Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: ubuntu is a free/open source soft, why not the board is one of the open source also??

Beans

Re: ubuntu is a free/open source soft, why not the board is one of the open source al

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey
    No, its a paid skin, made by vbstyles.com....
    No, the skin was a template I and the other admins used to create the themes used on the forum. Almost all aspects of the themes have been customized
    ??? :: ubuntu is my OS soul mate
    UDSF :: Forum Policies :: Unanswered Posts :: Ruby :: Donate
    official ubuntu member
    :: ??????? :: so say we all

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: ubuntu is a free/open source soft, why not the board is one of the open source al

Quote Originally Posted by kassetra
    No, the skin was a template I and the other admins used to create the themes used on the forum. Almost all aspects of the themes have been customized
    Well congratulations, I think it is excellent. I am going to check out what is available for free / min cost and try to hack something together. If yourself, or anyone would like to help - please pm me. cheers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Nevertheless, there are some very big similarities with: http://www.vbstyles.com/forum/index.php?styleid=140
    Of course, you've modified the header and footer and colors,... with some tweaks...

And still; the footer says: Modified element skin from vbstyles.com

Beans

Yes the base skin is element kass changed all the icons and colors for the forums etc etc.. and made it look all cool and fun
    My Blog | Forum Search | Forum Guidelines
    Please don't PM support questions--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

puzzles me

Beans
    Hidden!

Ubuntu using non-free components for critical infrustructure has the following subtext:

"We (ubuntu) suggest you should run your personal and commercial systems on our provided free-software system, even though we ourselves are not willing or capable of doing so."

That is, it undermines the implied worth of free software, or suggests that Ubuntu does not realize the worth of free software, which suggests that people who do realize it should look elsewhere.

This not to say that there are not benefits to making this choice, or that the choice is invalid. This is simply the problem with this choice.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

This has been asked so many times a sticky was made to give the reasons for it. I'll refer anyone interested there and close this ancient, but resurrected thread.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678