Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Enlightened Gnome: The Ultimate in Ubuntu Eye Candy

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Enlightened Gnome: The Ultimate in Ubuntu Eye Candy

pranith, what exactly is the command you are trying to issue with enlightenment_remote?

If you could give more detail as to what you are trying to accomplish, I may be able to help...

-- UDSF | Tango Desktop Project --

-- openSUSE 11.3 / Ubuntu 10.04 --

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pranith
    i have a serious problem.....

when i run "enlightenment_remote ...."

i am gettin this error

""WARNING: not a utf8 locale!
    ERROR: Enlightenment_remote cannot set up the IPC socket.
    Maybe try the '-display :0.0' option?""

i donno wat to do.....cud neone help me with that???
    In which version? E16 or 17?
    Those folks who try to impose analog rules on digital content will find themselves on the wrong side of the tidal wave.
    - Mark Shuttleworth

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by zarathustra
    The closest I have is:

1,RestartCommand=gnome-panel --sm-config-prefix /gnome-panel-WYG2EA/ --sm-client-id

Is there something wrong with my installation? That line isn't in the file any where.
    I had the same problem. An nice alternative to editing this file is to use the gnome sessions utility in system-preferences. Follow the instructions from trilliji in this thread:http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=21160

The e16 enlightened gnome is nice and fast Thanks for all the help.
    Though i'm still searching for a way to limit the desktop 'slide' to just the top right hand corner and not the whole right hand side of the screen. pretty annoying as default i would say.
    Last edited by wo.anderer; August 10th, 2005 at 09:47 AM. Reason: add quote

Beans

I gotta tell ya I tried this with both E17 and E16 and they both looked really bad and went really slow, I may have been doing something wrong though anyways I kinda like metacity so I guess I'll stick with it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Quote Originally Posted by wo.anderer
    Though i'm still searching for a way to limit the desktop 'slide' to just the top right hand corner and not the whole right hand side of the screen. pretty annoying as default i would say.
    If you right click on the desktop and select "virtual desktop settings" you can increase the resistance at the edge of the screen - so the flip doesn't happen so readily. I think the default is way too low, but I never flip accidentaly after increasing the resistance.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Omnios
    Um dumb question but how can I set this up so there is a seperate entry to log into gnome and E-gnome. I still want to be able to log into regular gnome. That will allow me to play around with E-16 for a while and still have gnome if I need to lol. Figure I have to make a entry with enlightenment set up with gnome. Man 10 pages already maybe you can edit the fist post with all the goodies?
    I also would like to figure this one out. I tried a few things with NO positive outcomes. I have everything up and running again but if anyone has any suggestions on this it would be appreciated if you could throw out a few pointers. Thanks! Kck

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Anyone want to tell me how to change the background in E16?

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

Quote Originally Posted by NMUrugbysteve
    Anyone want to tell me how to change the background in E16?
    Open up a terminal or nautilus, and change to the directory ~/.enlightenment (use CTRL-L in nautilus, just cd in a terminal). Put any wallpapers you want in that folder and restart enlightenment (middle-click, user menus, restart enlightenment); they'll show up in the desktop background settings now. I actually did something else; I already had a folder called Wallpaper in my home folder that I put all my wallpaper into, so I did the following:
    Code:
    cd ~/.enlightenment/
    rmdir backgrounds
    ln -s ~/Wallpaper backgrounds
    Also, in E16.7, there's a nice new feature; instead of having to use the desktop background settings thing in E, the menu itself will show you thumbnails of all your wallpaper, and you can pick from there.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJazz
    I gotta tell ya I tried this with both E17 and E16 and they both looked really bad and went really slow, I may have been doing something wrong though anyways I kinda like metacity so I guess I'll stick with it.
    A: Its not for everyone.

B: the default themes do suck.
    Those folks who try to impose analog rules on digital content will find themselves on the wrong side of the tidal wave.
    - Mark Shuttleworth

Beans

Thanks for the great how to! Here's a screenshot if anyone is interested:

http://compy.gotdns.com/bfiser/e17.png

E17 with gnome, Ice Theme from the website mentioned in the howto, clearlooks-quicksilver gnome theme (they match perfectly). Xcompmgr isn't running because of the screen distortion thing I mentioned in one of my earlier posts. I'm using several modules from emodules.

Also, if anyone knows where I can find an enlightenment module that is an RSS reader, that would be excellent.

Thanks again for the great howto.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast