Thread: camera upside down

Beans

camera upside down

hello,
    i have bought new asus notebook and the webcame is shown upside down

i have read through this thread but my driver is called "uvcvideo" and it does not seem to know option vflip=1

everytime i write
    sudo modprobe uvcvideo vflip=1
    it writes:
    FATAL: Error inserting uvcvideo (/lib/modules/2.6.31-15-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/uvc/uvcvideo.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

i also tried installing this utility called "v4l2ucp" (who the hell makes these terrible `names`??) and it has all kind of settings like brightness, contrast and everything but no "vflip" option

i am hopeless

Beans

Re: camera upside down

bump

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Beans

i tried following the guide but it says "Navigate to the 'uvcvideo-1b4c7a6b9d26' directory "

where is this directory? i searched all the directories inside / the only results it brought were directories named "uvcvideo"

and when i wrote "make menuconfig" inside them (as the guide tells me to) it wrote error
    make: *** No rule to make target `menuconfig'. Stop

by the way, are you trying to make me install drivers for my usb camera? because i thought they came with the ubuntu. or is there some option that can flip the video when recompiling drivers? i'm confused
    Last edited by someNewb; December 19th, 2009 at 06:20 PM. Reason: formatting got destroyed

Beans

i found solution here

Beans

Hi SomeNewB, I found the same solution with better and simple instructions here, http://techspalace.blogspot.com/2010...imple-fix.html