Thread: Theme Replaced Gnome Foot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Theme Replaced Gnome Foot

What do I need to change to change the icon pack im using the make it so it doesn't change the gnome foot in the top left, here is a picture for reference.

Btw, the icon pack i am using is located here. Everything about it is awesome except for that bloody foot... http://art.gnome.org/themes/icon/569/

Beans

Re: Theme Replaced Gnome Foot

Quote Originally Posted by thechitowncubs
    What do I need to change to change the icon pack im using the make it so it doesn't change the gnome foot in the top left, here is a picture for reference.

Btw, the icon pack i am using is located here. Everything about it is awesome except for that bloody foot... http://art.gnome.org/themes/icon/569/
    I don't understand if you do or don't want to change the foot to be something else. Do you want to install the icon pack and leave the foot or install the pack and change the foot as well?

Anyway the "icon" for the foot is located here: /usr/share/pixmaps/gnome-logo-icon-transparent.png

That will change the foot, it has to be a specific size and format etc and I don't know what that should be but if you want to change it to the Ubuntu logo you can follow the instructions here.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by hazza96
    I don't understand if you do or don't want to change the foot to be something else. Do you want to install the icon pack and leave the foot or install the pack and change the foot as well?

Anyway the "icon" for the foot is located here: /usr/share/pixmaps/gnome-logo-icon-transparent.png

That will change the foot, it has to be a specific size and format etc and I don't know what that should be but if you want to change it to the Ubuntu logo you can follow the instructions here.
    I know how to change the default... but how do I modify the icon theme so that it doesn't replace it?

Beans
    Distro

find the icon in the icon theme and rename it...to anything. I just usually append DEF to it like form
    gnome-main-menu.png
    to
    gnome-main-menuDEF.png

DEF=default
    Caps for visability. But that's just me I guess.