Thread: "Welcome, introduce yourself" Thread

Threaded View

Beans

Red face "Welcome, introduce yourself" Thread

K.Mandla purposed this idea and the forum staff has been kicking it around I decided that this would be a great place and time for a test flight.

A sticky thread in the cafe for new and existing members simply to introduce themselves...a bit of smoozing is OK but keep the discourse down to minimum and preserve this as a thread for members to become more comfortable, and experienced users to offer a friendly welcome.

If you would like to continue dialog with a member of like interest or even similar geographical local, please PM the member directly or start a new thread consisting of inspired discourse.

EDIT: 01/01/2007 after a successful test run of this "sticky thread" this thread has proven to be a primary stable thread in the cafe.

Quote Originally Posted by K.Mandla View Post
    ...this is just for introducing yourself. People can say hi in reply (plus "I'm in the UK too, where are you?" ... that sort of thing),
    Archive of first post:

Quote Originally Posted by hondadriver View Post
    My name is Joshua and I am new to the ubuntu forum/community. I am a website developer and designer (graphics, marketing, etc).

Usually I have a "Linux guy" that magically makes everything work for the websites I make, but I finally took the time to setup an Ubuntu server to play with (so hopefully one day I am my Linux guy ).

I will do my best to search the forums to find the answers I'm looking for, but don't be surprised if I post a question that makes you shake your head.

Cheers!
    Last edited by RAV TUX; January 2nd, 2007 at 05:05 AM.