0-1                                pixel-manipulation library for X and cairo
    ii  libpng12-0                                1.2.37-1                                PNG library - runtime
    ii  libpolkit-backend-1-0                     0.94-0ubuntu1                           PolicyKit backend API
    ii  libpolkit-gobject-1-0                     0.94-0ubuntu1                           PolicyKit Authorization API
    ii  libpopt0                                  1.14-4                                  lib for parsing cmdline parameters
    ii  libppl-c2                                 0.10.2-2                                Parma Polyhedra Library (C interface)
    ii  libppl7                                   0.10.2-2                                Parma Polyhedra Library (runtime library)
    ii  libprotobuf3                              2.0.3-2.2ubuntu1                        protocol buffer C++ library
    ii  libpulse0                                 1:0.9.16~test4-0ubuntu4                 PulseAudio client libraries
    ii  libpython2.6                              2.6.2-0ubuntu3                          Shared Python runtime library (version 2.6)
    ii  libreadline5                              5.2-4                                   GNU readline and history libraries, run-time
    ii  libsamplerate0                            0.1.7-2                                 audio rate conversion library
    ii  libsasl2-2                                2.1.23.dfsg1-1ubuntu1                   Cyrus SASL - authentication abstraction libr
    ii  libsasl2-modules                          2.1.23.dfsg1-1ubuntu1                   Cyrus SASL - pluggable authentication module
    ii  libselinux1                               2.0.82-1ubuntu2                         SELinux shared libraries
    ii  libsepol1                                 2.0.36-1                                Security Enhanced Linux policy library for c
    ii  libsgutils2-2                             1.27-0.1                                utilities for working with generic SCSI devi
    ii  libsigc++-2.0-0c2a                        2.0.18-2                                type-safe Signal Framework for C++ - runtime
    ii  libslang2                                 2.1.4-3                                 The S-Lang programming library - runtime ver
    ii  libsm6                                    2:1.1.0-2                               X11 Session Management library
    ii  libsndfile1                               1.0.20-1ubuntu1                         Library for reading/writing audio files
    ii  libsqlite3-0                              3.6.16-1                                SQLite 3 shared library
    ii  libss2                                    1.41.8-1ubuntu2                         command-line interface parsing library
    ii  libssl0.9.8                               0.9.8g-16ubuntu2                        SSL shared libraries
    ii  libstdc++6                                4.4.1-1ubuntu3                          The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
    ii  libsub-name-perl                          0.04-1                                  Assigns a new name to referenced sub
    ii  libsysfs2                                 2.1.0-5                                 interface library to sysfs
    ii  libtasn1-3                                2.2-1                                   Manage ASN.1 structures (runtime)
    ii  libtext-charwidth-perl                    0.04-5build1                            get display widths of characters on the term
    ii  libtext-iconv-perl                        1.7-1build1                             converts between character sets in Perl
    ii  libtext-wrapi18n-perl                     0.06-7                                  internationalized substitute of Text::Wrap
    ii  libthai-data                              0.1.12-1                                Data files for Thai language support library
    ii  libthai0                                  0.1.12-1                                Thai language support library
    ii  libtiff4                                  3.8.2-13                                Tag Image File Format (TIFF) library
    ii  libtimedate-perl                          1.1600-9                                Time and date functions for Perl
    ii  libts-0.0-0                               1.0-7                                   touch screen library
    ii  libudev0                                  145-1                                   udev library
    ii  libusb-0.1-4                              2:0.1.12-13                             userspace USB programming library
    ii  libuuid1                                  2.16-1ubuntu1                           Universally Unique ID library
    ii  libvorbis0a                               1.2.0.dfsg-5                            The Vorbis General Audio Compression Codec: 
    ii  libvorbisenc2                             1.2.0.dfsg-5                            The Vorbis General Audio Compression Codec: 
    ii  libwrap0                                  7.6.q-16                                Wietse Venema's TCP wrappers library
    ii  libx11-6                                  2:1.2.2-1ubuntu1                        X11 client-side library
    ii  libx11-data                               2:1.2.2-1ubuntu1                        X11 client-side library
    ii  libxapian15                               1.0.14-1                                Search engine library
    ii  libxau6                                   1:1.0.4-2                               X11 authorisation library
    ii  libxaw7                                   2:1.0.6-1                               X11 Athena Widget library
    ii  libxcb-render-util0                       0.3.5-1                                 utility libraries for X C Binding -- render-
    ii  libxcb-render0                            1.4-1                                   X C Binding, render extension
    ii  libxcb1                                   1.4-1                                   X C Binding
    ii  libxcomposite1                            1:0.4.0-4                               X11 Composite extension library
    ii  libxcursor1                               1:1.1.9-1build1                         X cursor management library
    ii  libxdamage1                               1:1.1.1-4                               X11 damaged region extension library
    ii  libxdmcp6                                 1:1.0.2-3                               X11 Display Manager Control Protocol library
    ii  libxext6                                  2:1.0.99.1-0ubuntu3                     X11 miscellaneous extension library
    ii  libxfixes3                                1:4.0.3-2build1                         X11 miscellaneous 'fixes' extension library
    ii  libxfont1                                 1:1.4.0-1ubuntu1                        X11 font rasterisation library
    ii  libxft2                                   2.1.13-3ubuntu1                         FreeType-based font drawing library for X
