Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: My wife wants windows back

Beans

Re: My wife wants windows back

What I would like to know is who wears the pants juts get a grip and tell them no you cant have windows back

Beans
    Hidden!

Last edited by isotonic; October 14th, 2009 at 11:11 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

My wife's the best.

We talked about installing Ubuntu 6.06 on the desktop she uses, the other day. She replied something like "as long as my 20 gigs of pictures don't get screwed up, i'd be delighted to try it out". She's a photographer, and a damn good one too, so i'll have to find a way to get her camera, a canon eos 350d, integrated, so she can use gimp to edit her pictures.

Needless to say, i really love my wife, but thats just one of the many reasons why

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pkslot
    My wife's the best.

We talked about installing Ubuntu 6.06 on the desktop she uses, the other day. She replied something like "as long as my 20 gigs of pictures don't get screwed up, i'd be delighted to try it out". She's a photographer, and a damn good one too, so i'll have to find a way to get her camera, a canon eos 350d, integrated, so she can use gimp to edit her pictures.

Needless to say, i really love my wife, but thats just one of the many reasons why
    I have a 350D and it works great. I use digicam to organise pics and the gimp for editing. Only thing is you need to change a setting in the menu 'Communication' needs to be 'Print/PTP' then it will connect fine. PM me if you need any more info.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by bluenova
    I have a 350D and it works great. I use digicam to organise pics and the gimp for editing. Only thing is you need to change a setting in the menu 'Communication' needs to be 'Print/PTP' then it will connect fine. PM me if you need any more info.

Great, thanks man =D>

I'll tell her that the upcoming switch isn't that far away then

Beans

I might be wrong but I don't think your wife is going to like the gimp. gimpshop might be more appropriate. Problem with gimp is that it only has 8bit support and this is a problem for serious photographers.

Cinepaint unfortunately is slow to release Glasgow.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by isotonic
    man, the females on this forum will be baying for your blood with a post like this.

that's if the mods don't get to you first....be afraid, very afraid!

edit: actually mine wasn't that politically correct either and they haven't "fixed" me yet...so there might be hope for the both of us.

i am not against women... my gf is good with computers...i was just telling from the statistics of what they like... they have reportedly higher EQ than men.....and they are equally capable of becoming a nerd or a wiz...

try to listen to a bevy or girls talking...its highly unlikely that they will end up with something related to politics, computers, techno etc...even though they migh discuss some of those... but in the end ....
    sudo apt-get install tobacco

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock-holmes
    tell her that....

1. office costs more than 300$
    2. antivirus costs $60-$100
    3. operating system XP $100

so with that valuable 500$ .... choice of

1. she could get her haricut atleast 15 times...
    2. buy an extravagent make-up travel kit
    3. atleast 6 pairs of summer clothing
    4. some kitchen items...
    5. some pink dolls worth millions to them but nothing for the family...

else sacrify those and spend on binblows and get screwed up with spyware, malware, viruses, hacks, autodialers, blue screen of death, memory error, identity theft, severe bluish face tan, and all those mighty unsolicited search bars in IE...

now...what doest she want???

More accurate:

OS Costs $200 ($300 if pro)
    Office - $300
    Antivirus - $40-$80
    Firewall - $40
    Snd maybe some paid antispyware = $30

That would be $580-$750. See how using windows and getting proper settings can be about the price of a new computer?
    Last edited by ?????; June 5th, 2006 at 08:56 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Last edited by isotonic; October 14th, 2009 at 10:59 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

The games gentlemen, the games! I showed my wife some of the games let her play and bam!!! Got her hooked, she is frozen-bubble playin' fool. She also plays that gnometris & xgalaga. Sometimes I have to wait to get on my own pc cuz she is shootin' those frozen bubbles . She is getting used to openoffice for her work stuff, so all is good here.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast