Page 51 of 380 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Conky Weather Forecast Python Script

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Conky Weather Forecast Python Script

Quote Originally Posted by Arcnsparc View Post
    I would just like to point out that before you update your conkyweather via the repository make sure to back up your conkyrc if its in the default location. I lost a lot of work because I dint back mine up.

This is the default location:

/usr/share/conkyforecast/example/conkyrc

now get back to nerding out on sweet conky set ups!
    But that conkyrc is only an example, updated with each install of conkyForcast.

Just a suggestion:

Put your working conky in a directory in your home directory:

~/Conky/myconky

and as a side note: in terminal typing
    Code:
    conky
    brings up conky's default conkyrc file, so I wouldn't call it conkyrc just to be safe.

@ bfc - so far the results are: if you use ${voffset x} you'll have to live with the blank empty space below the visible display.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    I may have to add a logging function to see how many people are using it
    Like a webpage counter... --datatype=LC (Log Counter)
    And watch the numbers go up.

Don't know about you, but I am really liking those new fonts, they really do make the output so much better
    Yea, stancho did a fine job.

BTW, I have updated the google calendar thread now, as that is also available in my package archive, so it's nice and easy to install as well
    Man, you have been busy. I'm watching the thread, but I don't use the calendar.

CHIMO!
    Bruce

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Thumbs down Re: Conky Weather Forecast Python Script

Quote Originally Posted by bfc View Post
    Here is how I fixed, apparently they changed to font used to display the weather icons. So, anywhere you have ${font Weather:size=X} change it to ${font Conkyweather:size=x} and it should work.

Since the fonts are different you may need to play around with the alignment. However, the fonts are much nicer!
    Thanks guy! This works great!
    To a man with a hammer, many things look like nails. Furthermore, I have discovered that my ability to use Linux is proportional to both my skill with Google, and my blood-caffeine content. LastFM Blog

Beans
    Hidden!

I just want to make a quick suggestion

If you have any issues with a new version being released, the first thing you should do is work backwards from the end of the thread posts until you see something with an UPDATE heading posted from me (it shouldn't be too far back)

Whenever I release a new version I post an update on the thread with all the things that have changed, and a heads up on what "gotchas" there might be.

This time round the gotcha detailed was the font name change, take a look here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=479

A simple check for an UPDATE posting will stop a lot of head scratching most of the time...

Cheers

Beans
    Hidden!

damn... a lot of things going on...

Thanks for the font Stancho! it looks great, can't wait to install it.

Accidentially, I have the same problem with the wind font (BF). See the attached screenshot. The wind direction is VAR - Varying. This displays as a space now and the font apparently has the same problem as had the weather font.

Would it be too complicated to fix the wind direction font the same way Stancho? Also it would be nice to have some kind of picture for the varying direction... But I'm clueless here as to how it should look like..

And one more small thing, Kaivalagi, I think it would be better to display nothing (a space?) instead of an arrow if the wind speed is "calm"? I think it now displays an "N" arrow.. But since no wind is blowing..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

Hi Folks ...

No, no questions, no requests.

I'd like to take the time to Thank kaivalagi for all the work he has put into his conky scripts. As most of us know there are, at present, three of them. kaivalagi has been a dedicated developer fixing bugs before the pixels dry in the forum posts reporting them.

And two new comers to conkyForecast deserve a thank you too. nite who came to us fairly recently and made some changes to the code that has been beneficial to all of us.

And then there is stancho. stancho took a boring sleepy day font and made it a work of art fit for our desktops.

I'd like to think I say this from all of us here.

kaivalagi, nite and stancho, Thank you for your work on this project.
    I tip my hat to you all.

I wish you well in the future.
    Bruce

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by nite View Post
    damn... a lot of things going on...

Thanks for the font Stancho! it looks great, can't wait to install it.

Accidentially, I have the same problem with the wind font (BF). See the attached screenshot. The wind direction is VAR - Varying. This displays as a space now and the font apparently has the same problem as had the weather font.

Would it be too complicated to fix the wind direction font the same way Stancho? Also it would be nice to have some kind of picture for the varying direction... But I'm clueless here as to how it should look like..
    Maybe I can do something about it.

Thanks to all for the good words. The one that I can say is a quote to reply from one of my favorite books of Isaac Asimov:

"He is glad to be at service"

Stancho
    Last edited by stancho; September 7th, 2008 at 01:08 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Here's my conkyrc and screenshot so you can have an example. This is hard to find some "good" configurations, you kinda have to do it yourself.