    ii  libxi6                                    2:1.2.1-2ubuntu1                        X11 Input extension library
    ii  libxinerama1                              2:1.0.3-2                               X11 Xinerama extension library
    ii  libxkbfile1                               1:1.0.5-1ubuntu2                        X11 keyboard file manipulation library
    ii  libxml2                                   2.7.3.dfsg-1ubuntu1                     GNOME XML library
    ii  libxmu6                                   2:1.0.4-1build1                         X11 miscellaneous utility library
    ii  libxmuu1                                  2:1.0.4-1build1                         X11 miscellaneous micro-utility library
    ii  libxpm4                                   1:3.5.7-2                               X11 pixmap library
    ii  libxrandr2                                2:1.3.0-2                               X11 RandR extension library
    ii  libxrender1                               1:0.9.4-2                               X Rendering Extension client library
    ii  libxt6                                    1:1.0.5-3ubuntu1                        X11 toolkit intrinsics library
    ii  libxtrap6                                 2:1.0.0-5build1                         X11 event trapping extension library
    ii  libxtst6                                  2:1.0.3-1ubuntu2                        X11 Testing -- Resource extension library
    ii  libxv1                                    2:1.0.4-1                               X11 Video extension library
    ii  libxvmc1                                  2:1.0.4-2ubuntu1                        X11 Video extension library
    ii  libxxf86dga1                              2:1.0.2-1build1                         X11 Direct Graphics Access extension library
    ii  libxxf86misc1                             1:1.0.1-3                               X11 XFree86 miscellaneous extension library
    ii  libxxf86vm1                               1:1.0.2-1                               X11 XFree86 video mode extension library
    ii  linux-image-2.6.30-chromeos-intel-menlow  002                                     Linux kernel binary image for version 2.6.30
    ii  linux-sound-base                          1.0.20+dfsg-1ubuntu4                    base package for ALSA and OSS sound systems
    ii  locales                                   2.9+git20090617-1                       common files for locale support
    ii  lockfile-progs                            0.1.13                                  Programs for locking and unlocking files and
    ii  login                                     1:4.1.4.1-1ubuntu2                      system login tools
    ii  lsb-base                                  4.0-0ubuntu2                            Linux Standard Base 4.0 init script function
    ii  lsb-release                               4.0-0ubuntu2                            Linux Standard Base version reporting utilit
    ii  lsof                                      4.81.dfsg.1-1                           List open files
    ii  lzma                                      4.43-14ubuntu1                          Compression method of 7z format in 7-Zip pro
    ii  make                                      3.81-6                                  An utility for Directing compilation.
    ii  makedev                                   2.3.1-88                                creates device files in /dev
    ii  mawk                                      1.3.3-14ubuntu1                         a pattern scanning and text processing langu
    ii  memento-updater                           0.2                                     Memento Autoupdater
    ii  mime-support                              3.46-1                                  MIME files 'mime.types' & 'mailcap', and sup
    ii  module-init-tools                         3.10-2                                  tools for managing Linux kernel modules
    ii  mount                                     2.16-1ubuntu1                           Tools for mounting and manipulating filesyst
    ii  ncurses-base                              5.7+20090607-1ubuntu1                   basic terminal type definitions
    ii  ncurses-bin                               5.7+20090607-1ubuntu1                   terminal-related programs and man pages
    ii  net-tools                                 1.60-23ubuntu1                          The NET-3 networking toolkit
    ii  netbase                                   4.35ubuntu1                             Basic TCP/IP networking system
    ii  netcat                                    1.10-38                                 TCP/IP swiss army knife -- transitional pack
    ii  netcat-traditional                        1.10-38                                 TCP/IP swiss army knife
    ii  ntp                                       1:4.2.4p6+dfsg-1ubuntu4                 Network Time Protocol daemon and utility pro
    ii  ntpdate                                   1:4.2.4p6+dfsg-1ubuntu2                 client for setting system time from NTP serv
    ii  openjdk-6-jre-headless                    6b16~pre5-0ubuntu2                      OpenJDK Java runtime, using Hotspot JIT (hea
    ii  openjdk-6-jre-lib                         6b16~pre5-0ubuntu2                      OpenJDK Java runtime (architecture independe
    ii  openssh-client                            1:5.1p1-6ubuntu1                        secure shell client, an rlogin/rsh/rcp repla
    ii  openssh-server                            1:5.1p1-6ubuntu1                        secure shell server, an rshd replacement
    ii  openssl                                   0.9.8g-16ubuntu2                        Secure Socket Layer (SSL) binary and related
    ii  passwd                                    1:4.1.4.1-1ubuntu2                      change and administer password and group dat
    ii  pciutils                                  1:3.0.0-4ubuntu11                       Linux PCI Utilities
    ii  perl                                      5.10.0-24ubuntu2                        Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report
    ii  perl-base                                 5.10.0-24ubuntu2                        minimal Perl system
    ii  perl-modules                              5.10.0-24ubuntu2                        Core Perl modules
    ii  policykit-1                               0.94-0ubuntu1                           framework for managing administrative polici
    ii  procps                                    1:3.2.8-1ubuntu2                        /proc file system utilities
    ii  python                                    2.6.2-0ubuntu1                          An interactive high-level object-oriented la
    ii  python-central                            0.6.11ubuntu7                           register and build utility for Python packag
    ii  python-dbus                               0.83.0-1ubuntu2                         simple interprocess messaging system (Python
