Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: audioconvert! the new super script to convet audio files!

Beans

Re: audioconvert! the new super script to convet audio files!

do you need lame or any other program for this, or is it standalone? Cause LAME confuses me, and I gave up on trying to figure it out with a headache. :3 This seems simpler.

I'd stick with OGG, but I need a format that goes onto iPod shuffle. therefore, MP3. ^^ Thanks for this script, I hope it works for me!
    Current System: Acer Aspire One D255E Netbook.

Beans

hi everyone!

version 0.2.4 is out! go to http://freshmeat.net/projects/audio-convert to download it! the new features include: files with dots in their name are now recognized, thus supported. completely rewrote filetype checks for efficency. this means, the program now runs faster! polish translation added. bug fixes!

as usual i remind you that any new translation or updates to existin' translations are more than welcome! i want this program to be as international as possible! also any suggestion to improvements, pointin' bugs out and all kind of feedback are always welcome!

moose6589. i think there's a good chance your files weren't supported because there was one or more dots in their name. try the new version out and let me know!

urbandryad. you do need lame installed, but you do not use lame directly. the program uses it for you, based on the graphical choices you make. it's as simple as a few clicks away! try it and let me know!

that's it for now. keep givin' me the awesome feedback you've been givin' me so far, and i'll keep answerin'!

ciao!

edo

Beans

Hi,
    I have had a small problem: When selecting multiple WMA files in order to convert to MP3, the output files seem to come out too small, and play at the wrong speed (too fast). When you select just one file, the transcoded MP3 file comes out perfectly and so there may be a problem in one of your for loops that are invoked when multiple files are being handled - either decoding of WMA and writing to WAV or the subsequent re-encoding into MP3 - I don't know which!

-----
    This script is a really great idea and would help me out immensely due to my VERY messy music collection. SoundConverter for GNOME doesn't seem to be working for me (doesn't produce any output files), and SoundKonverter for KDE wouldn't compile properly either.

Keep up the good work, PJS

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Hello,

it looks great. Anyway, i tried to convert from MPC to MP3 and when the menu appears, i can only select FLAC, ogg or wav.
    What do i need to install? Lame, flac, vorbis-tools, libid3, zenity already installed.

Thank you

Beans

When converting to mp3, nothing happens. It asks me for the ID3 information, then says it's complete. Also when working with an mp3 file, there is no option to convert to mp3 (to change the bitrates and such).

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

just tried the script out in ROX. Have installed the 0.3.1 deb package. Works well - thanks very much for this

I do have a couple of suggestions - it would be great to have the option to choose the output directory. Currently this defaults to the same dir as the file to be converted.

Problem with this is - I have a bunch of files on an NTFS volume (mounted read-only) which I want to convert. I tried converting a file. The script did its thing and exited without converting (obviously couldn't write the new file). No problem there except that there was no error message to let me know why. Not so hard to work out why it failed, but for less experienced users it might seem as though the script is broken.

The workaround is to copy the files to a writable volume and then convert. And then delete the original files. However, if there was an option to choose the output directory these extra steps could be avoided. Might also avoid the need for an error message?

Anyway, other than that I think this is an excellent script. It's so nice to just right click and convert. Thanks heaps
    A Gentleman is one who can play the bagpipes, yet chooses not to.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Great script - I love it

Thank you thank you thank you!!

Beans

This script no longer works/is broken in Karmic.

Ape files come across as unsupported. Please update the script.

Beans

are "If" loops set up a decision structure ?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345