Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burning Crusade upgrade in Linux!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Burning Crusade upgrade in Linux!

Quote Originally Posted by Poka64 View Post
    Do I copy all the contents from all the CDs to the same folder or do I have to have seperate folders for each CD?
    Should probably be all in the same folder, different folders will just not work for the installationg process. The IMPORTANT files will have different files names, random unimportant files like autorun.inf can just we overwritten as you go.

Beans

Worked fine with me, just from the cd, actually didn't work when i copied to the computer lol

Beans

WHen using cedega though it crashes at log-in

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

toupeiro-It could be my imagination, but I went ahead and linked this installation into Cedega, and started playing with some of the render and video options and I could swear it made a difference, but the only way I will know for sure is when I install it in Windows
    I just upgraded under Cedega and I have to admit it looks much better. Their is a noticeable difference.

Beans

The original game works fine, but when running Installer.exe after I've copied all the disc contents, I get the error "No installer data could be found. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support." What should I do?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

why are you bothering to copy the cd images?

I installed the game by just clicking on the install.exe file.....or maybe I did it by going to the cd's directory and typing wine install.exe, I cant remember. Anyway, when it asks for a new cd, just enter wine eject into a terminal and stick the next one in. Its a lot easier then copying everything, then installing it. Burning crusade installed just like it would in windows.

Beans

My cd-rom drive has big issues in Ubuntu for some reason, so I had to grab the ISOs from 'another source' (I did buy the game of course, I have already upgraded my account from another machine running windows). So I copied the contents of the ISOs into one folder, but wine gives me that error. Given that I cannot use my cd-rom drive, is there anything I can do?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by cgrenier View Post
    My cd-rom drive has big issues in Ubuntu for some reason, so I had to grab the ISOs from 'another source' (I did buy the game of course, I have already upgraded my account from another machine running windows). So I copied the contents of the ISOs into one folder, but wine gives me that error. Given that I cannot use my cd-rom drive, is there anything I can do?
    You should be able to mount the ISOs one at a time and install it from the mounted images.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12