    ii  python-gobject                            2.18.0-0ubuntu1                         Python bindings for the GObject library
    ii  python-minimal                            2.6.2-0ubuntu1                          A minimal subset of the Python language (def
    ii  python-support                            1.0.3ubuntu1                            automated rebuilding support for Python modu
    ii  python2.6                                 2.6.2-0ubuntu3                          An interactive high-level object-oriented la
    ii  python2.6-minimal                         2.6.2-0ubuntu3                          A minimal subset of the Python language (ver
    ii  readline-common                           6.0-0ubuntu1                            GNU readline and history libraries, common f
    ii  rhino                                     1.7R2-1ubuntu1                          JavaScript engine written in Java
    ii  rsyslog                                   4.2.0-1ubuntu2                          enhanced multi-threaded syslogd
    ii  sed                                       4.2.1-1                                 The GNU sed stream editor
    ii  sgml-base                                 1.26                                    SGML infrastructure and SGML catalog file su
    ii  shared-mime-info                          0.60-2                                  FreeDesktop.org shared MIME database and spe
    ii  slim                                      1.3.1-chromeos3                         desktop-independent graphical login manager 
    ii  sudo                                      1.7.0-1ubuntu2                          Provide limited super user privileges to spe
    ii  sysv-rc                                   2.86.ds1-61ubuntu16                     System-V-like runlevel change mechanism
    ii  sysvinit-utils                            2.86.ds1-61ubuntu16                     System-V-like utilities
    ii  tar                                       1.22-1                                  GNU version of the tar archiving utility
    ii  tasksel                                   2.73ubuntu20                            Tool for selecting tasks for installation on
    ii  tasksel-data                              2.73ubuntu20                            Official tasks used for installation of Debi
    ii  tcpd                                      7.6.q-16                                Wietse Venema's TCP wrapper utilities
    ii  tsconf                                    1.0-7                                   touch screen library common files
    ii  ttf-dejavu                                2.29-2                                  Metapackage to pull in ttf-dejavu-core and t
    ii  ttf-dejavu-core                           2.29-2                                  Vera font family derivate with additional ch
    ii  ttf-dejavu-extra                          2.29-2                                  Vera font family derivate with additional ch
    ii  ttf-droid                                 1.00~b112+dfsg+1-0ubuntu1               handheld device font with extensive style an
    ii  tzdata                                    2009k-2                                 time zone and daylight-saving time data
    ii  tzdata-java                               2009k-2                                 time zone and daylight-saving time data for 
    ii  ubuntu-keyring                            2008.03.04                              GnuPG keys of the Ubuntu archive
    ii  ubuntu-minimal                            1.158                                   Minimal core of Ubuntu
    ii  ucf                                       3.0018                                  Update Configuration File: preserve user cha
    ii  udev                                      145-1                                   rule-based device node and kernel event mana
    ii  upstart                                   0.6.3-1                                 event-based init daemon
    ii  util-linux                                2.16-1ubuntu1                           Miscellaneous system utilities
    ii  vim-common                                2:7.2.148-2ubuntu2                      Vi IMproved - Common files
    ii  vim-tiny                                  2:7.2.148-2ubuntu2                      Vi IMproved - enhanced vi editor - compact v
    ii  wget                                      1.11.4-2ubuntu1                         retrieves files from the web
    ii  whiptail                                  0.52.10-4                               Displays user-friendly dialog boxes from she
    ii  wireless-tools                            29-2ubuntu3                             Tools for manipulating Linux Wireless Extens
    ii  x-ttcidfont-conf                          32                                      TrueType and CID fonts configuration for X
    ii  x11-common                                1:7.4+3ubuntu5                          X Window System (X.Org) infrastructure
    ii  x11-utils                                 7.4+1build1                             X11 utilities
    ii  x11-xkb-utils                             7.4+3                                   X11 XKB utilities
    ii  x11-xserver-utils                         7.4+2                                   X server utilities
    ii  xauth                                     1:1.0.3-2                               X authentication utility
    ii  xbitmaps                                  1.0.1-2ubuntu1                          Base X bitmaps
    ii  xdg-utils                                 1.0.2-6.1                               desktop integration utilities from freedeskt
    ii  xfonts-encodings                          1:1.0.2-3                               Encodings for X.Org fonts
    ii  xfonts-utils                              1:7.4+1ubuntu1                          X Window System font utility programs
    ii  xkb-data                                  1.6-1ubuntu1                            X Keyboard Extension (XKB) configuration dat
    ii  xml-core                                  0.12                                    XML infrastructure and XML catalog file supp
    ii  xscreensaver                              5.0.8-chromeos2                         Screen locker for Chrome OS
    ii  xserver-common                            2:1.6.3-1ubuntu1                        common files used by various X servers
    ii  xserver-xorg                              1:7.4+3ubuntu5                          the X.Org X server
    ii  xserver-xorg-core                         2:1.6.3-1ubuntu2                        Xorg X server - core server
    ii  xserver-xorg-input-all                    1:7.4+3ubuntu5                          the X.Org X server -- input driver metapacka
    ii  xserver-xorg-input-evdev                  1:2.2.2-1ubuntu2                        X.Org X server -- evdev input driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-input-kbd                    1:1.3.2-3                               X.Org X server -- keyboard input driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-input-mouse                  1:1.4.0-2                               X.Org X server -- mouse input driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-input-synaptics              1.1.2-1ubuntu5                          Synaptics TouchPad driver for X.Org server
