Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Football manager 2007

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06

Football manager 2007

Hi, i got hold of FM2007 and i want to play it
    but i cant get it work in wine .. anyone succeed? or know how to get it to work..

>> wine Setup\ FM2007\ PC.exe

fixme:msvcrt:__dllonexit bad table
    fixme:msvcrt:__dllonexit bad table
    fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__sopen : pmode 0x01b6 ignored
    fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__sopen : pmode 0x01b6 ignored

this is what comes up when i try to install :/

thanks in advance!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06

Re: Football manager 2007

no one knows?

just installed latest wine (Wine 0.9.23)

and no more of that error msg i typed down before..

now its the same in the window..

http://www.llamah.se/fm2k7_failed.png <--here is a screenschot

hope someone can help me

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Thumbs up Re: Football manager 2007

EDIT: To use with wine I suggest installing the latest wine (not necessarily the one from the repo's, try the winehq website) and then skipping to post #30 of this thread.

To install updates, instructions lurk in the second part of post #79.

----

Hi i0h, I have tried using Wine with previous versions of Football Manager and had problems.

Yesterday I found an alternative solution, in that Wine is not used, but Football Manager 2007 runs on my 6.06 Dapper. However you will have to have copy of Windows available.

I assume you have used Automatix2 to install many of the goodies for Ubuntu, so hopefully you will have VMware Player installed. You can use this to run a virtual machine of Windows, and then in turn install and run Football Manager 2007 on this virtual Windows.

To create a virtual machine you will most likely want to visit this excellent link which simplifies the process. This website will create a small set of files which act as the base configuration for your virtual machine. Unpack the files and simply double click the .vmx file to start the virtual machine in VMware Player. It will then prompt you for a an installation disk, and you will then have to put your Windows disk in the CD-ROM drive.

Once Windows has installed, and everything is to your pleasing (aside from the fact Windows is being used ) you should be able to install Football Manager as normal into the virtual Windows.

I have only briefly tested this solution, but it appears to run ok. The ingame matches are a bit stop-start, sometimes the 2D pitch has a good frame rate, and other times it slows down to a pathetic 3 fps. It never appears to skip completely, so you will always be able to view what occurred after any slow 3fps periods.

I am running:
    ---Football Manager 2007
    --Windows XP w/SP2
    -VMware Player 1.0.1
    Ubuntu 6.06 (64bit)

Not a great solution due to the presence of Windows however it does mean you will be able to play Football Manager 2007 and not boot your whole computer to Windows.

Now go get Sherman Cardenas (16yr Bucaramanga AMRC) 8)

hope this helps for now, until someone finds a better solution

$
    Last edited by skinny; January 10th, 2007 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Skip to the end

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I have managed to get FM07 running under Wine. I have compiled the latest version of Wine (0.9.24). Have you got the latest version of Java for Windows installed with Wine?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by zarathustra View Post
    I have managed to get FM07 running under Wine. I have compiled the latest version of Wine (0.9.24). Have you got the latest version of Java for Windows installed with Wine?
    Did you have to do anything special to install java in wine?
    I have tried with the latest and an older version, but i can't get it to work...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by oblivion View Post
    Did you have to do anything special to install java in wine?
    I have tried with the latest and an older version, but i can't get it to work...
    I just used the offline installation download for Windows from the Java website, and ran it through Wine.

Beans

Well, i just deleted my .wine and "c" folders and then the java installed on my first try . And it looks like FM is working too! I managed to create a manager in league one and save, so i'm gonna make a cup of coffee and try it a bit further.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

The problem of match highlights going at a crawl seems to have disappeared, at least I found that.

Beans

I managed to get this game working last week using cedega and wine, but after a rebuild of my PC I cant get the cursor to work in wine and when I try cedega I get an error about creating a temporary folder does any one know how to resolve these issues?

Beans

Ignore Previous message got it to work in wine again by setting it too win98

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast