Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5.10: Netinstall Floppies

Beans

Re: 5.10: Netinstall Floppies

i can install badger directly from downloaded ISO, the ISO is in a partition/folder,, thanks
    Not for a normal install. PC's do not boot to ISO files. If you are going to run it inside of VMWare then VMWare can boot an ISO file.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mr_mop
    Thanks for this, its great!

Is it possible to modify this so that it only does the server install and not the full system?
    Just interrupt the internet connection after the initial reboot.

Beans

if the network install locks up at say... "66% configuring python 2.4" is there a way to resume without having to download everything before that over again???
    "Better sleep with a sober cannibal than a drunken Christian." -Ishmael (Moby ****)

IBM T60p 12.04ubuntu

Beans

After booting with the boot floppy, all I get is the grub prompt.. Any ideas how to proceed?

This is an old fujitsu lifebook with a pcmcia cd-rom drive. Is there any way to be able to boot straight from cd? I'm running breezy on desktop and having a win98 laptop is creeping me out..

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kaamos
    After booting with the boot floppy, all I get is the grub prompt.. Any ideas how to proceed?
    Odd. My guess would be either a corrupted image (So GRUB can't read the disk), or maybe GRUB just doesn't work with your laptop BIOS (Not likely, since win98 sounds like it boots fine and GRUB uses the same BIOS interrupts).

I'd suggest downloading the image parts again, reconstituting the image and writing it out to a different disk. If it still doesn't work then you might try the PXE netboot option https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Installation...NetbootInstall if your hardware supports it.

Beans

Hi this has really helped me out alot (installing it as we speak yummy!) just a note or two.

1.) make sure u fully format the disks first or buy new ones( 2nd option is much better)

2.) have patience

for the person installing on a life book (i have the lovely little b110) check your disks and re-download each disk if needed.
    after booting to grub and selecting the ubuntu network install it will go through the boot disk and request the first disk the rest should follow

Beans

I feel like naming my next kid Curufir. This is like HamaRamaKwanzMas come early!

Thank You!!!!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Nice thanks for this, finaly a easy way to install ubuntu on my old laptop

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Man, this really saved my day! Thanks a lot!!! I owe you big time!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

By the way.. After reboot my install on an old Gateway Solo 2550 also hang and left me with a boot prompt and no network access. But after initializing the dhclient (sudo dhclient eth0) it all worked out fine with sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop. Or so it seems (still installing

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast