Thread: Warty ready to Retire

Post Warty ready to Retire

<p>After eighteen months of faithful service, Ubuntu 4.10 (aka the Warty Warthog), will be end-of-lifed on 30 April 2005. Matt Zimmerman made the expected <a href="https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-announce/2006-March/000061.html">notice</a> on the announcement mailing list, along with the upgrade path for those of you still running Warty:</p>
    <blockquote ><p>The supported upgrade path from Ubuntu 4.10 is via Ubuntu 5.04. Instructions and caveats for the upgrade may be found at <a href="https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HoaryUpgradeNotes">Hoary Upgrade Notes</a>. Note that upgrades to version 5.10 and beyond are only supported in multiple steps, via an upgrade first to 5.04, then to 5.10.
    </p></blockquote>

Link To Original Article

Beans

A year-o?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFridge
    <p>After eighteen months of faithful service, Ubuntu 4.10 (aka the Warty Warthog), will be end-of-lifed on 30 April 2005.</p>

Link To Original Article
    Surely that's 30 April 2006, right?

timothy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: A year-o?

Mailing list states 2006, little misstyping here

Anyway, how many people do you think use Warty? I think they are few, if any. Upgrading is a simple apt-get command away.
    Ubuntu on the beach...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: A year-o?

if they have internet connection...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Warty ready to Retire

warty was a dam good first release!

it was the first distro that stood on my hd and with warty i became a real linux lover. now a bit more than one year later i learned to love linux (especially ubuntu and debian) and hell i kicked microsoft off my harddisk.

Thanks to all the developers, and all the people in the forum & the mailing lists. keep up the good work!

One soul saved
    Last edited by mtron; April 10th, 2006 at 11:40 PM.