Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Shameless plug]Wikipedia article

Beans

[Shameless plug]Wikipedia article

Hi, over at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...dows_and_Linux, we are lacking Linux extremists. Right now, spam it up with meaningful information until we find someone who likes and uses Windows. Please?

Oh, and if you know anyone who likes Windows, please redirect them over there to the article. We can't find any people.

Thanks for your patience.
    Last edited by -Slash-; January 5th, 2007 at 07:00 AM.

Beans

Re: [Shameless plug]Wikipedia article

out of topic:
    does anyone see what i see. a good way to make advertising. you get on this forum and you put a catchy title to it and voila. people are going to click your link. hahhaha i could make billions.

just kidding. this post is pretty much reated. i'm talking generally.

Beans

That's true. By the way, check out my new website: http://ubuntu.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I don't have a Wikipedia account and I'm too lazy to register for one. But that page says that there's only one window manager available for Windows. This isn't true - there are several derivatives of Blackbox that run on Windows.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans

I never knew that such a article existed. Thanks for the info. Since I don't know much about both Linux and M$ I don't feel like I should edit this article.
    Educate men without faith and you make them clever devils
    Educate men without Linux, then yeah, the opposite happens
    Let Chakra guide the way
    U.3F

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Okaaaaaay...
    That worths a laugh. No, really. Everything in Linux make it hard to compare with everything in Windows.
    "Windows has several editions", and that´s ok. "Linux has many distributions, some of which have different editions as well", and that´s bad.
    "instability can be caused by poorly written programs" combined with "Open Source is developed by users for users: oftentimes paid programmers and consultants will modify a program to meet a particular user's need, or users may develop it themselves to meet their needs", makes Open Source sounds like trash.
    And, c´mon guys, "Viruses have been written for Windows, many thousand have been propagated", but that´s ok, because Linux has also some viruses?
    So, for the author of this article, I could say: stay on windows. It´s a matter of choice (as always) and laziness.
    For us, don´t bother; we´ve seen it before, and we´ll keep reading more and more articles like that.
    Now, let me get back to my Windows workstation here @ office - guess what, found a virus!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdalbum View Post
    I don't have a Wikipedia account and I'm too lazy to register for one. But that page says that there's only one window manager available for Windows. This isn't true - there are several derivatives of Blackbox that run on Windows.
    You don't need an account.

And yeah, the article kinda sucks right now. That's why I'm trying to get someone who knows what they're talking about to come.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by -Slash- View Post
    You don't need an account.

And yeah, the article kinda sucks right now. That's why I'm trying to get someone who knows what they're talking about to come.
    Scrolling through that article makes it feel like the "The neutrality of this article is disputed." warning is justified. No point in making it even more so.

BTW nice website!

Edit: reading the talk page it seems as the article was considered for deletion If we bias it even more maybe it will be deleted, we can't have that. People trust wikipedia, link to that page and people will surely fall in love with Linux! It mustn't be deleted for the sake of our future and our childrens future!

/sarkasm

Edit2: Lol at the "Juicy Info" section in the talk page. If you are being sarcastic/ironic/whatever it would be good if you were a little more clear about it. BTW where are you going to find "windows fans" I've never encountered such a creature before.
    Last edited by Engnome; January 6th, 2007 at 04:47 AM.

Beans

No, really. We need someone who is skilled at Linux and someone skilled at Windows to duke it out. Our article is **** at the present.

And don't worry, after you make it immensely POV, someone else will come in. We're not interested in making them seem equal, we're interested in presenting all the facts. We already know which OS is going to win. =)

Hey, I just found the creature I'm looking for! A rare specimen. http://z4.invisionfree.com/Enigma314...#entry12018367
    I'm not sure if I should post the link, though...

Beans
    Hidden!

Hi, over at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...dows_and_Linux, we are lacking Linux extremists. Right now, spam it up with meaningful information until we find someone who likes and uses Windows. Please?
    I like how you are blatantly telling people to vandalize a valuable resource for the public. And by that I mean you sicken me. Ten seconds of reading that article suggests that those of you who are spamming it (if indeed there is anyone other than the vandal who started this thread who is obscene enough to do so) have the technical knowledge of two-year-old children, and are slightly less coherent.

If we bias it even more maybe it will be deleted
    It should be deleted anyway. It doesn't serve even the slightest purpose, and as is a large majority of the information on both Windows and Linux is remarkably inaccurate, not to mention completely infested with opinions, conjecture, and an apparent aversion to citation (as if you could cite opinion or conjecture). The article reads like a post from a Myspace user. It is laughable that Wikipedia did not delete this a long time ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast