Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Automatix: Automated Graphical Installer and Tweaker (look here first!)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Re: Automatix: Automated Graphical Installer and Tweaker (look here first!)

hmmm, I installed automatix per these instructions. Then installed most of the list. I noticed A LOT of depency errors scrolling by. When it was all said and done, I had a bunch of broken links in my menus, didn't have several apps chosen form the list in the menus at all (Listen was one). All in all, it was a train wreck. However, given the 50 pages of kudos I see here, I'm willing to give it another go.

I'm going to:
    reintall Dapper from the Desktop CD, install the k7 kernel, enable the rest of the ubuntu repos, update the system, then install automatix per those same instructions. This time I'll install the stuff in automatix 1 at a time, and I"ll note my errors here...

Beans

I'm getting the following errors:

root@Ind:/# automatix
    GTK Accessibility Module initialized
    cat: /root/automatix.log: No such file or directory
    Codename: dapper
    Warning: Tried to connect to session manager, Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed
    root@Ind:/#

Any help please. thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by elemental666
    This time I'll install the stuff in automatix 1 at a time, and I"ll note my errors here...
    OK so far, all i've come across is a Java dependancy issue. java5_bin, java5_jre and java5_plugin seem to be suffering from some sort of circular dependancy issue. Synaptic was able to repair the broken java5_plugin package and I have resumed installing apps.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Hi, I'm just letting you know that after installing various packages with Automatix it broke all my sound- somehow changing the samplerate so that all audio is horribly buzzy and garbled.

I'm trying to figure out what was changed so I can set the saplerate back to 48000- what I hope will fix the problem.

other than that automatix was a handy tool

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Is there any way that you can add that it installs plugins for opera browser. Thanks

Beans

Firefox plugins?

1. Nice tool!

2. The installation of the firefox plugins does not work for me. It does not download or install anything after I click <OK>.

3. How can the installed packages be updated?

Beans

Re: Firefox plugins?

I figured out my sound issue... Just an FYI for anyone having similar issues - open up your sound control and enable everything in playback and turn it up... That's it - or that was it for me. I think Dapper was recognizing anything and everything that had a chip that handled audio as a sound card - well something like that anyhow... I don't think it was automatix.

Beans

I was wondering if uninstalling some of this stuff is as easy as point in click in the package manager, because i don't need some of these things but most of them I do. sorry for the newb post
    thanks

Beans

When I run Automatix in Dapper, the script stalls out when trying to connect to ftp.free.fr/pub/Distrobutions/....... Does anyone else have this problem? It's like that site doesn't exist!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Got this just now and it's a great app!! All the things I need minus the fighting with Linux 10/10

Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast