Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Wmv9 on AMD64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Re: Wmv9 on AMD64

Quote Originally Posted by neev View Post
    Hello, Ive followed the steps in the 1st page and i got no error, but now i dont know how to run the mplayer32 . If I write mplayer32 in the terminal i get some sort of command instructions. And under Applications -> Sound & Video, it does not appear (it only appears the one i already had installed, i assume its the 64 one, but cant play wmv9 yet)

Any help?? Thanks!!
    Yes, the package only installs the commandline utility. Try to type
    mplayer32 <fileyouwanttoplay> in a terminal and it will probably just work =)

Beans

Question Re: Wmv9 on AMD64

Quote Originally Posted by Conq View Post
    Playing back wmv9 files on AMD64 is tricky. On i386 you can use mplayer with the win32 codecs, or the experimental vc-1 codec. However, using AMD64, things get a bit more difficult. It is possible to use the 32bit mplayer package, but it requires that all the libraries that it depends on are also 32bit. Thats why I made a package for you!

Here is what you do:

1. Install all ia32-libs packages using apt-get.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install ia32-libs lib32asound2 lib32ncurses5 ia32-libs-sdl ia32-libs-gtk lib32stdc++6
    2. Download the package from:
    http://folk.ntnu.no/grannas/debs/mpl...e7-1_amd64.deb
    3. Install the package:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg -i mplayer32_1.0pre7-1_amd64.deb
    4. Fetch the Win32 codecs from: http://www.people.virginia.edu/~drf8...060501.tar.bz2
    5. Unpack it and install to /usr/lib/win32.
    Code:
    tar -jxvf essential-20060501.tar.bz2
    sudo mkdir /usr/lib/win32
    sudo cp essential-20060501/* /usr/lib/win32/
    Use mplayer32 to play wmv9 files (but it can also be used for other files as well )

Edit: Added more IA32 packages.

It gives me something like that..

mplayer32: error while loading shared libraries: libasound.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

any suggestion?

Beans

how do i get a graphical front end? none of the posts are clear. like a program i can just load or application to click on. i successfully used mplayer32, i dano if i can play wmv yet though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Valley View Post
    It gives me something like that..

mplayer32: error while loading shared libraries: libasound.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

any suggestion?
    It seems you haven't done step 1 correctly. Try to reinstall lib32asound2 (or
    redo step 1).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by wazzie View Post
    how do i get a graphical front end? none of the posts are clear. like a program i can just load or application to click on. i successfully used mplayer32, i dano if i can play wmv yet though.
    You need to make the symbolic link /usr/bin/gmplayer point at /usr/bin/mplayer32.

Code:
    cd /usr/bin
    sudo rm gmplayer
    sudo ln -s mplayer32 gmplayer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Hi guys,
    I installed yesterday Ubuntu and so far most things work. Anyway, I tried to install via automatix the various codecs, but I ended up not being able to play wmv files. Seeking for a solution I came here. I followed all the steps (twice) in copy-paste fashion. Yet, I am still not able to view wmv files. When I try to open a wmv file with mplayer I can hear the sound of the video, but NO image at all. I get the following error message:
    Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x33564D57.

Any idea for a solution?
    Thank you in advance for your time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quoting myself:
    Quote Originally Posted by dimis View Post
    Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x33564D57.
    I don't know how this was fixed, I can now view the image and hear the sound as well. All I did was making again the soft link on gmplayer from mplayer32 ...
    Anyway, mplayer seems to play perfectly all wmv videos I tried so far. On the other hand, it now has problems with some avis ... I mean, I can hear the sound and view the image but these two are not synchronized! However, I can perfectly see (synchronization is perfect) exactly the same mplayer-problematic-up-to-now-video with Totem (Movie Player)! On the other hand, Totem is not able to open all wmv files ...
    Can someone explain me what is actually happening with the codecs. A reference would be extremely welcome as well, because so far I thought that codecs were universal and players retrieved them at will from a directory.

Thank you in advance,
    My best regards from my lovely Ubuntu64!
    Last edited by dimis; July 14th, 2006 at 06:31 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Hi, this is usually caused by bad sound-card setups. You might want to try different -vo and -ao options in mplayer. Just type mplayer -vo help and you'll see a list of your options (same goes for -ao). Additionally, the mplayer homepage mplayerhq.hu has a lot of information regarding similar problems.

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

Quote Originally Posted by superm1 View Post
    I created my own mozilla-mplayer package that called the appropriate binary. I also used the newer upstream package for this purpose. Attached are binary and source.

Note: I created two binaries. One of them is intended for a 64 bit web browser, and the other and the other a 32 bit web browser. Also attached is the source package I used to create each.
    I can see the plugin(s) in about:config, I can play fine from the command line using mplayer, but trying to watch a video in the browser crashes it with a no more useful error than seg fault. I'm using the 32 bit version you provided together with Swiftfox

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheBoards View Post
    Hello everybody!

I am trying to install wmv9 compatibility on my ubuntu for days now, but I cant believe what a pain in the *** this has become. No matter what problem I solve there is still a shared library that mplayer32 won't find. In this case it's:

mplayer32: error while loading shared libraries: libgssapi_krb5.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can anybody tell me what package i am missing?
    Thanks for the help so far

LOTB
    You need to do
    sudo ia32-libs-openoffice.org

That fixed mine

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast