Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: who does kde best?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: who does kde best?

Hi I have used KDE on a P2-350 with 256megs ram and it ran though a tad slugish wich I find amazing as I would not even try XP on that system.

Also I have ran KDE on a P4-1.6ghz with 256megs ram and compared to XP it was lightning fast where XP was very slugish. In XP the menu took a long time to launch. Enyways I found KDE much faster and nicer as I prefear the look compared to XP.

Also my experience with Fedora core 5 with KDE I found the package manager took for ever to load.

Also I have heard that actually installing with the Kubuntu CD was supposidly faster than adding KDE to Ubuntu, anyone have any info on this?
    quick program launch left mac type bar

Started by Omnios, December 30th, 2007 11:49 AM

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Minyaliel View Post
    Haha, that's something quite a few do... I downloaded and tried Berry Linux just because of the cute kitten on the default desktop... *likes kitten, disliked the OS*
    i've made a wallpaper with the fish and decided to stick with ubuntu-kubuntu. hopefully, there'll never be a spiderman linux.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

I really like the KDE that ships with Slackware because it is a vanilla KDE with no enhancements/alterations. It is shipped exactly as the developers envisioned. KDE under Slackware is very fast and responsive.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234