Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official reaction to this board?

Beans

Official reaction to this board?

I was just wondering if there has been any official reaction to this board from ubuntu/canonical.

From their website it seems that they are planning an official board, so is there a chance that this will become that official board at some point? Or will this one fizz out when the official board comes online?

Just curious.

Beans
    Nothing official that I am aware of. I emailed the Ubuntu Dev's about four weeks ago about this project so hopefully we can work together. But I havent heard back.

Beans

Re: Official reaction to this board?

Honestly, I would not think that this should be a problem. Some folks (like me) do not have the time to eat through 600 messages a day

Beans
    Exactly why I created this forum with the interactive mailing list.. Cheers!

Beans

We haven't made a decision on official forums yet, but several of the dev team hang out here, and we'll keep on doing user support here.
    daniel dot stone at ubuntu dot com

Beans

I've been in touch with the team over at canonical/ubuntu they will be linking to the site for now and it will still be "unnoficial" for the time being. Hopefully the relationship will turn into a great one and benefit the Ubuntu community even further.

ubunut rocks!! =D>

Beans
    Quote Originally Posted by ubuntu-geek
    Exactly why I created this forum with the interactive mailing list.. Cheers!
    Yeah, that's quite cool. So how did you do that then? I might want to do that for this forum too.

Beans
    Hidden!

first of all: it would be nice if this forum can work together with the developers and become semi-official or official. second: the idea with the mailing list included is okay, but how about a link "show recent topics/messages" without the mailing list. reading all the mailing list stuff when checking new postings/problems of users takes away a lot of time. so a "double-option" would be nice imho.

Beans

ubuntu-geek,

Geat idea with the forum. Definitely easier to navigate then the Mailing Lists. I stll use both but forum is slowly becoming preffered choice for asking qustions or answering them. I am glad some of the Devs are popping over here to too answer questions.

Triad

Beans

I hope that this forum does not fizzle out if there happens to be an official forum someday. I have only been here for a few days but i love it. The more the merier but it gets too complicated when there are 10,000 people posting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast