Thread: Daimonin Free MMORG and a little gem of a game.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Daimonin Free MMORG and a little gem of a game.

Hi for the last week I have been playing around with a MMORG rpg capped Daimonin. It is a low graphics game thiough still interesting that should just about run on even aged machines. What I mean by low graohics is a lot more advanced than Falcons Eye for those who have seen that game. The animations for moving and attacking are pretty basic but presentable. WHere this game shines though is in playability which is one of my main requirements that I look for in a game.

The game is still in its batas with B4 coming out in a couple weeks and though aperently classes are probably going to be introduced right now basicly you can train different stuff like a interesting original ranged system with archery. Throwable weaons, Magic which currently has one attack spell thats damage goes up with levels. Apperently they are working on more spells for the game. Currently there is a broad range of wands that are very powerfull in game. Physical attack is also pretty interesting and you can put your play time into making a warrior or wizard or even a battle mage with both combat and magic. At first I did not like the idea of only having one spell right now but found the spell magic bullet is well balanced over levels and dishes out a fair bit of extra damage.

Drops in the game are very generous and found that a lot of the struff I am equipt with is from those drops. Basicly there is a few ways of playing and advancing where you can concentrate on phisical or a mix of magical wisdom giving the ability to heal yourself with wisdom and or dish out extra damage with magic. ANyways if you have some extra time you might want to check this game out.

http://www.daimonin.net/
    quick program launch left mac type bar

Started by Omnios, December 30th, 2007 11:49 AM

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06

Re: Daimonin Free MMORG and a little gem of a game.

Installing and what not now.

Edit: Can't go without newbie issues, though
    Code:
    akj@angry-penguin:~/games/daimonin/client/make/linux$ sh ./configure
    checking build system type... configure: error: cannot guess build type; you must specify one
    I'm still quite new to the building and compiling part of Linux. I am a bit stuck and going to research this. Perhaps one of you may have a hastier answer

Edit 2: The solution.
    Last edited by AngryKidJoe; June 25th, 2006 at 06:07 AM.
    ---

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Oy ha please feel free to post your feeling about this game be is rants or flames.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06

It's a bit difficult to get used to, but I managed to get to level 2 without too much trouble. I could see how it would be fun if 2-6 people got together and played in a party often. Learn each other's tactics and all that. The graphics are very dated but they're also not a complete eyesore.

It's also a bit [chaotic?] not having character classes. I can see the benefits of it but it's also a bit overwhelming with opportunities. Perhaps I just need to get used to it more.
    ---

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

K first off the game is a bit lacking on the graphics department but there is a lot of work going on for the new Bata4 which is comming out in a couple weeks or so. There is also a 3D client in the works but I have not heard anything pertaining to its scedual.

The graphics are a lot better than nethack, Falcon Eye but are very well done for the graphical level of the game. On the upside I thing this game will play on just about any system out there including low level P2's with low ram and possibly even on a lighter system than that.

Where this game shines is in playability in that there are so many weaopons and magic items that allow for so many different play styles. Even magic, I have a lvl 8 magic user and he can dish out so much damage that even red rated mobiles drop. The down side is that it takes me about 3 minuts to regenerat mana.

Also the wisdom based heal and damage spells add a lot to the game. I would at least raise wisdom skills a bit to get some healing ability.

The main thing is to keep Physical damage fairly high as it realy helps out beating down a mob, also a little magic may also help a physical player in that you can dish out a few combat rounds of damage before entering into combat with a tough mobile.

Also the gamming community is very friendly and asking for help usualy gets you help from someone.

PS: To late to do a pole but how many Ubuntu users are actualy playing this game or have trye it. I think others input on weather they are playing or not and why might help and we can possibly help out other having difficulties with this game.