My locale is french (fr_FR).

Code:
    background yes
    use_xft yes
    xftfont 123:size=8
    xftalpha 0.8
    override_utf8_locale yes
    text_buffer_size 1024

own_window yes
    own_window_type normal
    own_window_transparent no
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

default_color white
    default_shade_color black
    default_outline_color black

double_buffer yes

cpu_avg_samples 5
    net_avg_samples 5
    out_to_console no

update_interval 3

draw_shades yes
    draw_outline no
    draw_borders no
    border_margin 5
    border_width 1

# Text alignment, other possible values are commented
    alignment top_right
    gap_x 10
    gap_y 47

use_spacer none

no_buffers yes

uppercase no

color0 cyan
    color1 lightblue
    color2 orange
    color3 yellow
    color4 wheat
    color5 white
    color6 white
    color7 white
    color8 white
    color9 black

TEXT
    $alignr${execi 30000 lsb_release -d | sed 's/.*:\s*//'}
    $alignr${color green}${execi 3000 whoami} ${color}@ ${color green}$nodename
    $alignr${color white}$sysname $kernel ($machine)
    $color${hr}
    ${font 123:size=10:style=Bold}$alignc${color Gold}${time %A %d %B %Y}${font}
    ${voffset 5}${color}Uptime / Load: ${color DeepSkyBlue}$uptime ${color}/ ${color DeepSkyBlue}${loadavg}
    $color$stippled_hr
    $alignc${color}${execi 3000 grep 'model name' /proc/cpuinfo -m1 | sed 's/.*: //'}
    ${cpu cpu1}% ${color red}${cpubar cpu1}
    ${color}${cpu cpu2}% ${color red}${cpubar cpu2}
    $color$stippled_hr
    RAM $alignc $mem / $memmax $alignr $memperc%
    ${color yellow}$membar
    ${color}SWAP $alignc $swap / $swapmax $alignr $swapperc%
    ${color DarkMagenta}$swapbar
    $color$stippled_hr
    / $alignc ${fs_used /} / ${fs_size /} $alignr ${fs_free_perc /}%
    ${color green}${fs_bar /}
    $color/stockage $alignc ${fs_used /media/stockage} / ${fs_size /media/stockage} $alignr ${fs_free_perc /media/stockage}%
    ${color green}${fs_bar /media/stockage}
    $color$stippled_hr
    TOP 3 CPU (%) $alignr CPU  MEM 
    ${color green}${top name 1}${color red}$alignr${top cpu 1}${color DodgerBlue}${top mem 1}$color
    ${color green}${top name 2}${color red}$alignr${top cpu 2}${color DodgerBlue}${top mem 2}$color
    ${color green}${top name 3}${color red}$alignr${top cpu 2}${color DodgerBlue}${top mem 3}$color
    $color$stippled_hr
    TOP 3 MEM (%) $alignr CPU  MEM 
    ${color green}${top_mem name 1}$alignr${color DodgerBlue}${top_mem cpu 1}${color red}${top_mem mem 1}$color
    ${color green}${top_mem name 2}$alignr${color DodgerBlue}${top_mem cpu 2}${color red}${top_mem mem 2}$color
    ${color green}${top_mem name 3}$alignr${color DodgerBlue}${top_mem cpu 3}${color red}${top_mem mem 3}$color
    $color$stippled_hr
    IP locale: ${color green}$alignr${addr eth0}$color
    IP internet: ${color gold}$alignr${texeci 6000 wget -O - http://ip.tupeux.com | tail}$color
    Up: ${color CornflowerBlue}$alignr${upspeed eth0} kb/s (${totalup eth0})$color
    Down: ${color red}$alignr${downspeed eth0} kb/s (${totaldown eth0})$color
    $color$stippled_hr
    Gmail : ${color3}${texeci 180 perl ~/scripts/gmail.pl n} nouveaux mails
    $color${hr}
    ${color2}${font DejaVu Sans Mono:size=11}${alignc}Aujourd'hui
    ${voffset -4}$font ${font 123:bold:size=8}${color green}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=CC}$color${alignr 20}${font DejaVu Sans Mono:bold:size=9}TR: ${execi 1800 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=LT}$font
    ${goto 16}${color3}${font ConkyWeather:bold:size=30}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=WF}$font$color${voffset -18}${alignr 40}${font zekton:size=18}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=HT}$font
    ${voffset 8}${color1}Humidité: ${color3}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=HM}${alignr 2}${color1}Précipitations: ${color3}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=PC}$color
    ${color1}Vent: ${color3}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=WD} - ${execi 1800 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=WS}$color${alignr 2}${color1}Indice UV: ${color3}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=UI} - ${color3}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=UT}
    ${color1}Lever du soleil: ${color3}${execi 3600 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=SR}  ${alignr 2}${color1}Coucher du soleil: ${color3}${execi 3600 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=SS}$color
    ${voffset -4}$color$stippled_hr
    ${color2}${font DejaVu Sans Mono:size=11}${alignc}Demain
    ${voffset -4}$font ${font 123:bold:size=8}${color green}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=CC --startday=1}$color${alignr 20}${font DejaVu Sans Mono:bold:size=9}Min: ${execi 1800 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=LT --startday=1}$font
    ${goto 16}${color3}${font ConkyWeather:bold:size=30}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=WF --startday=1}$font$color${voffset -18}${alignr 40}${font zekton:size=18}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=HT --startday=1}$font
    ${voffset 8}${color1}Précipitations: ${color3}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=PC --startday=1}$color
    ${color2}${font DejaVu Sans Mono:size=12}${alignc}Jours suivants
    $font$color${execi 1800 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=DW --startday=2}:${alignr}$font${color gold}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=CC --startday=2}$color - ${color OrangeRed}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=HT --startday=2} ${color}/ ${color DodgerBlue}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=LT --startday=2}
    $font$color${execi 1800 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=DW --startday=3}:${alignr}$font${color gold}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=CC --startday=3}$color - ${color OrangeRed}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=HT --startday=3} ${color}/ ${color DodgerBlue}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=LT --startday=3}
    $font$color${execi 1800 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=DW --startday=4}:${alignr}$font${color gold}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=CC --startday=4}$color - ${color OrangeRed}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=HT --startday=4} ${color}/ ${color DodgerBlue}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -i --location=USMI0433 --datatype=LT --startday=4}

