Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Linux game support petition

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Linux game support petition

Im busy writing up some code for a small online peition, for a domain Ive setup for the purpose called gamersforlinux.com (nothing there yet). I want it to be a place where gamers can leave a signature, showing their support, so we can show the game title manufacturers that there is a massivly growing demand.

If you are a gamer, what would you like to see more of in gaming? ie, if it was a peition, what demands would you set?

Edit:
    Post #12 on this thread
    Okay, well I spent a little time on setting up the petition today. Im just a hobbiest web designer, so this is the best I could do.

http://www.gamersforlinux.com

Will be completing it real soon, but it can start taking signatures now. Spread the word if you are like, and want to try get gaming support up.

Even if its not anytime soon, that list will just grow longer, until it reaches the point that there are enough players to consider supporting... or microsoft has assimilated the earth.
    Last edited by w1z4rd; July 1st, 2006 at 08:55 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Linux game support petition

I like the idea, but keep in mind that PC games are a very small piece of the video game pie, and Linux is even a smaller piece of the PC pie.

Just my thoughts.
    -- There's no place like ~

My Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Id sign it. Make sure to show this to every major distro's forums.

Beans

And what will an online petition accomplish? Nothing.

There has already been them, they honestly do nothing, you are better off creating a resource site for gaming or contributing to others already made...

Quote Originally Posted by ELD

There has already been them, they honestly do nothing, you are better off creating a resource site for gaming or contributing to others already made...
    I dunno but shout long enough some one will hear you, and I'd also sign it.

Beans

Count me in! One can always try!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by ELD

Actually there was one to relegallize guitar tabs on the internet that was successful.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06

I'd sign it, but with Microsoft's Direct X 10 coming out a lot of new games are using strickly that. The reason being is because then it's easily portable to the XBOX360. That's what ended up happening to Neverwinter Nights 2, only they decided not to port it to the XBOX360.

What ever helps the Linux gamers I will support in any way, shape, or form possible.
    ---

Beans

Will support, but to be honest, every time I read something about why linux gaming is so poor, it seems to come down to the fact that whenever ports are made, few people buy them. One person on Linux Games recently mentioned that the port of Rune didn't even distribute 1000 copies...god knows how many actually sold.

Probably preaching to the converted on here, but if you want to support linux gaming..then buy a native game. From the polls on here and on other forums, it doesn't seem like people actually do that much

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

http://www.tuxgames.com/petitions/index.cgi

Here it is, what you're trying to accomplish, it didn't work very well... The demand doesn't matter so much... There's a demand for Prey client for linux, but they say there is no demand.

Something is wrong there, people are anti-linux I tell you...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast