Thread: sdlmame. an up to date sdl port of mame

Threaded View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

sdlmame. an up to date sdl port of mame (+ frontend)

searching for the latest version of xmame i came to x.mame.net logically. There i found this.

the latest newsmessage on http://x.mame.net/ states
    I thought it might be good to let you know that we're still alive, but that there's been a change in the past couple of months: I've stepped down as maintainer and command has been assumed by Laurent Desnogues. Unfortunately for him, he stepped in during the big video rewrite for MAME 0.107, and it's going to take some time and effort to get xmame and xmess working again.

In the meantime, if you'd like to play with 0.108, I recommend that you try SDLmame and SDLmess, which are available from Arbee's WIP Emporium. Laurent is basing his work off of RB and OG's baby, so you'll have an idea of what's in store. RPMs for Fedora Core 5 and 6 are also available, courtesy of XulChris.
    it's a complete new port of the windows version of mame to SDL. AND the latest version 0.110u1 which in fact is the latest version of mame. So if you feel that xmame v0.106 is a bit outdated. Check it out. Unfortunately there isn't a .deb package.

NESFreak
    Last edited by NESFreak; November 24th, 2006 at 06:19 PM.