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by nite View Post

And one more small thing, Kaivalagi, I think it would be better to display nothing (a space?) instead of an arrow if the wind speed is "calm"? I think it now displays an "N" arrow.. But since no wind is blowing..
    Since the script was refactored we now use the text rather than degrees from the xml for weather direction, which means we no longer use the function to convert direction...to get rid of the N for calm conditions we need some code to handle this...I'll take a look at some point (unless you want to figure it out and pass the results on?)

Ran the below conkyrc test and I get nice spaces for a space character when using the Arrows font (see attached) Is the font up-to-date on your machine? I remember this being a problem a some time ago and it was fixed. Anyone else get the dreaded square boxes for the below test? Could be fixed on my machine only??

Code:
    background no
    use_xft yes
    xftfont Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:size=9
    xftalpha 0.8
    update_interval 1.0
    total_run_times 0
    own_window no
    double_buffer yes
    minimum_size 400 0
    maximum_width 1024
    draw_shades yes
    draw_outline no
    draw_borders no
    draw_graph_borders yes
    stippled_borders 8
    border_margin 4
    border_width 1
    default_color white
    default_shade_color black
    default_outline_color white
    own_window		yes
    alignment top_left
    gap_x 10
    gap_y 35
    no_buffers yes
    uppercase no
    cpu_avg_samples 2
    net_avg_samples 2
    override_utf8_locale yes
    use_spacer right

TEXT
    ${font Arrows:size=36}a b c d${font}
    Last edited by kaivalagi; September 7th, 2008 at 11:40 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Ran the below conkyrc test and I get nice spaces for a space character when using the Arrows font (see attached) Is the font up-to-date on your machine? I remember this being a problem a some time ago and it was fixed. Anyone else get the dreaded square boxes for the below test? Could be fixed on my machine only??

Code:
    TEXT
    ${font Arrows:size=36}a b c d${font}
    I ran the test with the total spectrum of the font:
    Code:
    TEXT
    ${font Arrows:size=36}a b c d e f
    g h i j k l
    m n o p
    A B C D E F
    G H I J K L
    M N O P${font}
    ----------------------
    and only got the "dreaded square box" at the letter q or Q.

What I did do was goto my ~/.fonts directory and renamed weather.ttf and conkyWeather.ttf to something else to make sure I was using the "automatically installed fonts" as I knew my ~/.font/conkyWeather.ttf was an older version. I don't know if that made a difference or not, but as you see this works, here.

Have a nice day.
    Bruce

Page 51 of 380 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast