Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A nice idea!! (read please)

Beans

Lightbulb A nice idea!! (read please)

Recently on OSNEWS appeared a review of Ubuntu that deprecate the lack of an equivalent of K3B for Gnome.
    Using K3B under GNome is not so great... really.
    So, why don't work for a better and complete GnomeBaker (http://www.gnomefiles.org/app.php?soft_id=291) using the source (asking the author, of course) and an integration in Ubuntu??
    It would be amazing!

Beans

Re: A nice idea!! (read please)

I've joined Luke(the author of GnomeBaker) and helped him a little bit. I made a new splash screen(see atachment). I am also beta testing the upcoming 0.2 version, he has implemented D'n'D for Audio Files creation(you can drag mp3s from nautilus for example), new interface, new icons, save to ISO, write ISO image and many more If you're interested, please contact me on ICQ.

Cheers,
    gamehack
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

I'm interested...really!
    But I've no ICQ...sadly
    Could you sende me a mail? I could help you a little!

Beans

This is very important work for the gnome and ubuntu desktop. Canonical should hire Luke to get a good version ready for hoary. The only thing I miss in gnome is a k3b equilavent. The nautilus cd-burning thing is to limited. Having gnomebaker integrated into the filemenu in nautilus's burn: location would be nice.

Beans

Some excellent ideas here. I'd be willing to help.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Jspired
    Some excellent ideas here. I'd be willing to help.
    me tooo....maybe beta-test? I'm not a skilled programmer!!

Beans

Excellent idea, I will reccomend this to higher staff. If anyone has contact methods with the author please have them email me at magnesix109@hotmail.com I would like to announce some good deeds. Thankyou.
    Regards,
    FL-ei-|X|-iu-S
    ][ My Blog ][

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

I'm more of a Coaster guy, it seems to be most in tune with GNOME2 ideals than anything I've seen thus far.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I want to see Nautilus CD Burner improvements. I think taking this Windows-XP-ish idea to the next level would be in our best interest. I want to see the cd creator show new menus for making audio CD's, copying cd's, etc. Hopefully GNOME 2.10 will have something of this sort.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxradar
    Linux's audio architecture is more like the layers of the Earth's crust than the network model, with lower levels occasionally erupting on to the surface, causing confusion and distress, and upper layers moving to displace the underlying technology that was originally hidden

Beans

Coaster looks very well integrated to nautilus. Looks almost like they're running human theme too
    Simpler interface. Maybe Gnomebaker isn't spatial enough for gnome. I like them both.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast