Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW-TO: Building amaroK from SVN source

Beans

Re: HOW-TO: Building amaroK from SVN source

and higher requires kreadconfig, which wasn't found in your $PATH! Any ideas?
    Sounds like that's a part of KDE's language pack:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install language-pack-kde-en-base
    Here's a great troubleshooting tool:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install apt-file
    sudo apt-file update
    After installation you can type apt-file search filename to see what package a file might be in.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by mlomker
    Dr Nick, sorry for accidentally editing your post. That's the second time that I've done that this week. I shouldn't work on the computer while drinking Guinness, I guess.
    No Problem, I was gone at the time Admin privleages must be nice, hehe. I didnt mess up at the dependency part, I think it may have been when it asked for options to pass at configure. I found out that using a -r while launching the script resets the configuration so I am now trying again

Quote Originally Posted by souled
    I installed everything but the kdebase, and when I run the script I get ERROR: get-amarok-svn.sh 1.4 and higher requires kreadconfig, which wasn't found in your $PATH! Any ideas?
    I bet you need kdebase, I have gotten that error before I started using this howto
    Last edited by Dr. Nick; October 22nd, 2005 at 08:03 PM.

Beans

Admin privleages must be nice, hehe.
    It's actually not hard to become staff around here--just help a lot of people and be polite, etc. The other admins will notice and bring you up. I'm always looking for KDE users to join my team and staff are drawn from those teams.

I bet you need kdebase, I have gotten that error before I started using this howto
    I checked the contents of that package and it doesn't mention kreadconfig. I created this how-to using a box with both ubuntu-desktop and kubuntu-desktop installed. There's no way for me to test every possible permutation, though. I kind of expect the first few posters to help me refine the how-to!

Thanks.
    Last edited by mlomker; October 22nd, 2005 at 08:09 PM.

I installed that language pack, but I still got the same error, so I installed kdebase, and the script seems to be working so far.

Beans

kdebase, and the script seems to be working so far.
    Thanks! I'll list it as required. I thought it might be optional because it's the piece required to integrate amaroK into Konqueror.

Beans
    Distro

EDIT
    It works, I just re-ran the script and poked aound a bit and it started to work. I imagine most of the problems I had were due to my messy system, It remembered all the settings I had from the repo version so I know it didnt remove all the stuff it should have.

The instrutions provided should be correct then. I may just reinstall or really scrub my system squeaky clean and try again as a few things dont work right, the tray icon launches in another app which is weird and makes it hard to close

Thanks and I hope it works easier on a clean system for others.
    EDIT
    Last edited by Dr. Nick; October 22nd, 2005 at 08:49 PM.

Beans

Don't run gdb, valgrind, etc. against this binary! Use amarokapp.
    Did you see this post in the other thread? If it's Nvidia-related then I won't be able to help because I'm an ATI-guy.
    Last edited by mlomker; October 22nd, 2005 at 08:52 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mlomker
    I understand that this problem is related to installing Nvidia's driver. If you do a search it should turn up a thread or two. I can't help with that because I'm an ATI guy.

It works now, I am going to try and get rid of all it and the kdestuff and try again. I saw instructions about compiling it without opengl to bypass some nvidia errors. I also used the configure command "--without-arts" as mentioned somewhere in the wiki. I think the main problem is just old junk messing it up as I get permission errors at login as well.

Thanks again

EDIT
    I still get the dcop error but it loads fine, The system tray icon launces in a seperate windows though, beats me.

I know that the repo version didnt totally uninstall though, It still had my media library when I loaded this version up.

Guess I need to do some spring cleaning this fall

2nd Edit
    This version does work alot better as the freezes I previously had are now gone
    Last edited by Dr. Nick; October 22nd, 2005 at 08:56 PM.

Beans

This version does work alot better as the freezes I previously had are now gone

I do a clean reload with every major release. If you keep your /home on another partition it makes the process pretty simple. thread1 thread2

Beans

# DONE - amaroK successfully installed/updated! Start it from your menu or by typing "amarok".
    victor@ubuntu:~$ amarok
    bash: amarok: command not found
    victor@ubuntu:~$

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast