Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Automatix released under GPL

manicka Guest

Re: Automatix released under GPL

Quote Originally Posted by kassetra
    Actually, arnieboy, I know you spent tons of time re-writing, revising, and re-doing your script so many times - it's a real treat that you chose to release your efforts under the gpl, for the benefit of other people - despite the many attempts to tarnish all of your hard work. You are a trooper.

Thank you for your generosity sir.

ditto

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Any possibility of putting this in the repos for Dapper?

sudo apt-get coffee

arnieboy Guest

Thanks a lot everyone for the encouragement and support :)

arnieboy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by psyguy92
    Any possibility of putting this in the repos for Dapper?

automatix currently is designed only for breezy.. I will probably release a dapper version once its stable.
    as for going into the repos.. well no such plans yet.

Beans
    Hidden!

First off, arnieboy, thanks for keeping Automatix GPL. I really think that's in the best spirit of things.

Now then, to address the rest of the thread. Let's see...

azz: We will lock or remove threads according to the forum guidelines, as we see fit. Get over it, it's not going to change.
    Unfortunately, I've only begun following this issue again after a month's absence due to a relocation...of course I'm extremely disappointed that it's still an issue at all. I thought this was resolved after sabdfl and the CC advised against deleting posts (and also advised for more openness). I see I was wrong and that there continues to be an administrative--what's the phrase? ah yes--'circle jerk' in place on these forums.

But at least you are honest here, kassetra. "...according to the forum guidelines, as we see fit." As you see fit, indeed, which appears to mean--from reading the forums--that you hold some people (staff members, people you agree with/like) to lighter/different standards than others.

Now, if the forum staff likes such censorship and favoritism, fine. By all means, continue playing in your little clubhouse. But the part that really irks me is that these forums are "Official". From what I can see, the forums only wish to reap the benefit of the "Official" title without making the sacrifices that come with it, and that is just unacceptable.

no, azz, zealots like yourself make LINUX LOOK BAD. And if you didn't try to push your own views onto everyone else within sight with your poison keyboard, maybe we wouldn't have the urge to close/remove your posts.
    The only difference between you and azz here is that you have the power to push your views on others and the power to shut down others' views when you don't like them.
    If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.
    ~Sirius Black, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

manicka Guest

That's a bit harsh macgyver2,

It seems to me that there is only a small group of people who are unhappy with the way the forums are run. I for one find it one of the best forums I've been associate with. While I respect your opinion I certainly don't have to agree with it.

To kassetra and all the staff.... keep up the great work

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

I have to agree with macgyver2. My post in this thread was deleted for pointing out that kassetra's above statement was a personal attack, and I was sent a rather snide PM basically telling me to shut up. I don't necessarily agree with azz's opinion, but I still think he should have the right to voice it.

I really think the forum staff's behavior in this thread alone is disgraceful, and far worse than anything azz seems to have said.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmatter
    And you make yourself look like an arrogant ass...
    no, azz, zealots like yourself make LINUX LOOK BAD. And if you didn't try to push your own views onto everyone else within sight with your poison keyboard, maybe we wouldn't have the urge to close/remove your posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ
    SHUT THE **** UP.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLeiXiuS
    Hypicritcal azzholes, gosh...
    Quote Originally Posted by KingBahamut
    No Andrew, but the really sad part is that you make it very difficult for me to like you. But I guess being well liked has nothing to do with whether your right or not, which seems to be more important to you.

Sad.
    In my opinion this is appalling and uncalled for, and reflects badly on the forum and on Ubuntu itself.
    Last edited by Malphas; December 6th, 2005 at 01:07 PM.

Beans

I agree that it's a great thing that Automatix is now under the GPL, and as the rest I think this kind of automation is a very good way of making life easier for the ordinary user.

However, I have to agree with Malphas: It's not right for Forum Staff to go STFU'ing opininons they don't like.

Of course forums need to be protected against trolls and spammers, but
    a more easy-handed approach than "we delete whatever we see fit" and
    if you don't like it then STFU is needed, I'm afraid.
    http://www.modspil.dk
    - fordi tiden kræver et MODSPIL!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

i'd like to say thanks to arnie for sharing his work, glad to know that automatix is under GPL now.

I think mod's here try to do their best to keep this forum in the right way. Even if sometimes some users disagree with their politic, we have to respect the time they spent in the forum like we have also to respect the time that arnie put in automatix.

However, i also appreciate that users like azz gives other point of views because it's always interesting to get different opinions and to understand why they think different.

So i don't think there's problems with the politic of the forum as long as we will be able to talk freely about it in the respect of the accomplished work.

All my appologizes if i hurt someone with my post.
    Last edited by frodon; December 6th, 2005 at 01:50 PM.

Beans

thanks arnieboy

Quote Originally Posted by Malphas
    I have to agree with macgyver2. My post in this thread was deleted for pointing out that kassetra's above statement was a personal attack, and I was sent a rather snide PM basically telling me to shut up. I don't necessarily agree with azz's opinion, but I still think he should have the right to voice it.

I really think the forum staff's behavior in this thread alone is disgraceful, and far worse than anything azz seems to have said.

In my opinion this is appalling and uncalled for, and reflects badly on the forum and on Ubuntu itself.
    honestly, I really agree with you.

Guys, just stop attacking each other. It's not right. As many other forums have put it, keep all personal attacks in PM.

Conor

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast