Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good games

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Good games

Hey, I just got Dapper Drake, and I was looking for some reccomendations for good games anyone's played before. They can be in the packet manager or in external install; I'll figure out how to get it running .

Thanks in advance!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Good games

Quote Originally Posted by srunni
    Hey, I just got Dapper Drake, and I was looking for some reccomendations for good games anyone's played before. They can be in the packet manager or in external install; I'll figure out how to get it running .

Thanks in advance!
    Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory
    Stepmania (if you like to get a workout and feel like buying the pads).

More info on Wolf - ET can be found here. Just a warning - the gameplay is absolutely amazing IMO...good luck quitting once you've started. I recently had to uninstall it because of my addiction

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

It's really old school, but I am still in love with Nethack. There's a nicer looking version for Gnome called nethack-gnome or something like that. I first played it's predecessor, Rogue, nearly 20 years ago and I still find the gameplay enjoyable.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

Here's the best list of native running games I found so far. http://doc.gwos.org/index.php/Native_Games Most of them are GPL.
    I strongly recommend Neverwinter Nights.It's the best RPG I ever played(after Diablo II of course ). It's not free, but if you got the ca$h, every single user of this comunity will tell you IT's WORTH IT!

Cheers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Do you play NWN online or by yourself? I tried to play it several times but found it dull. Though, I'm also not huge on quests so I'm not sure wtf I was thinking in trying that game anyway. -- Still, is that one you play online or solo mostly?
    Linux Knowledge >> << My Head

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by chadk
    Do you play NWN online or by yourself? I tried to play it several times but found it dull. Though, I'm also not huge on quests so I'm not sure wtf I was thinking in trying that game anyway. -- Still, is that one you play online or solo mostly?
    You find it dull?!Online playing or NWN in general?!Don't know about online, I play only singleplayer.
    Not huge on quests?! Then RPG's are not for you . Neverwinter Nights is a great game, but only if you like RPG's. I've finished the original game, and the 2 main addons about 3 times each, and I just got the rest of the official modules, and could never get enough
    Don't blame yourself for trying out the game.It's just human nature to be curious.
    Although you should check some forums/user oppinions before buying a game
    Cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I recommend checking out my blog which is a list of and commentary on Free Software gaming. There's a large number of good games linked and more to come.

http://freegamer.blogspot.com/

Check it out and let me know what you think!
    Wand good Free Software games?
    Free Gamer - Open source game resource
    FreeGameDev - Free Software games community

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Yah, I know... RPG's = quests and since I don't like quests, why do I keep being drawn to RPGs? I have no idea. I played EQ for a few years and did a LOT of quests, grudgingly.
    Linux Knowledge >> << My Head

Beans

Try tremulous. It is a good tactical FPS. http://www.tremulous.net

Frozen bubble is also a great time killer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

supertux and tux racer are my favorite open source games, the later of which was part of the reason why i first tried linux

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast