Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: HOWTO: Rip mp3 using Sound Juicer

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Rip mp3 using Sound Juicer

The plugin id3v2mux only writes ID tags in version 2.4. If your hardware MP3 player doesn't see properly the track, artist and album names it could be because it doesn't support 2.4 tags. The most portable format for ID tags is 2.3, at the moment gstreamer doesn't support this format.

There's a new plugin in gstreamer's bugzilla that adds support for IDv2.3. If you want to try it the instructions are available in the bug comment:

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=459226

Simply download the .tar.gz attached to the bug and follow the instructions in README.txt.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

When I went to Add/Remove and tried to install ubuntu-restricted-extras, it threw an error that I couldn't install the package because another installed package was blocking it. I had to go into Synaptic and select ubuntu-restricted-extras to figure out what package was blocking it. For some reason, I had libavcodec51 installed, (default for Ubuntu??), and I needed libavcodec-unstripped-51. Synaptic verified that I wanted to remove libavcodec51 and install the new one, then it ran through the whole process without a hitch. When it was finished, I loaded up Sound Juicer and the option for "CD Quality, MP3 (.mp3 type)" was in my Output Format drop-down.

RealG187 is offline Chocolate-Covered Ubuntu Beans
    Beans

How can I rip to MP3 at 64 Kppb?

Code:
    audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,channels=2 ! lame name=enc mode=0 bitrate=64 ! id3v2mux
    Shows up in sound-juicer's preferences but not Rhythmbox's
    Last edited by RealG187; July 17th, 2009 at 04:22 AM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678