Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: HOWTO: replace totem with mplayer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: HOWTO: replace totem with mplayer

To remove totem from mozilla you have to remove plugin.conf in mozilla dir. So that plugins can be reconfigurated
    Im still in OpenSource age but I hope that through the years I will reach for the Free nirvana that is waiting me out there.
    Visit Ubuntu.si forums | My great blog Christoossov pasijon - Slovene version | Passion of the Christooss - English version

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

mozplugger won't know to remove the Totem plugin for Firefox. You need to do that manually.
    Code:
    sudo rm *totem*
    when executed in /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins should do the trick. For my embedded media, I use mozilla-mplayer rather than mozplugger.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I'm sorry for the really basic question, but, how do you run scripts?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

sh yourscript

or

chmod +x yourscript
    ./yourscript
    Im still in OpenSource age but I hope that through the years I will reach for the Free nirvana that is waiting me out there.
    Visit Ubuntu.si forums | My great blog Christoossov pasijon - Slovene version | Passion of the Christooss - English version

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

this still applies in 6.06 (dapper drake); I realize the post is in the breezy badger category, but everything works, except the new link to the codecs is: http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/rel...060611.tar.bz2.

Once they're un-zipped and un-tarred, to the desktop, here's the commands I used to get them into my /usr/local/lib/codec directory, since 6.06 doesn't use /usr/local/win32:

Code:
    sudo cp /home/~user_name~/Desktop/essential-20060611/* /usr/local/lib/codecs/
    (please remember to replace the ~user_name~ with your login, don't copy and paste! you learn code much better when you have to type it yourself!)

since this was the first hit on google to address my needs directly, I thought I'd be nice enough to add my experience/two cents!

j

Beans

good point about removing the plugings file, maybe the original post will get updated to help others?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789