    ii  xserver-xorg-input-wacom                  1:0.8.3.2-1ubuntu1                      X.Org X server -- Wacom input driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-all                    1:7.4+3ubuntu5                          the X.Org X server -- output driver metapack
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-apm                    1:1.2.1-2                               X.Org X server -- APM display driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-ark                    1:0.7.1-2                               X.Org X server -- ark display driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-ati                    1:6.12.99+git20090629.f39cafc5-0ubuntu5 X.Org X server -- ATI display driver wrapper
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-chips                  1:1.2.1-3                               X.Org X server -- Chips display driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-cirrus                 1:1.3.1-1                               X.Org X server -- Cirrus display driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-fbdev                  1:0.4.0-4                               X.Org X server -- fbdev display driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-geode                  2.11.3-1                                X.Org server -- Geode GX2/LX display driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-i128                   1:1.3.2-1                               X.Org X server -- i128 display driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-i740                   1:1.3.0-1                               X.Org X server -- i740 display driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-intel                  2:2.8.0-0ubuntu3                        X.Org X server -- Intel i8xx, i9xx display d
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-mach64                 6.8.0+git20090201.d394e0b8-2            X.Org X server -- ATI Mach64 display driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-mga                    1:1.4.10.dfsg-1                         X.Org X server -- MGA display driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-neomagic               1:1.2.3-1                               X.Org X server -- Neomagic display driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-nv                     1:2.1.14-2ubuntu2                       X.Org X server -- NV display driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-openchrome             1:0.2.903+svn758-0ubuntu1               X.Org X server -- VIA display driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-r128                   6.8.0+git20090201.08d56c88-2            X.Org X server -- ATI r128 display driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-radeon                 1:6.12.99+git20090629.f39cafc5-0ubuntu5 X.Org X server -- ATI Radeon display driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-rendition              1:4.2.1-1                               X.Org X server -- Rendition display driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-s3                     1:0.6.2-1                               X.Org X server -- legacy S3 display driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-s3virge                1:1.10.2-2                              X.Org X server -- S3 ViRGE display driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-savage                 1:2.3.0-1                               X.Org X server -- Savage display driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion          1:1.7.2-1                               X.Org X server -- SiliconMotion display driv
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-sis                    1:0.10.1-2                              X.Org X server -- SiS display driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-sisusb                 1:0.9.1-1                               X.Org X server -- SiS USB display driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-tdfx                   1:1.4.1-1                               X.Org X server -- tdfx display driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-trident                1:1.3.1-1                               X.Org X server -- Trident display driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-tseng                  1:1.2.1-1                               X.Org X server -- Tseng display driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-v4l                    1:0.2.0-3ubuntu1                        X.Org X server -- Video 4 Linux display driv
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-vesa                   1:2.2.0-1                               X.Org X server -- VESA display driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-vmware                 1:10.16.7-1                             X.Org X server -- VMware display driver
    ii  xserver-xorg-video-voodoo                 1:1.2.2-1                               X.Org X server -- Voodoo display driver
    ii  xterm                                     243-1ubuntu1                            X terminal emulator
    ii  zlib1g                                    1:1.2.3.3.dfsg-13ubuntu1                compression library - runtime
    Here's uname -a
    Code:
    Linux localhost 2.6.30-chromeos-intel-menlow #1 SMP Fri Nov 20 01:27:51 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux
    And df -h
    Code:
    Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    rootfs                936M  589M  299M  67% /
    udev                  376M  376M     0 100% /dev
    /dev/disk/by-label/C-ROOT
                          936M  589M  299M  67% /
    /tmp                  376M  8.0K  376M   1% /tmp
    shmfs                 376M  140K  376M   1% /dev/shm
    /dev/sda1             936M   22M  867M   3% /mnt/stateful_partition
    /dev/sda1             936M   22M  867M   3% /var/cache
    /dev/sda1             936M   22M  867M   3% /var/log
    vartmp                376M   20K  376M   1% /var/tmp
    /dev/sda1             936M   22M  867M   3% /home
    varrun                376M   44K  376M   1% /var/run
    varlock               376M     0  376M   0% /var/lock
    /media                376M     0  376M   0% /media
    /dev/mapper/cryptohome
                          376M   15M  362M   4% /home/chronos
    tmpfs                 376M   15M  362M   4% /home/chronos
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jmmL; November 22nd, 2009 at 12:16 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by DillByrne View Post
    il seed it !, cant promise il always be on but il be happy to seed along with #! and karmic, and give back!
    I'm just trying to figure out how to split it into multiple archives. If anyone has any guides, that'd really speed things up. Shouldn't take long to upload once that's done though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

