Thread: My new blog : ubuntudemon.wordpress.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

My new blog : ubuntudemon.wordpress.com

Hi,

Here's my new blog : http://ubuntudemon.wordpress.com/

What do you guys think ?

One thing I don't like about wordpress is that in order to create something decent I have to edit the html sometimes. I'd rather do it wiki style (which is less cumbersome)

My blog is added to planet.ubuntu.com

You can digg my blog here : http://digg.com/linux_unix/A_blog_by...untuforums.org
    Last edited by ubuntu_demon; August 24th, 2006 at 11:50 AM.

Beans

Re: My new blog : ubuntudemon.wordpress.com

Looks good.

I personally did not like wordpress because it was not really scaleable, and like you said sometimes you have to edit html.

My site is runnig off e107 (e107.org).

You might wanna give it a try, I find it much easier to use and more scaleable if you decide to grow beyond a blog.

Beans

Looks nice. I think there's an error, though, in the quotation part. the quote tags are visible.

Is it possible to make a blog using a wiki? Never knew that. I'm also trying to make my own blog slash website. But I'm still in the process of studying/refreshing my knowledge on HTML and CSS.

The only reason I like Wordpress is that it's open source. Other than that, it kind of lags behind in the customization department, at least for Wordpress.com. I mean, you're not free to edit your style sheets, right? The only way around that would be to use Wordpress.org instead of the .com. But then you would need to be knowledgeable about PHP and MySQL stuff...

Hey ubuntu_demon, you got a special mention in the Newsforge article, huh. Looks like you were the only one from Ubuntuforums who was able to make it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Fenyx
    Looks nice. I think there's an error, though, in the quotation part. the quote tags are visible.
    I know. It's a solution for now.

Is it possible to make a blog using a wiki? Never knew that. I'm also trying to make my own blog slash website. But I'm still in the process of studying/refreshing my knowledge on HTML and CSS.

The only reason I like Wordpress is that it's open source. Other than that, it kind of lags behind in the customization department, at least for Wordpress.com. I mean, you're not free to edit your style sheets, right? The only way around that would be to use Wordpress.org instead of the .com. But then you would need to be knowledgeable about PHP and MySQL stuff...
    I don't know whether there exists something like wordpress which uses a wiki markup language. I would like to find out though. I'm new to blogging

Hey ubuntu_demon, you got a special mention in the Newsforge article, huh. Looks like you were the only one from Ubuntuforums who was able to make it.
    The summit was great!

Next time probably more forum staff will attend.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by ubuntu_demon
    One thing I don't like about wordpress is that in order to create something decent I have to edit the html sometimes. I'd rather do it wiki style (which is less cumbersome)

That may be, but overall I usually like the look of Wordpress blogs better than most others.

I enjoyed reading yours and look forward to having a little inside insight.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by vayu
    That may be, but overall I usually like the look of Wordpress blogs better than most others.

I enjoyed reading yours and look forward to having a little inside insight.
    thnx

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

If you guys have any suggestions you want me to blog about feel free to mention them here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I added some blog entries. Take a look : https://ubuntudemon.wordpress.com

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Beans
    Hidden!

What is it with blogs!!!!! lol pretty soon every forum member will have a ubuntu blog...

zenwhen it looks good..

ubuntu_demon sweet.

i'm sure both you will have much to say on your blogs..
    Advantages and Disadvantages of 64bit.(Plus install Guides)

‘In search of some small measure of peace, that we all seek, and few of us ever find.’

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast