Page 17 of 111 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: HowTo Install the Latest Firefox in Ubuntu (Ultimate HowTo)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: HOWTO: Install Firefox 1.5 from mozilla.org

FF 1.5rc2 3 tabs/sites open and all plugins disabled used 120mb of memory, compared to Opera 3 tabs/sites 50mb. Both left running over 2hrs time. FF was fun while it lasted. Can someone tell me if the virtual memory usage matters? I can't seam to find the app's physical memory usage.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

How can I know have I correctly installed Mozilla Firefox 1.5 RC3? In the about dialog it still shows build date 20051111, but I have removed the folder of 1.5 RC2.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by manicka
    Firefox doesn't update itself that way, only the plugins/themes etc. You'll need to download the tarball and replace the directory in /opt as per the how-to
    Thanks for answering, but I think you are probably wrong about that, see the snapshot of my firefox preferences.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snapshot.png 
Views:	93 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	3685  
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Beans

I tried to install both 1.5rc2 and 1.5rc3 in breezy by strictly following the instructions, but got segfaults. Any ideas?

/opt/firefox/run-mozilla.sh: line 131: 7726 Segmentation fault "$prog" ${1+"$@"}
    Last edited by zwz; November 19th, 2005 at 01:44 AM.

Beans

Ok so, I think this is a question I been wondering, can we use themes, because I downloadeda theme and it didn't want to work everytime i restarted firefox..
    A freelancer | The GIMP Compilation

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy
    Thanks for answering, but I think you are probably wrong about that, see the snapshot of my firefox preferences.
    I just found this at mozilla forums:
    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=343101
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Footer
    Has anyone noticed that FF 1.5 RC1 eats up your processor after several hours...like <24 for me. If I leave it running, the processor gets maxxed out in <24 hours. Maybe this has been taken care of in RC2 (or RC3?). I remember reading that others were having this problem with 1.0.X as well ... Maybe it's related to the kernel I'm running which is currently 2.6.12-9-k7 (AMD Athlon XP 3000+ processor)?

Any thoughts/observations, greatly appreciated!

It's BAAAAACK!!! I'm now running FF 1.5 RC3 and in less than 24 hours, my processor CPU load was maxxed at 100%. Closed/reopened FF and all is well, back to about 4-5%. Still running 2.6.12-9-k7 kernel ... Anyone else experiencing this? I sure hope they get this fixed before the final release.

Thanks.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Footer
    It's BAAAAACK!!! I'm now running FF 1.5 RC3 and in less than 24 hours, my processor CPU load was maxxed at 100%. Closed/reopened FF and all is well, back to about 4-5%. Still running 2.6.12-9-k7 kernel ... Anyone else experiencing this? I sure hope they get this fixed before the final release.

Thanks.
    Are you running any extensions?
    I had similar problems and I think it was because of the user agent switcher i had loaded. Mine is running at 120 mb right now. Seems to be normal.

Mark

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by zwz
    I tried to install both 1.5rc2 and 1.5rc3 in breezy by strictly following the instructions, but got segfaults. Any ideas?
    I traced it down to SCIM. If scim is removed, firefox 1.5rc starts up normally. But since I cannot live without SCIM, I'll have to downgrade to 1.0.7.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by zwz
    I traced it down to SCIM. If scim is removed, firefox 1.5rc starts up normally. But since I cannot live without SCIM, I'll have to downgrade to 1.0.7.
    what is SCIM ? I had posted on the enormous memory consumption earlier, any fixes?

Page 17 of 111 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast