Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linux Chick Wallpaper

Beans

Talking Linux Chick Wallpaper

Just made my first completely open source piece of artwork. I only used Inkscape and GIMP. Made it into a wallpaper for anyone who wants it, tell us what you think.

I definitely think there's going to be a version two of this. Got some ideas brewing.

If anyone could suggest a name for him or a better tag line that would be cool.

I have to say I'm not getting on very well with GIMP. The interface is not very streamlined. The multiple windows thing doesn't make sence (unless I'm missing something?). Switching back and forth between GIMP and Inkscape ment I had to click six windows each time!

Maybe I just need to get used to it and find out the tricks that make the workflow faster?

Anyone know where I can get a .deb for GIMPshop?

Thanks
    Last edited by moeFinley; September 3rd, 2006 at 03:06 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Re: Linux Chick Wallpaper

Lose the gradients.

Put GIMP on a separate workspace. Then you just have to switch the workspace.
    Viller on freenode.

Beans

I usually put all the panels into one window, so I just have the picture and the panles... that's not so bad. Gimp is a lot about getting used to it...
    btw, I really like this wallpaper!

edit: just one thing, I'll always try to avoid putting things in the middle. first: it's kind of boring, and second most users keep their icons either left of right and it's a pity if the picture or the text gets covered up by icons...
    Last edited by HanZo; September 3rd, 2006 at 09:33 AM.
    [>] visit my brand new blog: weblog.papernoise.net
    [+] follow me on twitter: twitter.com/papernoise

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Not bad, not bad...

You might want to change the title though... I thought the chick referred to sexy women...but then...I am a pervert!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Illidan View Post
    You might want to change the title though... I thought the chick referred to sexy women...but then...I am a pervert!
    HA HA HA my evil plan to get more people to view the post worked!

I feel bad now though so here's something in way of compensation

Thanks for the GIMP tips, didn't think of using a new workspace
    New to Linux and sometimes even though you know something is there and you know how to use it, you just forget to

Commodore, did you mean the gradiants on the pengiun? I wanted to get them to follow the shape, so the shape has a soft edge. Is this possible in Inkscape?

Beans

oh the poor girls... they always have to sell eveything...
    [>] visit my brand new blog: weblog.papernoise.net
    [+] follow me on twitter: twitter.com/papernoise

Beans
    Hidden!

"Anyone know where I can get a .deb for GIMPshop?"

Convert the rpm to deb with alien.

Nice artwork. Gotta knuckle down and learn how to use Inkscape properly myself. All I've use it for so far is making scalable box outlines for menus.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by moeFinley View Post
    Just made my first completely open source piece of artwork. I only used Inkscape and GIMP. Made it into a wallpaper for anyone who wants it, tell us what you think.

I definitely think there's going to be a version two of this. Got some ideas brewing.

If anyone could suggest a name for him or a better tag line that would be cool.

I have to say I'm not getting on very well with GIMP. The interface is not very streamlined. The multiple windows thing doesn't make sence (unless I'm missing something?). Switching back and forth between GIMP and Inkscape ment I had to click six windows each time!

Maybe I just need to get used to it and find out the tricks that make the workflow faster?

Anyone know where I can get a .deb for GIMPshop?

Thanks
    TNX for picture
    New very very new user Ubuntu 8.04
    Linux user number #422318 Be happy now

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

This is great! I switched to using it on my desktop. GREAT WORK! Absotively Beunderful!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Any chance of you producing a Tutorial showing the steps you went through in Inkscape/Gimp to produce this along with the SVG source. I think this would make an excellent introduction for someone trying to learn to use those programs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast