Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW-TO: Building amaroK from SVN source

Beans

Re: HOW-TO: Building amaroK from SVN source

Quote Originally Posted by comradevik
    bash: amarok: command not found
    Did you search for it? I don't use gnome, but an icon is created under Multimedia in KDE. The executable goes to /usr/bin, which is normally in the path.

Code:
    sudo updatedb
    locate amarok

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

# DONE - amaroK successfully installed/updated! Start it from your menu or by typing "amarok".
    victor@ubuntu:~$ amarok
    bash: amarok: command not found
    victor@ubuntu:~$

What does amarokapp say? I got a shortcut to amarok in "applications-sound and video"

Quote Originally Posted by mlomker
    I do a clean reload with every major release. If you keep your /home on another partition it makes the process pretty simple. thread1 thread2]
    I figure I'll end up doing this , moving my home partition this time. Of course like every time I reinstall I will be tempted to delete that little NTFS partition at the front of my drive hehe.

This install has been through hoary and the entire breezy dev cycle, I encountered a few annoyances in the dev cycle that I havent solved yet and figure a reinstall will be faster and better.

Beans

victor@ubuntu:~$ amarokapp
    bash: amarokapp: command not found

locate amarok only gives me the amarok folder in my home/victor directory

Beans

Then I guess it didn't install anything. You'll need to run the script and watch it closely. If you don't sudo then it might not have rights to actually install the files.

Dr. Nick, how did you fix the dcopserver problem? I'm getting that too.

And when I open amaroK, I get a window with the icon in it... Instead of going to the tray a window is opened for the icon.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by souled
    Dr. Nick, how did you fix the dcopserver problem? I'm getting that too.

And when I open amaroK, I get a window with the icon in it... Instead of going to the tray a window is opened for the icon.
    Word for word description of my problem , couldn't have said it better. I havent fixed it yet, had some other errors before that one that had to be fixed. I may mess with that tomorrow since I couldnt tonight, I too get the windows instead of it going to a tray. If anyone else is trying this how to and gets the same problem and finds a solution please do share. I will post here as soon as I fix either of the 2 errors.

Souled do you use KDE or gnome? I have an idea to complie the kdebase from source, but I plan to disable alot of un-needed things which would most likely screw up KDE. If it does anything to help the dcop error I could send you a .deb somehow, or just tell you what commands to use, but if you ever wanted to use KDE It would probably cause problems

Beans
    Distro

victor@ubuntu:~$ amarokapp
    bash: amarokapp: command not found

What did you choose in the 2nd popup I think it was, It either ask for sudo or something like su -c

If you didnt before use the sudo one

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nick
    Souled do you use KDE or gnome? I have an idea to complie the kdebase from source, but I plan to disable alot of un-needed things which would most likely screw up KDE. If it does anything to help the dcop error I could send you a .deb somehow, or just tell you what commands to use, but if you ever wanted to use KDE It would probably cause problems
    If it works, please send. I use Gnome. I will never use KDE, I think it looks so ugly haha, no offense to any KDE users.

Beans

did you fix the dcopserver problem?
    I just loaded gnome on my test box and it works perfectly--icon in the task tray, just as I'd expect. I'll try reloading a fresh gnome install in the morning without any KDE components and see what the results are.

I spent some time trying to get the SVN version to package as a .deb but I couldn't get checkinstall to do it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by souled
    If it works, please send. I use Gnome. I will never use KDE, I think it looks so ugly haha, no offense to any KDE users.
    Why would I be offended? I always feel pity for the blind.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast