Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

HOWTO: Install WINE and Diablo II LOD

The old guide has been removed.

The NEW guide is found here:
    http://www.krazypenguin.net/Diablo_I...per_using_Wine

including an Ubuntu Dapper Guide.

Good luck!!!
    Last edited by KrazyPenguin; May 31st, 2006 at 09:42 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 6.06

Re: HOWTO: Install WINE and Diablo II LOD

sweet Can anyone confirm that this works? I had a friend that used wine to emulate diablo 2 but he has troubles with random crashes, no problem with that here?

Aint cedega better to use then wine? what is the difference?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Nasso
    sweet Can anyone confirm that this works? I had a friend that used wine to emulate diablo 2 but he has troubles with random crashes, no problem with that here?

Aint cedega better to use then wine? what is the difference?
    Yes, I confirm that this works. I used it with Mepis and I have updated the guide to work with Ubuntu.

No random crashes. I just started playing again and my Sorc is level 50, and I haven't crashed once

Cedega might be better, but WINE is FREE

And at the end of the guide I ask a question about disabling the alt-key + left click mouse button in Gnome.
    Well..... I figured it out on my own and here is the answer incase anybody wants to know:
    To pick up items while holding down the <alt> key, the alt key must be disabled.
    Open System -> Preferences -> Windows -> Where it says “Movement Key” switch it form “Alt” to “Super”

If you want to find out if this works then just try it. It will probably take about 30 minutes to install and configure.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyPenguin
    Yes, I confirm that this works. I used it with Mepis and I have updated the guide to work with Ubuntu.

No random crashes. I just started playing again and my Sorc is level 50, and I haven't crashed once

Cedega might be better, but WINE is FREE

And at the end of the guide I ask a question about disabling the alt-key + left click mouse button in Gnome.
    Well..... I figured it out on my own and here is the answer incase anybody wants to know:
    To pick up items while holding down the <alt> key, the alt key must be disabled.
    Open System -> Preferences -> Windows -> Where it says “Movement Key” switch it form “Alt” to “Super”

If you want to find out if this works then just try it. It will probably take about 30 minutes to install and configure.
    will try. just got a 10 gb hdd in my laptop though so i need to do some cleanup i used to have a windowspartition and a linuxpartition on that hdd before, just for diablo 2. now i wont need it anymore. thanks!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: HOWTO: Install WINE and Diabo II LOD

Darn! This comes a couple of weeks after I sold Diablo 2 and LOD because Cedega didn't want to play!

Beans

Nice one.
    But, I have some problems here. When I try to run it fullscreen, the gnome-panel is still above the game. Run in a window the mouse has serious problems and there are areas I can't move my mouse to. For example the whole right side, about two or three inches is blocked.
    Performance is also really poor. Also I could run the game full on high detail under windows without problems and I am using 2D now...
    Any tweaking tips?

Beans

I am now using cedega and it works nearly flawlessly, even 3D
    Only the little tweak to use a no-cd crack didn't work for me. I have tried different cracks, none worked, has anyone a crack that works and is so nice to tell me where he/she got it from?
    Also battle.net doesn't recognize my version... no idea why

edit:
    damn at the same time I post this I remember why this could be
    I didn't even install LOD with cedega, I just started it with it, becouse I already had installed it with this How-To for wine. Well it works, but obviously it (should?) could create some little errors and this might be the reason
    Last edited by nickless; July 24th, 2005 at 04:49 PM.

Beans

Hey,

I bought my Diablo and I have made backup copies, now since I have moved the only cd's I found are my backups...and when I try to play after I install it says to verify that my Expansion Disk is in the drive. I am assuming it's because I don;t have my original. Is there anyway to still play my game? I am running XP Home
    512 of DDRAM, P4. Thanks a lot if you can help!\Mat

Beans

Use a no-cd crack, but I guess you have to copy all .mpq files from the expansion disk to your diablo II folder...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I tired this with gnome and it all seemed to work fine, the installation went smooth...real smooth. But when i type in the command to play, it says it can't find game.exe. I wonder what to type?

-SD-

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast