Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Get compiz at Kubuntu start! (Nvidia)

Beans

Re: Get compiz at Kubuntu start! (Nvidia)

Hi, I've got both Kubuntu and Ubuntu desktops installed. I followed your guide for installing compiz for Kubuntu and then whent to the wiki ubuntu guide and followed their instructions for Ubuntul. When I logged back into Kubuntu I've lost my task bar or panel. I can't figure out how to get it back. I've been using right click to get every where it seems to work perfectly on kubuntu but the task bar is gone. What's up with that? Could it be the compiz.desktop file I created in /.kde directory? Thanks for your help!

Beans

Um, never mind I guess it works now. Must of just needed a hard restart. Everything's working now but I did get a new problem. In Kubuntu, I can't enable more then 1 desktop. I go to System Settings -> Desktop -> Multiple Desktops and I try to enable 4 but it keeps defaulting back to 1 so I can never get that cool cube thingy to work. It works in Ubuntu. I'm not quite sure what's going on here. Thanks again, look forward to your response!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 5.10

I already got my problem solved ... I guess I missed a package.
    the only thing now is .. that the multiple desktops aren't working.. is that normal??
    thanks.

Beans

fildo@liberty:~$ compiz-start
    nohup: appending output to `nohup.out'

i get this error can anyone help !

Beans

I am wanting to install compiz for Edgy (using AIGLX). What would I need to change in the original post.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234