You could do it with tar, or rar. Thought with rar I don't know how to. But with Tar you have to use -M -L, for the use of them you should look it up in the man page.

-L has to be followed by the archive size.

Beans
    Hidden!

Finally! Screen shots! I think we just made history here guys.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

hey pls upload it to Rapidshare, if u r having difficulties on splitting it i cn help u..

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie187 View Post
    You could do it with tar, or rar. Thought with rar I don't know how to. But with Tar you have to use -M -L, for the use of them you should look it up in the man page.

-L has to be followed by the archive size.
    Okay, thanks for the pointer. I'm uploading "ide.vmdk" which is the image for chromiumOS. The root password on this image is "chromium05", but I couldn't figure out how to get to a terminal, so it might be of limited use for the time being!

Links:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/309484345/chromiumOS-1.tar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/309485808/chromiumOS-2.tar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/309487192/chromiumOS-3.tar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/309488963/chromiumOS-4.tar

Here is what you need to do, with what you need to type in bold:
    Code:
    :~$ tar -x -M --file=chromiumOS-1.tar ide.vmdk
    Prepare volume #2 for `chromiumOS.tar' and hit return: n chromiumOS-2.tar
    Prepare volume #3 for `chromiumOS-2.tar' and hit return: n chromiumOS-3.tar
    Prepare volume #4 for `chromiumOS-3.tar' and hit return: n chromiumOS-4.tar
    That will give you ide.vmdk in your home folder. I did a test run with mine and md5summed to check there weren't any errors.

I would have liked to use rar, just because it seems more simple to extract. Tar will do for the time being.

The Google documentation on building it from start to finish was absolutely fantastic. Everything went without a hitch (or at least, so I can tell!).
    Last edited by jmmL; November 20th, 2009 at 05:00 AM.

Beans

Anyone else feel claustrophobic just looking at those screen shots?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by etnlIcarus View Post
    Anyone else feel claustrophobic just looking at those screen shots?
    not really, screenspace is for use, are you the one with the ridiculously/amazingly complex window oranization xfce setup?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast