Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Absolute Beginner Talk

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Post Absolute Beginner Talk

Being inspired by side projects of others I decided to start also one. I've made a blog especially for the Ubuntu beginners. On this blog I will be posting Ubuntu news, info, tips and what not in an understandable way. I want to provide info which I've discovered myself or came across the internet which makes using Ubuntu Linux easier, more functional and fun. With my posts I hope beginners will understand the way Ubuntu works easier and faster.
    Of course a blog wouldn't be nothing without my 2 cents... so I'll be also posting a lot of thinking and reviewing.

At the moment I've quickly wrote a basic article. Take a look and tell me what you are thinking about it. http://absolutebeginner.wordpress.com/
    Linux Is Not Windows | www.derekdjons.nl | The 'XT' under the Rebels.
    Registered Linux User #406653 | Translator @ Launchpad

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Re: Absolute Beginner Talk

It's looking good . I'll take a read when you've got more on there. I know my way around Ubuntu but I love a read.
    "The greatest purveyor of violence in the world today is my own government, for the sake of the hundreds of thousands trembling under our violence... I cannot remain silent." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Looks like it's going to be nice. I've set up a small help website too for Ubuntu users. Mine is not a blog site really. I was playing around with google pages and built it with that. You can check it out at wjkirby.googlepages.com
    I plan on adding some more links to sites I have found useful in my dealings with Ubuntu.

cstudent

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by cstudent View Post
    Looks like it's going to be nice. I've set up a small help website too for Ubuntu users. Mine is not a blog site really. I was playing around with google pages and built it with that. You can check it out at wjkirby.googlepages.com
    I plan on adding some more links to sites I have found useful in my dealings with Ubuntu.

cstudent
    I even found an interesting guide for myself. Thank you for mentioning.

Beans

I've got one too, though mine is aimed at people who have practically no idea about Linux.
    http://linux-for-beginners.blogspot.com/

EDIT: i have seen that quite a few users have blogs and web sites, maybe we could create a thread with them all listed?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by richbarna View Post
    I've got one too, though mine is aimed at people who have practically no idea about Linux.
    http://linux-for-beginners.blogspot.com/

EDIT: i have seen that quite a few users have blogs and web sites, maybe we could create a thread with them all listed?
    Very good blog you have! it really has the basics and post-installation necessaries.

Yeah, your idea is great! Do you have any idea how to collect all blogs? I think opening a new thread is an option! But since you came with the idea it's yours to claim

Beans

I started using Ubuntu early this year and for the first couple of months I kept a blog. (http://www.soft72.co.uk/linux)

After a little while I realised that the blog was slowing me down from using Linux and that every bit of useful information that anyone would ever need is here on this forum and in the wiki. Mind you I got bored with bloging alltogether (not just regarding Linux) and haven't updated my web site for yonks - it's still got lots of windows related stuff and a couple of closed source apps for download (I know, I'm going to burn in hell)
    Keep Kickin'

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by pchr View Post
    I started using Ubuntu early this year and for the first couple of months I kept a blog. (http://www.soft72.co.uk/linux)

After a little while I realised that the blog was slowing me down from using Linux and that every bit of useful information that anyone would ever need is here on this forum and in the wiki. Mind you I got bored with bloging alltogether (not just regarding Linux) and haven't updated my web site for yonks - it's still got lots of windows related stuff and a couple of closed source apps for download (I know, I'm going to burn in hell)
    That risk is also one I'm taking. I don't know if I'm going to gather an audience and if I'll enjoy writing after a few months. But he, I just felt I needed to start it. There's always that small tiny 'delete blog' button in my wordpress preferences tab

Beans

pchr/Derek Djohns, I think that everybody has doubts if their own personal blogs are good/bad/useful/worth it etc. I actually found a lot of useful info on other peoples blogs and websites. As most are trying to help computer users in general, I think a mixture of Windows/Linux is good also. I did find it hard to write something that hadn't already been done before, so some things I just provided links to other sites.

As for the blog/website thread, I will give it a try in the cafe and see what the response is. I will also link to your bloggs from mine if nobody has any objections.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by richbarna View Post
    As for the blog/website thread, I will give it a try in the cafe and see what the response is. I will also link to your bloggs from mine if nobody has any objections.
    Great
    And I even feel honored being linked! I'll also link your blogs I've that's alright.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast